NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dirty and clean spark plugs?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
88skisupreme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88skisupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dirty and clean spark plugs?
    Posted: April-18-2006 at 10:50am
I just changed my plugs and on each side of the engine the front two looked good. Just a little discoloration nice and clean, the back two were darker. Is this common? does it indicate anything?
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2006 at 12:32pm
When the engine is shutting off, sometimes fuel gets in the last cylinder or two that the fuel valves open up, but there's no spark for ignition. Were they wet with gas? Were the gaps fouled? I wouldn't worry about it. Also check the contact points inside the distributer cap to make sure the contacts aren't burnt or greenish. Maybe those cylinders aren't getting a healthy spark. You should worry if you're blowing smoke or raw fuel out the exhaust. This would indicate that the piston rings are worn or your cylinders are scorched.
88skisupreme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88skisupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2006 at 11:41am
cool, I'll check the distributer. there werent any other problems just that the back plugs were darker.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic