Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding a Seat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1998Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding a Seat
    Posted: April-06-2006 at 12:18pm
Has anyone ever added a seat to a 1998 Nautique, closed bow. Maybe behind the driver seat?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2006 at 12:54pm
What I would suggest is to look into the Correct Craft jump seat. These were a factory option that fit beside the observer's seat on the 210 (SAN). Ive also seen them used behind the driver's seat. I've always thought it would be a great way to add one more seat since it isnt permanent.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2006 at 1:48pm
How do I go about getting one?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2006 at 1:58pm
I have seen them on ebay pretty regularly over the last year while looking for older correct craft seats, I would give a look there first.
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2006 at 3:41pm
I recently saw one on ebay.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2006 at 4:35pm
I have one of the jumpseats shown above, and it works out pretty well. I know a couple of guys who've made them, and it wasn't too difficult. One guy mounted his woofer in the base. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2006 at 4:41pm
How do I search for them? Also how could I make one? I need some more seating in my Nautique? Thank X How much are they worth?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2006 at 4:58pm
I'd search on "jump seat" and boat. New, I think I paid about $300. Not cheap. Simplest way is to make a plywood frame, and cover with carpet. Plywood, some foam, and some vinyl for the seat and back. You kind of get the idea from the picture above. I'm leaving for a business trip, but can give you some dimensions off mine when I get back, if that will help. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2006 at 5:24pm
There's an article in this month's Waterski Magazine from a guy who built a jump seat for his MC. Might help you. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 12:29am
That would be great if you could send me the measurements. I couldn't find one on ebay.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 12:50am
Here is a thread on PlanetNautique that has the jump seat dimensions. FYI, Doug (east tx skier) is the one who is featured in this month's Waterski Mag. Pictures of his jump seat are in this thread as well.

PlanetNautique Jump Seat Thread
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2006 at 3:44pm

I didn't forget you. Just got sidetracked. I actually took the jump seat out of the boat and it is sitting in my office. Do you still need measurements? Let me know. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2006 at 10:15pm
Yes the measurments would be perfect. Thank You
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2006 at 2:41am
98, Measurements are proving to be more difficult than I thought. The base is not
straight lines. I don't have photoshop or a good draw program. I can do a hand drawing if you want. Click on my signature below, and send me an email with a fax number. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2006 at 8:03pm
ahodgy@hotmail.com
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2006 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by 1998Nautique 1998Nautique wrote:

Yes the measurments would be perfect. Thank You

From the thread I referenced above:

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2006 at 12:35am
Tim, thanks for giving me something to work with. I have the jump seat in front of me (same as in photo at the top of this thread).

Looking at the diagram Tim provided:

At the base where it reads 21" Actual measurement is 25.5"
Base 11" is correct.
Triangle 15" is correct.
Top 9.25" is correct.
Triangle 9.5" in drawing should be 9"
10" and 14" measurements are correct.

5.5" measurement is incorrect. - It is 6"

Note the front of the pedestal angles out slightly. It is 1" from seat base to the front of the pedestal.

The seat cushion is 13" wide and 12" deep.

Back cushion is 13" wide, 15" tall.

Sorry it took so long. I was trying to figure out how to draw the darned thing and get it posted. Didn't realize Tim had posted a drawing.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2006 at 10:25am
Is it possible that the jumpseats for a SAN different dimensions than for a SN?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2006 at 11:22am
Hollywood, I suppose it's possible. When I bought mine they didn't specifically indicate it was a special part #. 98SN has a closed bow and plans to put it behind his driver's seat, so it won't make much difference. I have used my jump seat in both a 98 Air Nautique, and a 2002 Air Nautique with no problem. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic