NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Orlando Mini? Lake Conway Wipeout 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orlando Mini? Lake Conway Wipeout 2014
    Posted: April-11-2014 at 6:54pm
Guys, The 2014 Lake Conway Wipeout is in its 4th year now and I'm planning on a trip down for the event this year. Every year it has gotten bigger and bigger. Would be pretty awesome to have a good showing of CC boats there. Who's in?

2014 Lake Conway Wipeout

Saturday, July 19 at 12:00pm

Lake Conway Wipeout in Orlando, Florida

Linky to event
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 6:56pm
Pretty sure Ross (Rosconole) will be in attendance, and I've gotten confirmation from Jimmy (JLynch) that he and his '93 will be there. JPASS? halfnelly? Silver15? adamt? All you Orlando locals should be going, its in your back yard!
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
86nautique454 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 10:54pm
We are going again this year. I agree, a good showing of CC would be cool.

Bobby
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 11:39pm
Awesome Bobby! Looking forward to hanging with you guys.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2014 at 1:07am
Where do you guys put in at? I fish Conway frequently and if Im not at the ramp off Hoffner by 7:30 am, forget it.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2014 at 9:16am
The year before last I put in at Hoffner, but I was there before sunrise. I parked in the first parking spot. In the years past the organizers were able to secure parking at the church. They put this event on to raise money to fight cancer, so for a $20 donation you got a parking pass. Their FB page will have all of the info. It's a blast and the money goes to a good cause. Well worth it.

Bobby
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2014 at 10:53am
Getting in at a ramp, and parking would be my concern. If they have a church handling that for a good cause, I am in. Great way to raise $$! Other than that, it would be me arriving o dark 30, and meeting the rest of the family later. Bobby, you looking into this?
Js
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2014 at 11:03am
We always go to this event and will definitely be there this year. We usually park to left near the weeds and the long dock so we can get out when we need to. It gets pretty crazy out there.

The Hoffner ramp will be a mess. Most guys put in the day before and it will be pretty busy up until nightfall.

My normal hookup will be out of town, so I just might pay the $20 for the parking. Keep in mind there are limited spots available even if you pay.

Can't wait. Pretty sure Rosconole is going as well.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2014 at 12:03pm
FYI: This event was pushed back a week to July 26th.
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2014 at 3:33am
Bobby , i've got a spot for ya on the south lake if you dont want to go so early or drop in the night before is what I usually do but I am 15 min away.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2014 at 8:16am
Ross,

That sounds good, I was hoping someone would have a connection to make it easier. We'll be bringing two boats. Looking forward to having a Conway mini.

Bobby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 10:10am
Any updates on this? Launch and parking? We want to attend but I do not want to fight crowds to get in and out? I have to make a decision as Deb has the option of a CE meet that same weekend.
Js
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Any updates on this? Launch and parking? We want to attend but I do not want to fight crowds to get in and out? I have to make a decision as Deb has the option of a CE meet that same weekend.

There's going to be paid parking at the church next door to the Randolph ramp. I see you went to the FB page and they said the paid spots will be opening up in July.

I'm going to be using a friend's neighborhood ramp.

Hope to see you there.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 1:02pm
Jerry, I used the church parking two years ago and it wasn't bad. Alisa and friends came over around 10ish and Parked with ease in the lot. People were launching their boats at that time and the wait was only 10 min. Come on out we will have our kids, and all of them will have a blast.

Bobby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 1:20pm
Thanks Bobby. Where is the ramp, and Church? Name? Maybe I will make an exploratory trip.
Js
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 2:41pm

I will be there... look for green..
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 3:03pm

Thanks Bobby. Where is the ramp, and Church? Name? Maybe I will make an exploratory trip.

Jerry, it's the Hoffner ramp at Randolph ave. it,s about 2-3 blocks east of orange ave on the north side of Hoffner ave. the church is right next door. There is only about ten parking spaces at the ramp, so that why they use the church lot.

Bobby
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 3:22pm
Jerry,

Here's a map. I'm out there almost every weekend. Let me know if you ever want to meet up so you can see where everything is. I'll probably be there this Sunday.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 4:34pm
OK. You see what they said on FB. "Tickets" for the church parking will be available July. We are planning on it.
You say you will be there this Sunday? Maybe I will head down there after Church for a few hours? Easy to get into ramp around 12?

Jerry
Js
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 4:55pm
You can park behind 7-11 as well on orange ave.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 8:59pm

OK. You see what they said on FB. "Tickets" for the church parking will be available July. We are planning on it.
You say you will be there this Sunday? Maybe I will head down there after Church for a few hours? Easy to get into ramp around 12?Jerry

Jerry it's hit or miss in the afternoon. You could luck out. It's happened to me before. You can park where Ross said which is half a block away on the other side of Hansel St or you can park on the easement in front of the church or just across the street from the ramp on Randolph.

Shouldn't be too difficult. The shallow is on the SE of Lake Conway.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 9:08pm
Hey guys let me know if you all are going Sunday. I need to put my new Acme 1598 prop on and test it out this weekend. We could be over there around 12-1 pm. My wife also has a new stand up paddle board she wants to try out some more. The sandbar would be great for that.

Bobby
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 9:56pm
I thought about going to this as Conway is a favorite of mine I don't get to much anymore and it's for a good cause but then JPass threw a video out there and whoa, what a crowd. People don't get in trouble for parking behind the 7-11? For some reason I could see the PD there or the owners wanting to fine those trouble making, dangerous, rift raft boating people.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

I thought about going to this as Conway is a favorite of mine I don't get to much anymore and it's for a good cause but then JPass threw a video out there and whoa, what a crowd. People don't get in trouble for parking behind the 7-11? For some reason I could see the PD there or the owners wanting to fine those trouble making, dangerous, rift raft boating people.

It's actually a great time. Everyone is there to have a good time. I have no idea about parking behind the 7-11 that day, but if parking is an issue, I'd just pay the $20 for parking at the church next door.

I've never had a problem at this event and we've gone 3 out of the 4 years it's been going on. I say you give it a try and if you don't like it, you can always leave.
Jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2014 at 11:19pm
We are putting in the night before. Looking forward to meeting up.
Jimmy
1993 Ski Nautique
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2014 at 1:16am
its a big old shopping center parking lot, used to be a Safeway I think, now its nothing really, some scallywag state office on the end and like a pizza takeout maybe. you could park atleast 30 trucks and trailers easy.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2014 at 3:24pm
only a month away. No word on the paid parking yet for those that were interested.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2014 at 8:03am
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

only a month away. No word on the paid parking yet for those that were interested.

They said they would announce that info in July. Who is in for this??
Js
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2014 at 7:40pm
I know we will be there and Rosconole as well. Not sure who else from the site are definites.

I was out there today and most everybody I saw said they were going. It's going to be amazing as usual.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2014 at 1:05pm
Saw today that registration, raffle tickets, and parking passes will be available at Rogue Pub Bar this Thursday between 6-8PM.

It says there a limited number, but it didn't specify what that number is.

See you guys there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic