NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Boat Moment

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Boat Moment
    Posted: April-25-2014 at 12:42am
I have had some good moments but, if i had to choose a best one it would be driving the mustang with the new engine for the first time. The power of the new 350 made me not wanna get of that throttle. If I can remember correctly we got it up to 57 or 58 m.p.h. I wanna here some of your best boating moments.
1972 Mustang
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2014 at 12:58am
Seeing my 2 year old son and 4 year old daughter on the training board! Then recently hearing them talking about how it's getting warmer and daddy is going to get the boat ready so we could skiiii
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2014 at 1:06am
I remember when I first tried skiing last summer. Kinda late but never really wanted to try it. But, the first time i tried it got up and wow was my dad happy!
1972 Mustang
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2014 at 10:34am
The first day on our '92SN and seeing the smile on wifey's face after she said what a great idea it was to ditch the skis and get a boat.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2014 at 12:30pm
Having my kid pull me skiing for the 1st time. Was a very cool feeling.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2014 at 5:16pm
Long day on the boat and after some sandwiches a Klondike bar
1994 Sport Nautique
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2014 at 7:48pm
My best moment on a boat took me probably 28 years. After 3 or 4 previous boats then I stumbled upon my first own CC nearly identical to the one I grew up on that dad still owns. Funny thing is, that configuration was the last CC I wanted because I was so familiar with it but the condition was phenomenal.   On it's maiden Florida voyage we took the two Ski Nautiques on a lengthy St Johns River trip and running WOT for miles, neck and neck beside dad was pretty neat.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2014 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Having my kid pull me skiing for the 1st time. Was a very cool feeling.

Thats pretty cool. I never got to pull my dad skiing because he was too beat up by the time I got old enough but he is putting the "finishing touches" on teaching my wife to pull me skiing which my wife and I both appreciate and I think is neat.
GMacLaren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMacLaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2014 at 8:40pm
Lots of favorites. Here's my grandson last summer -- the evening of his first day of water skiing. (Age 9.)
-=Grant MacLaren=-
Retired Expert
http://www.grantmaclaren.com/72skier
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2014 at 8:49pm
Nice Resorter.What year?
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2014 at 9:24pm
Ditto, a beauty. Nice to see another Correct Craft/Century owner!
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2014 at 10:04pm
Doing a flying barefoot start off the top of parents friends houseboat while parents and all their friends watched...made my Dad proud. Still love the houseboat roof flyer.
This is the life
GMacLaren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMacLaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2014 at 12:02am
The Century Resorter is a 1981, although not "restored." My intention was to make it appear older than the era it was made.
More here . . .
-=Grant MacLaren=-
Retired Expert
http://www.grantmaclaren.com/72skier
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2014 at 9:53am
Wow Grant incredible detail! When adding a bigger boat to the fleet we'd intended on a Resorter. But while the big Resorter windshield is great for the cold northern NY nights we had been used to, it's quite stifling on hot southern GA days, so opted for Southwind with it's hinged windshield...now rarely (if ever) kept closed.

Coincidentally, just a few years prior, the PO of my Southwind had a whole new interior and floor done by IndyCovers.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2014 at 9:19pm
They're all best moments. Every one of them. Especially with the family. can't put my finger on just one!

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2014 at 9:51pm
Mike,
That's very true. I love spending time with my dad in the boat. We were talking today and he said, "Justin, I just can not wait for you to be able to drive the boat on your own, so you can leave me be to my beer on the shore, but then I'm missing out on the fun.... Nevermind don't grow up"
1972 Mustang
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2014 at 9:53pm
Had a lot of Nautique times that are as good as it gets. No best one, all great.
I like at the end of the day anchored out in 10-15ft sitting on the toon and watching the Nautique just float in it's element as the day ends.

Never did like boat on trailer pictures.

- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2014 at 10:07pm
I'd have to say that my best moment is when my dad took me over to his friend house who wanted to sell a boat that came with his house purchase. It turned out to be the Dunphy X55 I had coveted since I was a teen. The deal went through and I drove it home. Wow, I now had one!! Yes, I know not a CC! But, I did have my Atom at that time even though it wouldn't float for very long!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
diggit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diggit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2014 at 10:08pm
No way I can pick just one! Too many good ones. But this is top of this list -- I bought a Ski Nautique two summers ago because I wanted in inboard to put a boom on to make it easier to teach my girls and their friends to ski. Every time I get a new skier up and doing this, it's the best thing ever!
'93 Ski Nautique Black/Teal
'77 Ski Nautique. Loved it. Let it Go.
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2014 at 4:46pm
Mine was when I arrived via helicopter to this boat full of hot chicks in bikinis.

* Sorry, normally I would yell at someone leaning on the glass...
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 3:41am
Mine may have been yesterday, when I, too, brought home a '64 Dunphy X55, this after 5 Nautiques. First inboard I ever skied behind as a kid, always wanted one.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 7:18am
Originally posted by MourningWood MourningWood wrote:

Mine may have been yesterday, when I, too, brought home a '64 Dunphy X55, this after 5 Nautiques. First inboard I ever skied behind as a kid, always wanted one.

Brian,
How about some pictures! Post them in a new thread in the off topic section since the X55 is not a CC. Hopefully it has a Velvet trans and not the Dearbomatic on the 312.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 10:16am
Been a lot of great times on the water.
The most memorable was the night my son proposed to his wife on our boat. Had just bought the boat. My son was getting ready to report to Quantico, Va for six months training in The Basic School for Officers, USMC. He came home as a surprise to his girlfriend. We took the boat out in the late afternoon. Stopped by a restaurant for dinner on the lake. After we finished our meal he asks if he could take the boat out with just him and Jesse at sunset. Proposed to her at sunset on Lake Lanier. She was so surprised....great evening!
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 10:48am
Jeff, I knew you were the man but that entrance was EPIC! Haha

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 11:17am
Any day that you can teach someone how to ski and enjoy the water.

Family time on the boat is TOUGH to beat!
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 11:44am

First Boat first Summer. Age 14, 14 footer with a 40hp Johnson. We pulled three skiers with that boat. Ages 15, 13, and 12. We used different length ropes and I actually had to clime out onto the bow to get it to plane out. Wow do my brothers, cousins, and I have some great memories with that boat.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 1:26pm
My dad purchased a 1977 Glastron SSV new and still owns the boat. He over-powered it and put the biggest engine you could buy at the time on it, a Mercury Black Max 175HP outboard engine. We had a 17" pitch prop for skiing and a 21" pitch one for cruising. We did EVERYTHING with that boat and it was very fast. The speedometer went a little above 50 and I pegged it multiple times. It would chine-walk, which was sort of freaky.

Anyhow, we were taking our boat camping up in the San Juan islands (north of Seattle next to Canada) in the mid-80's and after putting in we were cruising along in this bay and a new I/O with some teens (about my age at the time) cruised up next to us and clearly wanted to race. My dad scoffed and kept cruising along at 30 or so while they pestered us. My brothers, sister and I started pleading with my dad to beat them. I will never forget him getting a little bit of a grin and saying, "Sit down and hang on." Then he punched it. That boat had so much power that it would snap your head back when you did that. Needless to say, we left that other boat in the dust quickly while us kids cheered and waved good-bye to the I/O while the teens in that boat stared in wonder at the "old boat" pulling away from them with ease.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 1:57pm
Like every one else has said, There have been many. My favorite has to be the day I took a few friends out in the boat including the girl I was interested in at the time.   While out on the water she told me she was ready to be "more than just friends". A year and a half later we were married. We have been married for 7 years and just had our second little skier a month ago. He just went on his first boat ride two weeks ago.

2006 SV 211 (sold) went to the dark side
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
05 Four Winns H180 (sold)
89 Four Winns 180 Freedom (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 4:19pm
With close to 5 decades of this, there can be no one moment, but there are certainly some highlights through the years.

60s

A brand new Mustang followed by dad home.

Too cool, looked just like the one in the brochure

70s
My buddy TJ and I teaching ourselves to barefoot. Sadly, he is gone now.

80s
Houston....hitting the river at least once or twice a week. Some very regular ski buddies.

mid 90s to mid 2000s.
Focus no longer on getting out and tearing it up with buddies. Now it was family time.

2005 to present
Never really found regular ski buddies again, which I miss. So its quick runs with whoever is around. There are still good times with family though...

Father son father's day ski

Or the kids, now grown, taking a run together

But of course, there is the time with you knuckleheads
Whether its some good natured ribbing

A renewed interest in footing that led to my finally learning to go bacerds, with the help of Tim and Brad (admittedly, a career highlight)

Or a Berry Brothers/Hineline barefoot run (cumulative age = 190!!)

And hopefully many more to come.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

70s
My buddy TJ and I teaching ourselves to barefoot. Sadly, he is gone now.

Banana Hammock? Check.
No jacket? Check.
Goggles? Strangely absent...

Larry you were and continue to be the man.

Nothing's better than being able to share all this with my dad. SJRR this year.

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic