Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Pressure switch?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
marmon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marmon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Pressure switch?
    Posted: April-07-2014 at 4:41pm
The oil pressure gauge in my 1988 SN2001 stays pegged to the right when I start up the boat and run it. I switched out the pressure switch on the engine but it still stays pegged to the right. How or what can I or should I check next? Thanks
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2014 at 5:32pm
Sounds like the sender lead is being grounded someplace. Time to break out the volt/ohm meter and start tracing the sender lead back to the gauge.
Did you make sure that you matched the sender ohm value to the gauge when youreplaced it? What happens if you disconnect the sender lead from the sender? The guage still pegs or no?
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
marmon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marmon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2014 at 8:01pm
I will have to check it more closely and see. I'll post back when I do. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic