NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cypress gardens freaks

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cypress gardens freaks
    Posted: March-02-2014 at 4:38pm
The Florida-shaped pool made famous by pin-up beauty Esther Williams at Cypress Gardens is once again going to be available for public viewing.

The pool was featured in Williams' 1953 film "Easy to Love." It was an attraction at Cypress Gardens through the years, until the park finally fell to financial pressures several years ago. Merlin Entertainments bought the shuttered botanical garden and amusement park to redevelop it into Legoland Florida.

Merlin restored some of the gardens for public viewing, including the parks' well-known Banyan Tree. The pool in the shape of the state of Florida survived the redevelopment, but was in an area that was not open to the public.

Legoland said Friday it plans to host a ribbon-cutting this Wednesday to mark the reopening of the iconic pool. It is also reopening Cypress Gardens' former Oriental Gardens. Legoland is closed Tuesday and Wednesday, so the first day the public will be able to see the pool and gardens is Thursday.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/blog/tourism-central/os-cypress-gardens-florida-pool-restored-20140228,0,400620.post?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+business%2Ftourism%2Ftourismcentral+%28Tourism+Central...+Florida%29
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 5:39pm
pretty cool. Just checked it out on Google maps and here's what it shows

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 5:46pm
yea it used to look like an actual swimming pool. my dad knows a few people they have in the picture of it from back then.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
coswantnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coswantnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2014 at 5:29am
I want to look for a partner to cospaly Naruto and Sasuke from Naruto with me .If you want ,message me. I have get the Naruto cospaly costume.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2014 at 12:19pm
Story Link

Some neat old pictures there. Seems wrong to see the Mastercraft boat with CG jump behind it in one of the last (recent) pictures.

Esther Williams was a babe!

'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 1:02am
My boat was the official tow boat of that pool in 1980.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic