NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flooring Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flooring Question
    Posted: April-18-2006 at 10:07pm
I currently have a drop in floor section between the dog house back to the transom between the main stringers. The floor is held up between the stringers by 1x2's attached to the stringers. I have removed the 1x2's but before I reattach I want to inject resin into the screw holes in the stringers. Should I use polyester or epoxy, some other product? Once I get the 1x2's back on I'm planning on fiberglassing them in.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2006 at 11:24pm
I am going to use the same resin i use for glassing my floor.
Bob Ed
83 2001
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2006 at 10:17am
I think that I'd use epoxy resin. Epoxy resin is the stronger of the two.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2006 at 12:47pm
Yes, use epoxy. Not only is it stronger, but it is a superior adhesive and will bond much better than polyester resin.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2006 at 3:07pm
Thanks for all the help guys--as usual it's great!
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic