NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Calling GA Members

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
Author
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 7:32pm
We will be with boat. We will need to find a picnic area ourselves.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
jbb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 10:03pm
Saw the location after I posted. Thanks. Was already planning to meet a friend tomorrow at Shaeffer Heard so I will be sure to drop by. Look forward to seeing Cphase and the rest of you. Grew up camping and skiing with his family some.

Boat is a 83 nautique. Tan in color. Enjoy wakeboarding and footing with the occasional skate session thrown in as well. Not great at any of them but not too many places I enjoy more than being on the water. I would love the chance to foot off a boom and even shortline off the boom. Haven't had one in a couple of years now so I haven't done much footing. Looking forward to tomorrow.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 11:20pm
we kinda purposefully left the boom at home tonight for our evening set but we're definitely bringing it tomorrow, will be more than happy to drag you around on it. my number is 440-FIVE FIVE TWO-3465 if you don't see us at long cane, but its not a big enough park to hide the white and red 75. We'll probably aim for early, early-thirty, definitely gonna be fun.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 11:22pm
don't know how well you know the lake, come out of shaffer heard, turn right, its less than two miles to long cane
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2014 at 1:42pm
launching the boat now...ya'll come on with it
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2014 at 2:22pm
Don't forget the pictures and videos
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2014 at 8:00pm
good news, when I post the videos, you'll get to see exactly what it takes ro bend a boom...and what it looks like afterwards
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2014 at 1:17am
I bent mine years ago and did some straightening this evening. Insert into the Reese end of the trailer hitch and either pull up or push down. Got about ~90% of the bend out.

Let's see those pics/vids
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
jbb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2014 at 1:51am
Good to meet the Deen family today. Thinking of changing my screen name to "boom buster"
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2014 at 1:52am
Ben the Boom Bender ;)
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2014 at 10:32am
Originally posted by jbb jbb wrote:

Good to meet the Deen family today. Thinking of changing my screen name to "boom buster"

Those Deen men LOVE a challenge! Lets see the pictures.
Js
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2014 at 11:09am
Can imagine a new "Hey Ya'll Watch This" video when it comes time to re bend that boom.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2014 at 7:02pm
may have more time to post videos tonight than I did yesterday, I finally found a boat I couldn't break, and not only couldn't I break her, she broke me. No more skiing for this guy today...
miss scarlett- 1
adam- 0
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2014 at 9:50pm
Great day, thanks Tim & The Deens!

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2014 at 3:09am
Well, IAughtNaut, welcome to GA and maybe we'll hook up on Lanier this next weekend.
BTW boom bender, pics or it didn't happen...
1994 Sport Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2014 at 11:18am
By my count, that's two booms this week, this one and Eddie's. Those things are pretty tough. What are you guys doing to them?

Adam, what happened to you?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2014 at 12:47pm
long line deep behind miss scarlett, legs went different directions...groin is shredded. working on videos
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2014 at 12:48pm
guess if anyone is looking to get rid of a boom we are in need, straight or contour, otherwise I'm going ebay-ing
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2014 at 1:19pm
We had a blast, want to THANK the Deen’s for the pulls, patience, instruction, video’s and camaraderie. My family and I enjoyed the day. Also like to thank TimBob (morfoot) for the pulls and camaraderie. I had forgotten just how much fun it was footin with friends now I can’t wait for the next set!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2014 at 1:39pm
Yep, enjoyed it guys. Always a great time when hanging with fellow CCFans. Had to give Adam grief about his track record with breaking other members boats but he wasn't gonna get the best of a Southern Bell. Mama Deen was on the scene and I'm sure she'll have Adam back in shape in time for this weekend on Lanier with the rest of the GA crew.

Got a couple of good shots of Jackie in the 75 aka "Godfather" style and Adam on a slalom before he was done and done. Will get em up later.
HUGE thanks to the Deens for putting me up for the night, and feeding me. Mama Deen cooks a mean breakfast and Pork BBQ.... She's an awesome Hostess!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2014 at 4:52pm
As co-host I am want to thank the Jeff, Jeff and family(cute family), and Ben for their efforts to come see our hole of water.
Too bad that we had a few wind ripples on such a gorgeous two days. Next time maybe 74wind can get a pull. As for "boom buster Ben", compost happens. By the way, nice rig you have.We will hopefully be ready for the next visit.
As for Morfoot and the Southern Belle, it was our pleasure. I got to ski behind her as well as drive her. Always a good time to be had. Some of his still pics and Adams videos will show what a good time we had.

jbb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2014 at 10:13pm
Thanks for the compliment on the rig. You will likely see us often. We liked that creek and figured out we can get there just as quick as our normal spot because it is mostly interstate.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2014 at 11:45am
Since IAughtNaught is hanging round this week and he and the folks are headed up to Lanier this weekend whose in for another meeting of the Lanier Crew? I can bring the smoker and have some smoked chicken for a later lunch on Sat but need to know whose coming besides the following?

Morfoot
NautiqueHunter
Jackiewdeen
IAughtNaut
Toertel
Jimsport93

Y'all pipe up!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
cboland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cboland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2014 at 12:08pm
Better add cboland to that list!
Bud

1999 Sport Nautique
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2014 at 3:11pm
Man if only some one had the foresight to video the runs, that would have been great!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2014 at 3:18pm
When and where? What is the plan?
1994 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2014 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by cphase cphase wrote:

Man if only some one had the foresight to video the runs, that would have been great!
I'll get them up tonight after work, I had no desire to do anything except medicate on Sunday.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2014 at 4:20pm
Just messing with ya Adam, hope you are feeling better!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2014 at 3:35am
Well, I guess it happened, here's the pics.

Great couple days with some CCFan homies.

And some videos

Started the weekend determined to do some long line deeps with a low pull behind the 75. Look at how bad that position is...completely reverted to laying flat on my back...no chance. Oh yeah, also working on learning to cheek. This was my first attempt. We were a little slow, see if you can guess where I gave up and asked for help. I made it out on my own each time after this one.

Dad loves his new tricks

Friday wasn't a loss, hit my fist step off in close to 10 years

Footing on Saturday-
Ben (jbb) warming up the boom

Tumble turns into a pretty violent unplanned front flip...but I never actually tumbled up on the short line before, so call it a win.

Dad working on his deep waters on the five foot line. He's struggling to get his back up high enough, skied this one away anyway.

Jeff (cphase) getting back into footing

We had that boom for over 20 years, it didn't owe us a cent

Jeff again, watch the little head nod to his family at the end, haha

Morfoot using the last of the flat water at the end of the day

Back on the long line, getting thrashed around, and then apparently I wanted to see how far outside the wake I could get. Plant was ok, just couldn't ski it out.

Again, way outside the wake, found some rollers, donezo

Sunday, decent water, bounced off the top of the wake

And this is the one that did me in...if you slow it down you can see one of my legs go way over my head...its getting better. On for this weekend for sure.

Some of you may know my dad got a new prop recently, he kinda likes it

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2014 at 3:49am
oh yeah...jeff and ben, if you want to see your other runs click on (or search) my youtube user name, its the same as my screen name here, then sort the videos newest to oldest
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
  Share Topic