NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ice Out - Open Water

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
Author
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2014 at 2:28pm
went out for a ride last night...air ~75, water maybe 50ish (i don't have a lake temp gauge.)
idle temp was basically same story ~120-130.
cruising temp (disclaimer: i was at the end of the rope, explained the story to the wife and asked her to keep an eye on it) "around 160" which after discussion was probably 150-170. i fell three times and each time she reported the temp was 160.
we stopped for a beer and then idled back to the dock. temp at start up was 160 and dropped to around 130 by the time I got back to the dock.
strainer is fine. '88 is up north so no pump swapping. i don't think there is anything wrong here.
again, i'll continue to monitor.
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 10:44am
Lake opened up Yesterday, 03/31/2015
Deep Lake, Lake Villa, ILL

Let the fun Begin.

Expanding the dock this year, start building this weekend, hopefully get everything in soon thereafter.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 11:02am
A full ten days ahead of last year... very nice. We still have ice fishermen complaining about needing to put extensions on their Augers. I am seeing a definite pattern here as it is my second year living on this lake and those are the only two years in the last 25 where it has fully frozen over.   

Looking forward the pictures of the dock Quinner - I am considering adding a section to each dock myself.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 11:13am
Wow, you're way ahead of us too. Still looks plenty safe to traverse ours... We gotta be on a similar schedule as last year (way late). Still can't see the grass either- we got another inch last night, wtf.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 11:19am
Open water fishing opens in Maine today. There isn't any open water anywhere, except maybe on a fast moving stream. The newspaper reports Sebago Lake has 2'-3' of ice on it. It's been cold enough at night where the lake is still making ice. Our season is going to start very late. The mountains haven't been losing much base yet. Plenty of spring skiing ahead if they stay open.   

Funny how you guys warm up so fast when your winters seem as harsh as ours.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 11:28am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Lake opened up Yesterday, 03/31/2015
Deep Lake, Lake Villa, ILL

Let the fun Begin.

Expanding the dock this year, start building this weekend, hopefully get everything in soon thereafter.

Did you lose your primary laborer/assistant since he selfishly bought the house up in WI and I am sure spending all his weekends up there.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 11:37am
We had our coldest February on record this year, lake ice was 22"-24" range, last year ice was 36".

Historically over the past 17 years I have been here, lake opens up on St Patty's Day +/- a couple days.

Joe, Built 100' of dock last year, going to build another (8) 10' sections to enlarge the platform and also get out a little deeper. Will update my dock build thread as I get rolling.

Larry, HW is only about 25 mins away now and even when he did help, ya know kids these days, it felt like I was carrying both sides from one end anyways
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 11:42am
Ah, so you're always about 2 weeks ahead of us.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 12:01pm
Rough here today too. Only supposed to hit 78!
Greg

86 BFN
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 2:52pm
Open water in Iowa too! This was taken last night. Air temp was in the 70's. Water was cold but nice enough to ski...all our gear is under the RV in Orlando.

dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 4:24pm
Been offered to ski definitely need a suit, but spring snow skiing is in its prime. One of these days I'm going snow skiing in the morning and water in the afternoon !
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 4:36pm
Kirk, let me know when you're passing through next time. We'll have boats ready on their lift's this weekend!
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 5:02pm
Way to early for boats still having to much fun doing this...

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Way to early for boats still having to much fun doing this...

Is that trail 2 outside of Wakefield???
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 6:29pm
I'm traveling the last week of the month. Thanks for the offer hopefully I can fit a run in? Is that water always on the cold side?

Paul I got to go sledding in the mountains this winter wow that was fun now I have a sled added to the list.
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Is that trail 2 outside of Wakefield???

Mont Valin Quebec
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Mont Valin Quebec

Even better, saw the power line and that reminded me the top of the hill on "the shortcut" on trail #2.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by dochockey dochockey wrote:

One of these days I'm going snow skiing in the morning and water in the afternoon !

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10213&KW=snow+and+water&title=snow-and-water-spring-ski
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 10:29pm
Winter snow storm up to 3 feet. I was just getting use to the warming weather. My Daughter went on a field trip today, the bus had to stop to put chains on, they were over 4 hours late due to the snow. The winter skis are coming back out.
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 11:26pm

This time they weren't kidding 2 feet of snow
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 11:29pm
That BLOOOOOWWWSSSSSSS!!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 11:33pm
That's sweet!!!!! Wish we would have gotten that. I would love to pull the sled back out.

Ordering a new sled tomorrow.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 11:38pm
Paul - what you going to order???
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2015 at 12:26am
Thats terrible,and here I'm thinking it's been 10 whole days and 1500 miles since we have been in a boat. These fuel injected engines are sure nice,this thing has been sitting since October. It started like I used it yesterday.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2015 at 8:18am
Gary,
It looks pretty quiet on the river. Great time of the year for a cruise.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2015 at 9:37am
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Paul - what you going to order???

Skidoo Freeride 800 E-tec with a 146" x 2.5" track
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2015 at 11:14am
Nice ride! Best of all worlds right there, nice track length to bridge the bumps and enough to float on the powder and a good size lug to drive you through the deep stuff, and that E-tec engine is snappy, quick and long on the power curve. Jealous - really missed riding this year, ahhh this too shall pass.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2015 at 11:15am
Throw a picture up when you get it, hopefully an action shot doing a nice "wheelie"!!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2015 at 4:19pm
Yea when the snow gets this deep the big lug is a must

Here's my current sled its a Skidoo Backcountry X 800 E-tec on a 137 x 1.75 track. Its for sale by the way

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2016 at 10:40am
Getting closer, been a mild winter this year, ice only about 12" thick. My prediction is open water by 3/10/16, we will see.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
  Share Topic