NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holley Carburetor Try / Buy

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holley Carburetor Try / Buy
    Posted: April-18-2006 at 10:42am
I have a Holley carburetor, 600 cfm for a 351 engine that I used once. I bought it from Overton's in mid to late 2004. I paid $529.99 for it. The carburetor was used for about 1.5 hours. I had another engine put in my boat with another new carburetor. Now I have an extra carburetor as a spare. I'd be willing to let somebody try it for free for 10-15 days to make sure it's OK. I got most of the gas out of it, but there was some left inside. I may need to be run with some carb. cleaner and fresh gas. If you like it, we'll work out a deal. I was thinking $150.00. If not, I take it back. I'll stand behind this sale 100% because I don't know if the little bit of gas inside went bad. I'd only like to do this locally, Mass, NH, CT, RI because I don't want to deal with mailing a flamable item. I'd drive about 20 miles outside of my hometown to pass it off to one of you. I think it's a fair deal because you have the opportunity to try it before you buy it. I'd only do this on CCfan.com because I trust all of you. I wouldn't do this anywhere else. I'm not in a rush to sell it either, but it's a shame it's just sitting there when one of you can benefit from it. First come, first serve. The first serious reply from one of you willing to meet me within a 20 mile radius of Upton, MA, it's yours. Again, I'm sorry I don't want to get into shipping it.

I also have the original '86, 351 carburetor. It needs rebuilding but I'd part with it for $25.00. One of the float covers was removed to inspect inside. Again, local only.

Thanks,

Ken
skyhawkflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2006 at 3:02pm
Whats the list number on that 86 carb? (located on front of airhorn)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2006 at 3:07pm
I'll check and let you know.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2006 at 3:11pm
email me at skyhawkflyer1@yahoo.com
Thanks, TJ
Hydrofoilmaniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hydrofoilmaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2006 at 9:51pm
Did you sell it
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2006 at 9:11am
I haven't sold either one yet.
SkiLew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiLew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 6:52am
I am interested in your old carburetor. The base plate on mine is cracked. Do you still have both carbs?
Lew
skilew77@yahoo.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 7:50am
You haven't emailed me yet, still waiting...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 7:59am
I apologize, I didn't keep up with my own posting. No, I haven't sold either carburetor yet. Skyhawkflyer, I get you the information you requested this weekend. Both carburetors are resting comfortably at my folks house. I'll take pics and get all the numbers of them.

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 10:38am
Cool.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic