NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Lanier Mini Memroial Day weekend

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake Lanier Mini Memroial Day weekend
    Posted: April-21-2014 at 1:30pm
Gents,

I think we should start planning the 1st GA 2014 Mini.
How about Saturday 4/24 Memorial day weekend on lake Lanier.
I have a Lake Lanier Island membership and can reserve slips (50-75$) at the docks there 30 days in advance. Or we can camp out at the ski cove?

Let's make this happen and start the official season (btw I'll be out this Sunday on Lake Lanier)
1994 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2014 at 1:40pm
I'm out for this weekend as Sydney graduates Sat afternoon then I will be headed to Callaway Gardens after that for the Masters Waterski Tournament. You may find more fans there that weekend not to mention that I tend to avoid BIG Holiday weekends on the Lake as the idiots are out in mass numbers on 3 day weeknds.

Definately time to plan a weekend gathering of some sorts. My vote is for the first or second weekend in June if we don't hook up before Memorial day.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2014 at 1:53pm
Then let's make it the 1st weekend in June
1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2014 at 1:50pm
GA Gang
June 14th? What do you think?
By then my Sport should be ready...
So far I did new stereo and wiring, GPS speedo, steering wheel, fresh air exhaust.
Now I'll tackle carpet and upholstery...(I'm kicking myself, should have done upholstery 1st and then stereo...)
So June works great.
BTW I'll need folks to pull me till she is ready again!
So any time you go out in GA, let me know
1994 Sport Nautique
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2014 at 8:40pm
Count me in for any Lanier gathering, though most likely as a day hitchhiker again, sooo much easier than PTC-Oconee-Lanier and back for the boat.

Tim: also avoid lakes on holidays...Masters again sounds good!

I just finished a project for Harris County and was around Lake Harding, anybody ever been out?   We took the Century down there in the peak of the droughts and got it in far enough to start it, but not enough to float it...what a tease.

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2014 at 9:44pm

We are game for pretty much any date since its my home lake.
Sebastian You are welcome to come out with me anytime give me a call and we will make plans. 678-227-8833
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2014 at 10:37pm
We are in! When ever.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2014 at 8:00pm
how about 6/14?
that day they also have the full moon party with band at sunset cove
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2014 at 9:38pm
Sebastin, Tim, Jeff and Mike. Going to Lake Burton for Memorial Day weekend.
I am in for June 14 though. Maybe this Sunday as well. Let's stay in touch. Ready for a get together!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 11:12am
June 14th still sounds good for me as well at this point. Having CCFan withdrawl symptoms here lately.

Might calling on you guys for this weekend as Christie Overton Johnston ministries... In His Wakes.. is doing a Date to Remember in Carrolton this Sunday. The Girls and I are volunteering for this and will be there on Sunday. The guy I received a email from said they had two boats already but needed shoreline help and boat support....told him I had some skibuds in the area so if you ain't busy..... You may get a call from me.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2014 at 5:46pm
June 14 sounds good to me. I need to meet Ga. people at one of these events. As usual, I look forward to seeing Tim and the Hunters.

Tim, will I see you Sat. or just Sunday at the masters? I am planning both days with the CorrectCraftFan.com on the rail of the boat ramp at the end of the beach on the pavilion side.

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2014 at 10:02pm
What accommodations are available? Is there a central point where everyone gathers? Girls are up for it. Maybe. 6-14
Js
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2014 at 10:59pm
Jerry, there are all kinds of hotels/motels in the Cumming, Ga area and the Buford, Ga area. The primo spot is Lake Lanier Islands and Resort. It has a hotel and rental cottages ( a bit on the pricey side though!). Let's talk more about this. Several of us live in close proximity to the lake and have extra bedrooms available.
We usually end up hanging out on the southern end of Lake Lanier. Near Lake Lanier Islands and Sunset Cove. The problem is....so does everyone else. Hard to find good water on the weekends except for early morning and late afternoon. We still have a great time together though!
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2014 at 12:05am
Not sure Greg/Buffalo's status these days...but his place is a great gathering spot far beyond the Laniermania...

Jim: Too soon to tell but perhaps this is the year we drag the SW over from Oconee. If not, perhaps I can reserve a seat or two on Miss Grace.. or Miss Scarlett...or....

P.S: Will be out on Oconee again Saturday if anyone's interested.

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2014 at 6:30pm
I'll be at the lake this Saturday
If any CCF's are there as well, give me a shout

f not, see y'all on the 14th
1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2014 at 1:11pm
Oh boy. the lake was nice and the cove not too crazy.
We stayed till 10ish and watched frozen by the wave pool (the joy of having young kids...).
We'll be back out today, so yell if you are close by.
The boat looks g8 with the new carpet/upholstery (not original, we mixed in some ideas) and the fresh air exhaust works like a charm. Quite yes, but better yet, no fumes anywhere...

C y'all on the 14th. let me know if I should reserve slips at sunset cove and how many?
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2014 at 11:58pm
The boat looks great. Sorry we missed you all last week.   Went to Lake Burton. Would have had more boat, ski time, and fun at Lanier!
Going to private message you in order to exchange cell numbers.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2014 at 2:50am
We met Mike twice last weekend and look forward to some more ccf time
Jim, I got your message and sent you a text.
I'll be out again this Sunday.

I also reserved 2 spots for the 14th in the cove (F dock 19 L and R/closest dock to the cable park, futhes from shore/can fit at least 3cc's in the combined spot).
that night is with life band and fireworks...
who is game?
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2014 at 10:26am
Sebastian, the 14th sounds good to me. Will plan on sharing the dock space with you. Should be a great time! I am ready for some CCFan fun.
210 SANTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 210 SANTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2014 at 12:16pm
We will be there!!
Reid.
2008 210 SANTE
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2014 at 1:53pm
Great!
I think now we got Jimsport93, Morfoot, Smithfamily,Nautiquehunter, Jackiewdeen, 74wind, 210SANTE, Bud and me.
Others?

BTW I'll be out again tomorrow around 11 ish. Tim give me a shout if you are close enough and need a pull.
Jim, I'll text ya once I hit the lake.
1994 Sport Nautique
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2014 at 3:07pm
As of now we are planning to be there.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
tjca77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjca77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2014 at 11:05pm
New to the site and would enjoy meeting up with you all. Any plans on when and where the get together will happen?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2014 at 9:09am
Welcome to the site TJ! Stay tuned. We will decide where to meet up soon.
There is a "Full Moon" party at Sunset Cove (south side of Lake Lanier Islands)on Saturday night. We may want to hang out on the south end of the lake, but it is busy during the day. Have to get there early to catch any good water.
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2014 at 9:01am
I will start the day at Shoal Creek at 7 am . Let me know where the group will be?
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2014 at 12:58pm
I had made my plans to see Lanier for the first time on the 14th, However, family obligations now dictate that I spend the weekend with my daughter. However, IAughtNaught has expressed his intent to try to make a daytrip to Lanier one of the last two weekend days this month.
We have an open invitation to anyone interested in coming to West Point Lake here in LaGrange during that same time frame. Maybe I can see some of you folks in the near future.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2014 at 9:29pm
I'll be in Pittsburgh all week and drive back to ATL on Friday.
Gota do some things at home and will be out on the lake around 1pm.
Where should we meet? Ski cove for some fun and then later sunset cove?
1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2014 at 4:27pm
OK gang, let's nail down some times and places for Saturday - Suggestions?
Looking forward to the mini
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2014 at 9:46am
We are planning on being there Saturday. Will do our best to meet Nautiquehunter at Shoal Creek AM Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2014 at 12:38pm
Jim, I'll call/text once I get out there.
Any idea where we meet on the water? Ski cove, Island besides the bridge?
1994 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic