NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

88 BFN + Parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 88 BFN + Parts
    Posted: March-02-2014 at 8:21pm
Hey guys,

Thanks Eddie, Pete, Billy, Tim, Tim, Mike, (ETC), and so many others who have looked in on me.    (absolutely no order to the above except Eddie just said hey)

Sadly, the time has come for me to part with the pumpkin patch. It's 'turn key' with extra parts. Those range from engine lift and stand to gaskets...with plenty in between.

I know I false started once, but this is real. I need to sell it soon, so I'll be accepting all reasonable offers and I don't expect to get out of it what I have in it; the tools are my gift to you. I'll be dropping it in Wednesday so it will be on the dock for a test ride.

For the newer members; the engine in perfect shape; it has very low hours...yall quit laughing...and is well documented on this site. She's not all bling, but she is solid below the belt and will hold a full wine glass on the dash at speed...on glass. Questions are welcome of course; guessing a lot of you know the answers though. :-)

I miss you guys,
Greg

my new email is better    g    dot   skillern   at    charter    dot   net

note: independent bids only on Hollywood's barefoot suit    ;-)   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 9:01pm
Greg,
Where have you been? I have noticed you not being on site lately. I miss you too! I tried calling you but the last # I had for you has been disconnected. PM me to fill me in on what's going on.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 10:39pm
Howdy Pete. Totally to Eric's chagrin, I'll be in my form again soon.

I've been here and there and just over to the left. Amy and I are parting ways and so things will change. It sux that my BFN will be a statistic, but it's cool that someone else will get to run it.

I wish I had gotten my first boat this way!
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 11:42pm
After a re-read, I realize my boat sounds like a mechanic's special/nightmare. It isn't. It's ready to go at least another 20. Now, if I could only get some backup outa this crowd...     

1988 BFN-sold

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 11:51pm
Greg sad to see you selling the pumpkin.

Your stringer thread was what got me hooked into this site.

You should have left some viewing panes in the floor like I think Jbear suggested to see the high quality of work below.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 11:26am
Thanks bud...I do have a saw?!!?   

You guys were all so complimentary about the patch; it is sad to see it go. I also welled up a touch when I sold my 79 watching it roll out, and then bought this one.   

From the response so far, yall must think I'll be overly proud on the price; this isn't the case. A deal will be had for the right person.

Lots of 'case candy'!
1988 BFN-sold

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 11:40am
A boats a boat Greg, I'm more sorry to hear about the split with Amy. I know nothing about your situation but I hope the both of you find what you need to be happy very soon.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 11:42am
Greg:

Selling to this bunch has been weird this year. In the past, parts and stuff have moved right along going from project to project. This year it's been really slow. I think many fellows have too many projects going on... We need more new blood with enthusiasm and full wallets.

Tim and Hollywood are the only ones buying - and only if its dirt cheap.... Ha!

I would make an offer if Reid could store it for me; keep it out of my overfull garage and overfull boat lift.............
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 11:49am
Thanks guys, and for the info Steve. I think a lot of folks are tight right now.

Howdy Alan. Yes, just a boat. I'm going to sell it...I'm trying here to keep it as a barefoot/in one piece. If I post it locally, the odds are good it'll sell for the 4-bolt. That would hurt.
1988 BFN-sold

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 11:55am
Greg:

My go-to boat guy here used to barefoot behind a BFN and talked about getting one. Don't know how serious he is... Email me Pics and price and I'll pitch it to him.

Be glad to trailer it up here if he's interested. Good opportunity to see my Georgia brothers.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 12:39pm
If he's the go-to guy, he is a mechanic? Geez; he don't want this one.

I don't have pics on this drive. They are all over the site and I'll try to add a few tonight. I'll also try to get a quick inventory on the case candy. I got rid of my extra heads(peanuts) and a few other things...I gave away another pair of 781's...but there's more.

1988 BFN-sold

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 4:17pm
Greg, I hate to see you have to part ways but you're right....it's a boat! Lets just do our best to 'keep it in the family'

So.....Who wants to buy a Ski Tique??

Not trying to jack your thread, just wishing I had room in the stable for the BFN. It's on my wish list but bad timing for the Mars family.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 6:03pm
Sad story. Been there done that. Keep the faith, even this will pass. Sure is a nice looking boat!!
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 10:19am
I apologize for posting this here. I knew it and did it anyway. Silly me to expect some flex. Pull it down boss.

Also, please stop the notification emails as asked several times and nuke my diary post.

Beware the PM here on site...poorly named.

Yall take care.
1988 BFN-sold

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 10:48am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

I apologize for posting this here. I knew it and did it anyway. Silly me to expect some flex. Pull it down boss.

Also, please stop the notification emails as asked several times and nuke my diary post.

Beware the PM here on site...poorly named.

Yall take care.

This is sad to see..... let's try to not make it harder on one of our own..... plus PMs monitored/not private? Shame ...........
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 11:09am
Jumping to conclusions, Steve?

Sounds like a big misunderstanding Greg- Im sure no ill will intended. Get that for sale ad (diary) going... I'd put a link to your rebuild thread in it. Someone is going to get a really nice BFN... wish it could be me!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 11:22am
Nope.... Just responding to Greg's comment that PM was poorly named. So, I guess he meant that it's not a messenger???

Don't know what all the rest was about notification emails, nuke post, and take down post....

And my conclusion that I jumped to:

It is a shame he feels that way and needed to post that there's been more turmoil for him.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Jumping to conclusions, Steve?

No Timmy, he's spot on except that I meant the PM is not private. Mine was 'edited' w/o a simple call from the admins/kgb? who have my phone #.

Thought I had some frequent flyer miles; my bad.

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

And my conclusion that I jumped to:

It is a shame he feels that way and needed to post that there's been more turmoil for him.

Thank You Sir!
Peace
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

[QUOTE=BuffaloBFN] plus PMs monitored/not private? Shame ...........

Sorry Steve...missed that.
1988 BFN-sold

wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 1:16pm
I hate to see you have to sell the boat, but you will get another one. Can't begin to tell you how much your stringer thread meant to me, I read several stringer threads over and over including yours. Thanks for posting it.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by wwchevy wwchevy wrote:

I hate to see you have to sell the boat, but you will get another one.

Again, spot on!

Originally posted by wwchevy wwchevy wrote:

Can't begin to tell you how much your stringer thread meant to me, I read several stringer threads over and over including yours. Thanks for posting it.

I can't begin to tell you how much I needed that smile you gave me. Thank you!

The Pumpkin Patch might be an old, worn out bfn(had a small tree growing in it when I bought it) if not for the group here on the site. I knew a little about this and that when I started, but the help I got here on CCF was the difference.

With many thanks to CCF, she is a scream to run.

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 6:26pm
The Ramblin' Wreck from GA Tech ate your hat.
1988 BFN-sold

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 7:08pm
PMs are not monitored or edited. As far as I know it is not even possible and only Keith would be able to answer that.

As Tim pointed out, Greg has the ability to edit his own diary entry to flag for sale.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 10:10pm
Bill Cody was telling me about the definition of "is"...

Again, my apologies and a resounding   <uncle>
1988 BFN-sold

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 10:26pm
Greg
Sorry to hear about your situation. Hang in there, better times are ahead.
I don't know what all this tangential conversation is about, but I'd like to get the info of your boat. I often get guys who I know through barefoot racing, asking about BFN's for sale. Tomorrow, I'm having lunch with the founder of the Buckethead race. The topic of what BFN's are out there will probably come up.
If you have the specs and story of the boat, and a target price, let me know.
Thanks,
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 11:18pm
Howdy Steve,

Please bring her up. I do not have a target price in mind; more like a target home.

Her specs are all over this board; but I have been too; so...

RH 454/4-bolt/#'s match
.060 over
P/U pistons
Comp is just under 10.2
DUI 7000? Dist.

...and so much more. From the new scat crank to most of the bolts, she's mostly new; cotter pin forward. Billy turned the coupler while mounted on the shaft I got from him.

RH 10-18 box...barely out the back door of FFM. Hard parts too.
Pretty decent stringer/floor work
Turn-key
2 inch receipt file
Extras

That should amply cover my interests.

She needs a bit aesthetically(looks pretty good now and will tomorrow when the winter alarm goes off). Skins, carpet and minor gel repairs would ice the cake. I don't like being stranded and approached my repairs from that angle.

I am angry, but not with CCF per se, or with the very large majority of folks here. I feel blindsided and just won't abide a lie.

Peace

Side note to all-Thanks for the warm wishes for myself and Amy

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 11:27pm
Nearly new 100' BI toe line to a footer!

(forgot the boom; it's not new but is BI)
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 11:53pm
Unrelated circle geometry...I promise

Aston Villa has the ball...down to Lampard with room on the flank...the cross in to Benteke...he's under pressure...

Chest trap to bicicletta...

GOAL!!!

Shades of Pele...
1988 BFN-sold

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2014 at 12:08am
Pretty decent floor/stringer work-- Don't sell yourself short Greg,you set the bar with that boat. Hope everything works out for you
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic