Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Womp Womp Womp

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skitique179 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitique179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Womp Womp Womp
    Posted: June-21-2014 at 11:02pm
Well I am leaving for a week long houseboat trip at Lake Powell tomorrow morning and it looks like the boat isn't coming with me. Fired it up in the driveway this morning and heard a pretty noticeable knock coming from the starboard valve cover that I did not hear when out for memorial day. Haven't pulled it apart yet but I don't think its going to be good. Checked the oil to see if it was overfull because of water in the oil and it looked possibly a little over full but not majorly. Also drained a few ounces of oil out and it doesn't look milky to me...What are your thoughts? Is it likely a bent rod or what and if so what could cause it?

Sucks but I am going to try not to let it ruin my trip.Luckily we are meeting friends out there with several boats so I will be a passenger this trip.

Can't stop thinking about the potential cost/ lack of boat during summer :(
mamigacz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamigacz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2014 at 11:14am
How long did you run it in the driveway? Did you change the oil prior to this happening? Its possible a lifter didn't get a chance to fill up with oil.

Other possibilities could be:

-loose rocker arm
-broken rocker arm
-collapsed lifter
-bent pushrod (not likely)

If it knocks after warm up. I would pull the valve cover off and inspect for a broken rocker arm. After that, check the valve lash. If you don't know how to check valve lash let me know and I can get you a procedure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic