NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft Family

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft Family
    Posted: April-17-2006 at 8:51pm
Over the weekend I had the chance to stop by a CC dealer about an hour south of me. I had never been there before, but they were having there annual in water open house. I was wearing my "Owners Reunion" hat that I got at Cedar Point last year, and just browsing the showroom when I was approached by who I thought was a salesman, offering me the chance to drive a new SV211. I told him I wasn't going to buy anything and I didn't want to waste his time, because I'm happy with my current Nautique. Throughout the lengthy conversation, I told him I knew nothing about the V drives and wasn't all that interested in one. I'm pretty traditional. Anyway, he insisted on me driving one, so out we went.

The boat I ended up driving was a demo from last year, an 05 SV211 Team, with the 330 hp Excalibur. First, let me say, that I was pretty impressed with the hole shot and the handling.   Not as great as on my 97 SNOB with the GT 40, but pretty impressive for that sized boat.

As we were headed back to the marina, I came to find out that the "salesman" I was with was actually Greg Maloon. He was the nicest guy you could have ever asked for. It really says something about his family and the company that he would take the time to let me take a boat out one on one with him that he knew I had no intention of buying. I'm sure he had better things to do. It's that type of thing that reminds me why my family has always been a Nautique family, and why we will continue to be. And, dare I say, why I would at least CONSIDER a v-drive next time. Maybe.

By the way, he did confirm that there will be a new 220, and "hopefully a 196 as well" at Green Lake.

Sorry for the long post, just thought some of you would appreciate the story.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 9:17pm
Rob,

Greg's the guy making the Green Lake Demo boats happen, he was onboard with us as soon as we mentioned the reunion. It wouldn't be half the event without their help. Everyone at Midwest Cc has been great to work with.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic