NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skier Down Flag Law in Illinois

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 1:43pm
Are there specific regs on the flag, would one of these work:

Available on EBAY!

BTW, I would put out a general plea for support, if you happen to be around my wife at Green Lake, I'd ask/plead that you don't complain about this law (at least in her presence), Tony B. was one of my wife's students and the whole thing is still VERY emotional. I know there are lots of things that went wrong, lots of opinions on the subject, but she can't separate any of that from the emotion of the terrible loss of a child.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

John - BTW, do you still run your drag? Looks like an STV River Racer with a 2.0 on there?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 1:59pm
Steve the law is 12x12 orange. So no, that burgee won't work.

The law reads 12" per side. john b joked about finding a 12" cube flag.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 2:09pm
I'm going to wait and see how many others comply,Lake County seems more aggressive at enforcement than McHenry after all you can ski and use your jet ski after dark here as long as you have your sticker---
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 7:51pm
Ok just saw 1st skier of the season, no flag. They are from Cary,out quite often,most times no observer and have a early Sport.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 7:59pm
You better call them over to your dock to inform them of the rules!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 9:52am
Believe the law does not officially go into effect until 1/1/16
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 11:48am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Believe the law does not officially go into effect until 1/1/16

I hope you are right, but everything I have read says the law went into effect 1/1/15. I'm hoping to play the ignorance card for a while before I have to start using the flag.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 12:18pm
From the il.gov website it says the law goes into effect 1-1-2015

Personally I don't think it's going to make much of a difference but if it saves one person from getting hit then it's worth it. I think people will just get used to seeing it on every boat and it will start to be ignored, eventually getting as much respect as a diver down flag.

I plan to get the tower bracket above but I guess if someone gets too close for comfort and my observer stands up and starts waving the flag the offender "Might" actually see why we're upset at them and back off. It's worth a shot.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 12:25pm
Scott you are correct, flag law was effective 1/1/15 the new licensing laws do not take effect until 1/1/16.

Maybe we should try and get a group buy discount on those tower mount brackets
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

John - BTW, do you still run your drag? Looks like an STV River Racer with a 2.0 on there?

I never drove that boat. I seized it in a drug deal. I couldn't resist the opportunity for a selfie in it. I threw the photo up back a page or so when we were discussing boat seizure laws.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic