NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Norman Bash

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 789
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2014 at 2:25pm
Our 2,318 mile journey came to a close Monday around 3PM.

Reid and Laurie, we cannot thank you guys enough for the hospitality and experience. All I can say is this was a dream vacation for any Correct Craft enthusiast. Thank you for welcoming myself, PicturePat, and the rest of the crew, to your home (and the BBC). Gary, if you're out there reading, we couldn't have made this happen with our your help and knowledge. What took us an hour would have been a month in our shop and a few days would have been more like a year. You're a magician and a wealth of knowledge! Again, thank you!!!

Our trip to the Lake Norman Bash started last Monday. We stopped to see Zach, tour the N3 facilities and ski the river. (pictures on a previous page)

We arrived at the BBC (boys boat club) on Tuesday afternoon. By the end of the evening we had the 318 out, torn down and most the parts cleaned for paint.

Wednesday was a busy day painting parts, building the 340 and preparing the boat for a weekend of fun on the lake. Along with the 340 build we installed a new strut bearing, shaft, bilge blower, bilge pump and many other little items.

By the end of the day Wednesday we completed the 340 and had everything back in the boat. With a shorter shaft, we had to drop the engine/trans down and towards the transom around 1" which isn't hurting performance or clearance by any means.

Thursday morning we finished wiring and had everything ready just in time for Tim (Moorfoot), Mike (NautiqueHunter) and Joe (JoeinNY) to break in the cam.

Running on the hose

After their arrival, cam break-in and wrapping up loose ends it was time for some watersports and a little break before the weekend. When you show up to a setting like this it's pretty easy to just go skiing and forego any more work for the day.

Friday we finished all our chores around the house and prepped the boat for a lake test. Some other guy showed up with a relatively fast boat as well.

Joe guided me through the initial water test which wen't well for about 10 minutes before the carb started dumping fuel and stalled after our first WOT run.

At least it looks good!

Help was just around the corner and we tied the boat up to the dock of shame. Luckily, we had a rebuild within a few hours.

Video of Trbenj towing us back to the dock. Looks like we're well underway...but then look at the bow!

We still had some work to do on the promo but at that point we were able to start enjoying the weekend. This is when my photo documentation of the weekend starts to suffer as we were having too much fun to be messing with our phones. I'll let the professionals (Tim Morfoot and PicturePat) fill in the blanks.

Tons of cool boats showed up including a Correct Craft Grand Prix, which I'd never heard of before. I don't have any pictures of the vessel but here's a few more pictures of some of the boats in attendance. Megan showed up with her Excel which I had never physically seen in person before. Thanks for letting us take it for a spin! I didn't get any pictures of Scott and Gene's rig, but it looks and sounds fantastic! Scott, you're a crazy man...can't wait to ski with you next summer!

Alan, Dana and the Hurricane were a huge hit as always. Thanks again for the ride and the words of wisdom and encouragement, Alan!

Hurricane Selfie with a few CCFans!

Last but not least, here's a teaser shot of what we called "Dos Promos" with TRBenj at the helm of JMurph's 72 promo with JoeinNY riding in style. Sara, Maddie and Quinner joined me in the other for some really cool shots of the two boats running together. PicturePat and Morfoot will post the real shots, but this was a really cool chance to have two rare boats running together.

Our trip home was very uneventful and relatively quick. Thanks again to everyone who helped make this trip a success. It was great to see everyone again and meet new CCFans. Looking forward to the next time everyone can get together.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2014 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Originally posted by ncdoubleup ncdoubleup wrote:

That's so hawt.....
Nothing "shy" about Moorfoot haha.

Oh Good Lord, what is that ????

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2014 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Glad your boat was available to all but whoever made the deal for the attempted trailer upgrade should come forward...

Sounds like an entertaining story.

We may have placed jmurphs boat on nch20skiers trailer at some point no one noticed until Greg wanted to leave and had no trailer. In Reids defense all 206 trailers look the same when they are in a dark muddy field.
you forgot blurry
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2014 at 5:34pm
Chris means that he had that carb rebuilt within a couple hours and that included waiting for parts - not bad for a guy who had never had one apart before.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2014 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Oh Good Lord, what is that ????

Moj'

Mojo We would call that "get up" summer PJ's downunder

No wonder all the Kim's run

Jo just viewed the pic and mentioned that most of the old men at the nursing home she nurses wear very similar pajamas
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
racingnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2014 at 9:53pm
That is what I call a guy not afraid to bring out all the classics.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2014 at 1:47pm
OOPS! Forgot to upload this quick video

Just a few pics-- Adam Deen was trick skiing behind the Skylark- And of course -- Everybody has to drive the Skylark

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 11:28pm
Hello Marty,

I have been trying to get a hold of you. My daughter put a post in about a need for 1997 dash plaque. I sent you a PM awhile ago to see if you could help. Her post I in general discussion. If possible, let us know if this is something that you can do?

Thanks-Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 789
  Share Topic