NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Calling GA Members

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2014 at 9:14am
Sure looks like a good time, great weather and some quality fellowship.

Adam, it is such a great thing that you and your dad can get out and enjoy events like this together. It was what it life is to be about.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2014 at 2:20pm
Just gonna post this here but looks like I will be bringing the smoker up to smoke some chicken for Sat afternoon. So wwe'll need to be somewhere's close to Burton Mill launch shortly after noon. Mama Deen said she was gonna bring sumthin'to go with it so don't pack a huge lunch. Mike may bust out the ToonTique so we'll have a floating barge to eat off of. I'll be up early on Sat to get the chicken on so I imagine the Hunters and I will be skiing shortly after that so any of y'all wanna pull then you best get there early before the weekend warriors show up I suggest you do so.

Looking forward to another Lanier Crew Gathering!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2014 at 7:07pm
Injury update from the weekend: IAughtNaut thinks he is good to go Sat. morning on Lanier. The boom obviously was not getting a chance to rest between runs, got pissed off and bent out of shape. However, after a visit to qualified technicians (not the Deen boys) it has had it's problems straightened out and ready to be put back into play without any structural damage. So, Ben the "boom buster" lost his nickname.   
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2014 at 8:04pm
The vote is in, Oconee it is for Saturday. Good to see some of you last week, maybe we'll try the next Lanier go-round.

But....hearing about Morfoot's Chicken...may have to rethink it now...
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2014 at 8:10pm
lets talk about the real success story of the weekend...the old man got a new profile pic!

did you reinforce that boom at all? cause watching the other videos I had from earlier in the day it didn't look particularly stout at any point
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2014 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

lets talk about the real success story of the weekend...the old man got a new profile pic

Thanks for pointing that out!! WOW! I guess that's the result of that Prop that I helped watch put on?? It was hot that day. Glad the boom was saved.
Js
jbb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2014 at 9:20pm
Good news for sure. Glad it was able to survive!
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2014 at 9:39pm
That profile picture is great. Love to see these boats up and running!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2014 at 7:32pm
Great time on the water yesterday, even if it wasn't great water. It was great to see/meet everyone. Big thank you to Mike and Gail for housing us, and Tim for feeding everyone. We certainly weren't roughing it at any point. I think we can safely call this at least an unofficial mini mini with 6 CCS.

Couple pics, awesome weather...

And a few videos-

My dad took a long line stepoff run that we didn't have on video but then Gail decided to hop out and give it a go. I swear if there's a moment she's not smiling I haven't been a part of it

Then we met some strangers, in about the strangest way possible. I was getting ready to foot and Gail saw a boat coming, so she flagged them down and said they weren't allowed to use our water until we were done. And the dude was ok with it. So we threw him out on the boom. I missed his first run, which was the best, they said they would try to find our little corner of the internet, so maybe we'll hear more from them.

I made a little more progress...great dismount against the wake

Wasn't nobody out there but me and the rents this morning, but we did get another set it before coming home for dinner with grandma.

I decided (rightly or not) that I was getting knocked sideways when I rocked back into the wake, so I gave it a shot inside. Worked ok except that I stood up a little slow and dad didn't want to jump me straight up to full throttle...I am inside that spray somewhere.

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2014 at 8:26pm
Looks like a great time sept for the rain.
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2014 at 9:31pm
Adam,
When deeping up as the rope comes tight and you are about to break the waters surface if you roll onto your hip you should automatically cheek outside of the wake. You may want to give it a try.

Looking like a good time despite the rain. How about some Tim pics or was he to busy cooking?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2014 at 9:38pm
It was a great day. Rain blew in for about fifteen minutes. My Sport broke loose and had to re spot her before she banged into Jackie's 75 SN. Another fun day on Lanier.
Sure glad the Deans made the trip!
Yes, Tim's smoked chicken was fabulous.... as usual.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2014 at 9:53pm
I didn't see tim spend a whole lot of time with his camera in his hands, although I just may not have been paying attention.

Greg, I can't even make those words make sense to me...you're saying to turn on my side while I'm basically under water? I don't know quite how I feel about that. I came away from this weekend feeling very good about a few things....I came up cleanly on my butt every time, and with very few exceptions was able to cheek outside at will. Last weekend my plant position was terrible, this weekend it got better and better. I was getting on my feet, I just never made any long runs because I would either be buried by spray or get knocked down by that big unfriendly 75 wake. If you slow the falls down you'll see I spin at the end of most of them. We're starting to wonder if maybe I needed a little more speed to clear that spray, I know I need more practice to handle that wake. Its all reps with me, I got a lot of reps in this weekend and made slow progress (which is all I ever do) so I'm calling it a win. And I got used to that low pull, so I know when I get behind my own boat that will be all the better.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2014 at 9:54pm
+1 on the smoked chicken, out of this world. and April's grilled corn on the cobb was mighty tasty too.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2014 at 1:46am
Thought your plants looked good. You do not need to roll all the way onto your side but you want to be on your hip as your coming out of the water.
Certainly not doing yourself any favors with the 75' line. Could not tell from the videos if the spray was speed or form related.
There is no substitute for pull after pull.   
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2014 at 2:50am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Certainly not doing yourself any favors with the 75' line. Could not tell from the videos if the spray was speed or form related.
No kidding, the only way you know I'm still back there is because the rope stays tight into the middle of the spray   

I should clarify, line was 95', the 75 I was referencing was my dad's 75SN...I would stand up outside the wake, then get pulled back into the side of it and get all caddywhompus. When I stood up inside the wake I was fine, except that I planted at about 33 or 34 and didn't get up past 37 before I started to drown. He was accelerating slower than I realized, but I was tired so I said the hell with it and stood up.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2014 at 3:14am
While only a short visit, we had fun as always.
The plan was to follow ya'll to sunset, but our guest, while wakeboarding tore something in his ankle (Xray says no fracture, more tests this Monday...), so motored back to the ramp.

We'll be out again July 4th till 6th (staying at the lake) and definitely watch the fireworks at the cove!

Anther CCF GA mini? (we seem to be on a roll here!)
1994 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2014 at 3:56pm
As always with any gathering of CCFans big or small I had a great last 2 weekends. Despite the rain on all 3 days I was with the Hunters we managed to have a great time. There was a bike rally on Lake Lanier Islands so Mike, Gail, April and I went over to that to check it out then out for a ride to pick up a watermelon at a family farm market 30 miles up the road. Got back to the house after dinner to beat the Deen boys by 5 mins. Up till almost midnight catching up then on the water by 730 before the weekend idiots showed up. I got there a little late as I was getting the chicken on the smoker to feed the gang but did get there in time to see Gail flag down some Sea Ray who was approaching the glassy water that Adam mentioned earlier asking them to wait which they did surprisingly. For doing so, I asked the guy if he wanted a pull behind mine which he jumped at the chance. The grin on his face was awesome and he couldn't thank me enough for doing so. He was thrilled to get a pull behind a ski boat as he had never been behind a ski boat. I told him it was the least we could do for stopping and having a little boat etiquette on glassy water. Told me his name was Mike and since we already had one there I started calling him Sea Ray Mike and it stuck!

We all got some good runs in before the water turned to crap and hung out by a beach. April, Gail and I went to retrieve lunch off the grill and just barely got finished when the rains came.... Good food...Great Friends and Sea Ray Mike joined us as well. I have a feeling he'll be looking at and trading the SR for a Ski Nautique SOON after spending the day with us.

Not too many pics as I was grilling out etc. but here are the few I did snap. BIG thanks to those who brought food to share with the crew and pitching in where needed. Never enough time as always but any time spent with CCFans is always great.

West Point Lake 2 weeks ago.....

Borrowed my dad's truck to haul the toys to Mike's place.

April and I headed out for a ride!

Gail and her Sportster.

Mike and his Softtail..

My date for the weekend April who loves the water, loves boating, but can't swim. She did however wanna try to ski as she only tried one other time in her life. She got up the 4th try on the boom.

IAughtNot... even though you're in Cleveland...consider yourself a member of the Lanier crew and you're always welcome to come join us anytime you're in town. Jackie...I know Lagrange is a haul for you and Mama Deen but you guys are members as well.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2014 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

My date for the weekend April who loves the water, loves boating, but can't swim. She did however wanna try to ski as she only tried one other time in her life. She got up the 4th try on the boom.

Where and when was that? I don't remember you having the boom on Saturday, or seeing water like that? Sunday?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2014 at 4:38pm
Yes Adam it was on Sunday and in the same cove as we were in on Sat. It didn't last long though!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2014 at 5:45pm
the skiing, or the water conditions? Or April being in the water?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2014 at 7:27pm
All the above!

The water turned to shazz shortly after I got my slalom run in but we did find a SWEET spot to congregate raft up that is off the cove we were at that is perfect. The water is too shallow for the big boats to fly thru and the island blocks everything from the main channel. 3 ft deep, sandy bottom and a small beach to serve from. So whenever you're back in town we can do it all over again.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2014 at 11:41am
I just watched all the videos, looked like a ton of fun. Mom did a good job with the camera.

Adam, I like the frantic waving back and forth. That is a new move to me. The front tumble to shoulder was pretty sweet too. Never let go! (I start physical therapy on my shoulders this week). You get the award for longest plant on a step off ever. Arms down and plant foot more under than to the side and you won't have to rock so far, come down so hard, and spray your face. Rep after rep, you took a ton of runs, they did and will pay off. Obviously you overdid it a bit there and strained the groin. I can't cheek.

Jackie's shortline deep water, now I know where the brand "SprayMaster" came from. OMG! That's totally old school form (but it obviously works).

Jackie's tricks. Awesome, just awesome. Pretty ballsy going for a line step without a release. Line steps are on my radar this year.

Ben the boom buster: You're a big boy. Get your toes over the rope, not ankles. Straight, flat body like a board. That butt plow probably would have developed into a taco if longline.

TimBob's (I love this) "freestyle" slalom run. Were you trying to kiss the tip of your ski? Awesome job with April. If you can get someone relaxed enough to learn to ski who can't swim, that's good coaching.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Adam, I like the frantic waving back and forth. That is a new move to me.
I was waiting for someone to catch that wave. Here's the explanation. I never tried to cheek on my own, so I told dad to pull me up to about 30, let me try it, if I couldn't figure it out, sling me out. That was me giving up and signaling him to zig zag. I got progressively better as the weekend went on.

The front tumble to shoulder was pretty sweet too. Never let go!
I wish I had done that on purpose. I forgot it happened until I looked at the video. It also looked like with a little more speed I could have dolphin started the way I was bouncing.

You get the award for longest plant on a step off ever. Arms down and plant foot more under than to the side and you won't have to rock so far, come down so hard, and spray your face.
That was my first step in a long time so I was just trying to get comfortable.

Jackie's shortline deep water, now I know where the brand "SprayMaster" came from. OMG! That's totally old school form (but it obviously works).
We're getting closer on his deeps. Dad's problem is he learned to deep water in daisy duke's so his instinct is to put his feet in the water as soon as the boat starts. Butt gliding is completely new. He's getting it though.

Jackie's tricks. Awesome, just awesome. Pretty ballsy going for a line step without a release. Line steps are on my radar this year.
He made several of those line steps, we just didn't have the camera on for all of it.

Ben the boom buster: You're a big boy. Get your toes over the rope, not ankles. Straight, flat body like a board. That butt plow probably would have developed into a taco if longline.
That was my fault. I gave him 85 instructions and left out, arch your back, straight as a board. And then when the boat started and he started to drag, my reaction was, needs more throttle. That was not correct. The end result speaks for itself. Good think Morfoot hadn't left his house yet, he was able to bring his boom down.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2014 at 3:29pm
"Ben the Boom Bender's" brother from down under.

Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2014 at 12:52pm
We will be back out this weekend.
Anyone else?
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2014 at 1:22pm
We will be out this weekend as well.
Did you buy that cruiser?
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2014 at 1:25pm
Jim, great.
No we didn't (yet) since I don't want to part with the sport
So no mini van unless we can agree on being a 2 boat family
1994 Sport Nautique
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2014 at 6:50pm
we will be out where do you want to meet?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2014 at 11:44pm
Back side of Shoal Creek? The Lanier Harbor side.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
  Share Topic