NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT Mini 2014, August 22-24

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 12>
Author
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2014 at 9:18am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Thought the same John! "Calendar" written all over it. GREAT pictures Morfoot! I did not understand an earlier comment of how Tim B "hospitality ended at the end of the ski rope", your pictures explained it!! Funny. Water ski wrestlemania! The pyramid was awesome!

Calender shot!

Bought a new boat in '93..every time I see this one I cannot believe that I did not buy this model..if I had..I'd still be skiing it!

john
Js
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2014 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Calender shot!

Bought a new boat in '93..every time I see this one I cannot believe that I did not buy this model..if I had..I'd still be skiing it!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2014 at 12:02am
Great pics Tim! Thanks for taking the time to capture all of those moments.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 9:32pm
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/new_reply_form.asp?Quote=1&PID=443944&PN=10&TR=278

HAHAHA!

I looked over saw TRBenj grinnin' from ear and a green ski coming my way and I knew I was done! I was laughing the whole way! What fun!
Old school goin back to school!
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 4:32pm
In a couple of years, there isn't gonna be room in that yard for all of tent city.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 3:06pm

WOW great photo's ....
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:36pm
YES.......EVEN MORE!

Okay this is a couples ski.....Couples ski ONLY!

Alan on his final fly by before he headed for the dock and ended up a little short.

Okay the following series are a little blurry as it was dark out and the shutter allowed more light in to take the picture. If the couples Ski wasn't proof enough then this one will be. TRBenj plays 'dirty' when your on trick skis....If he ain't trying to untie your bikini bottom he will knock you down with a trick ski.

Got up Monday Morning to this.....we shoulda stayed another day!

So here is the Group shot just to give y'all an idea of how many CCFans invaded the Benjamin Bayou... This was even after a few left.... Great time Y'all. A year is too far off!

Ohhh and ya gotta have a view of Tent City from atop of the Nautique Mobile.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:19pm
More Pics!

Family Ski!!!

Okay....even though Brad said there was no Bouy of Shame...there actually was but it was intentional!

So here is Mary, HW and UT doing the pyamid thing. Took a while but they nailed it without falling. No too shabby for only doing it a 2nd time with last year being the first.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:08pm
Great pics Tim!

Thanks again guys. I'm sure glad I brought it, I was on the fence because I knew there'd be a lot of boats. I was happy that it got some use, even with so many options for pull, and some views as well.

Here's the thread from when I first got it. At one point, it was totally "naked". I had the option of having it delivered that way, but I went with the graphics and I'm happy with the way it turned out:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12181&PN=1&title=1993-standard-ski-nautique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:00pm
I didn't have to chop the throttle a lot. Like from 52 to 35-40 and it turned right. Our Barracuda doesn't change direction like that, you can just feel the stern go either way on acceleration or deceleration. I've never noticed it in any other boats but those 2, but I haven't driven a lot of boats. It's a really nice boat. I was trying to trade our Mustang for it when I was going out, and couldn't find him when I came back to up the trade to a nice Malibu.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:51am
Bruce, I think I know what you're describing on the python but I do not believe it is prop walk. A very quick deceleration (chopping the throttle) from a high speed will cause a rotational deceleration of the prop. When the prop is large (like the acmes, which have a lot of blade surface area) the boat will rotate in the opposite direction at the same time. When the boat leans over slightly, it will make a slight turn if you don't compensate with the wheel. The bfn does it pretty good if you come off the throttle hard from speed. Most boats do this when coming off plane but it seems most pronounced on the 16 footers.

Prop walk as I understand it is something that pushes the boat (stern) sideways instead of in the direction the prop is turning (forward/backwards). The most obvious example is the directional pull in reverse- RH props back to the left, and LH props to the right- they don't go straight back. You also see it when you put a huge load on the boat coming out of the hole (10 skiers, say), and the boat will walk to one side. I could potentially see it happening to a small, light flat bottomed boat at speed under certain conditions (though I have not seen or experienced it myself). That python doesn't have any bad tendencies that I've found- and I've wrung it out pretty thoroughly!

Not sure if anyone answered the question above but Brian's Standard is a '93 with '06-08 graphics. They only offered the standard for 2 years, I'm guessing it wasn't a big seller... My buddy had a '94.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:51am
Good Shots Morfoot! Footing behind Paul's Signature was a pleasure. What a unique and pretty boat.

I think my highlight of the weekend was getting to drive Timmy's Inca Gold Skier. What a time capsule.

Speaking of time capsules, The Hart's Mustang is one of the best. Dave let me pull him behind it on trick skis. Really has some pulling power with a 6 cylinder. Luxurious to say the least with the foot pedal cruise control.   
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:45am
The SN standard is probably my favorite NWZ hull. I almost let one pry the 86 from my hands this last spring. Probably should have bought it. It was here in the shop and it had the factor rear seat option.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:44am
What do you say at this point that already hasn't been said. What a wonderful weekend on the Benjamin Bayou. I had a fabulous time and I didn't even ski. The weather and water was just too cold for this southern boy and when the sun finally came out on Sunday, I was too busy taking pics, and driving boats. I got tapped for the trick ski run Sun night but once things finally settled down to do it the sun went over the trees and I was about to freeze (some that did were shaking when they got back in the boat).

The Whole Benjamin Clan did an outstanding job once again and as always if you went hungry it's your own fault as there was more than plenty of food to feed small the army that was there. Many thanks to those that brought whatever and it was comical to see folks scramble for Joe's Salt Potato's.

If you ever get a chance to join the Benjamin family for this event, I highly suggest you add it to your bucket list cause there is nothing like it. The lake may be small but there is always a boat going and coming and CCFans are everywhere and together like family as truly that is what we are. So very cool to see guys you've met on the internet from all over the place share in an embrace, a laugh, a cold beer and all becasue of some silly ski boat that we all love.

Nothing beats a ride in a Benjamin boat no matter what it is because they all are fast and the smiles and whoops coming from those who drive one are worth the price of admission.

Bruce and Daves 66 Seafoam Green Mustang was a thrill to drive and I regret not skiing behind her. She is a thing of beauty to see and ride in.

If the Deen boys are around you can bet your last dollar that there will be a funny story come out of it. I wasn't there or up when it happened but to hear several tell the tale made me laugh all day Sat and Sun.

I've ranted and rambled long enough and I know that all of you are anxiously waiting for the snaps I took. These pics only show a portion of the weekend and many are timeline snaps. I bought a faster camera to stop time just at the right moment for us all to enjoy. Sorry for the delay but the wait will be worth it. Hope to see many of you at Pinkham Point in a couple weeks!

Tim's Nephew Colton age 2...Start em young!

Bruce in the 66 Mustang

'Skipper' aka Dock Dog and one of MANY!

Dave Hart barefootin with no rope!

Kristen doing some Swiviling....she's very good and I was impressed. Good job girl

...and the graceful dismount.....

with a smile!

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Gratuitous boat selfie:

man I love the simple look of this boat!

john

Ditto!! Caught my eye in the first pic of several.
What year is she?

It sometimes makes me wonder about marketing these boats - if someone posts a picture of a 12 color splash graphic with huge lettering and decals everywhere, probably no comment. Post a boat like Brian's and a bunch of us go WOW, that looks awesome! Maybe the manufacturers should take note, for every one of the rainbow boats there should also be a simple clean graphic offered to cover those of us who like understated. Brian, ever think your boat would get this much attention?!!!

Looks like an amazing weekend as usual, thanks for all the pics!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:26am
Looks like we may need to plan a trip east next summer!!!

Sure enjoy looking at all the pictures. My son Evan watched the video several times of you guys all taking off. That boat sounds flat out nasty!

Good job Benjamin family!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:06am
That picture of the Crush reminded me, Greg gave me a pull Friday night at 28'off behind it and I was in heaven. I forgot how awesome that boat is.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Gratuitous boat selfie:

john

I have to jump on this bandwagon too. Simple, clean, I'm like wow. My favorite one in these pics, well tied with the Orange Crush
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 10:27am
Great pics guys... What an awesome weekend you had !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 9:49am

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 9:46am

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 9:31am
Brian's boat is beautiful. No vinyl in it except for the driver's and observer's seats. It's a nice simple ski boat.

I've got to thank Scott Benjamin for insisting that I take his Python 196 out before we left. That is a really nice boat and it is fast. Tim, that boat prop walks when you back off the throttle at full speed.

What impresses me about Tim's BFN besides it's power and speed, is how stable and safe it feels at all speeds. It's not an over powered boat like Todd's Tique which I got to think rides like a Jersey Skiff.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 8:51am

Gratuitous boat selfie:

john

Ditto!! Caught my eye in the first pic of several.
What year is she?
Js
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 1:33am
Thanks for the compliments guys

Thanks John for helping me load up and head out Monday.

Here is the full Barefooter run:
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 1:04am
Originally posted by JDD33 JDD33 wrote:

Tim, thanks for the help with the prop change!

John, my wife wants to thank you for letting me drive your boat with your new 540 prop

Have a good one
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:29am
Our family wishes to extend a HUGE Thank You to the Benjamin family for all their efforts to pull together such a great event.   
Our family had so much fun we're still smiling and can't wait for next year!

Abby and Sara made improvements with their skiing and had a blast skiing with Lisl.

John was able to continue his progression on slalom and the highlight was probably driving the boat( with lisl ) around the lake and to the ramp and successfully loading the boat first try! Way to go John!

Lisl skied more this weekend than she has all year and was pleased that it was with her kids!

Thanks to our friends that helped us out with footing and driving technique , trick ski pulls, and teaching me how to wake surf!

Tim, thanks for the help with the prop change!

Todd, the ride and drive in the ski Tique is permanently etched in my mind!

Greg, thanks for the " one last pull" on Monday! I smiled from ear to ear the whole way home!

To all of our CCF friends new and old it was great to see you safe travels ,happy boating and we look,forward to seeing all of you sooner than later!

John,Lisl,John,Abby,Sara, and Kaycee!
Old school goin back to school!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:11am

Gratuitous boat selfie:

john

Agreed. The 93 "standard" is anything but standard. Total boat p 0 rn.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:10am

Gratuitous boat selfie:

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:05am

Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

And last but not least, thanks Adam, for cementing another classic reunion memory into the minds of anyone still awake at 3am.

ME: It was pretty funny how Brad pretty much stacked the pop-up trailer up on Jenga blocks to level it out. [With a little chuckle] Looked a little precarious.

MIKE [Pausing for a moment, then blurting out in hysterics]: It was stable enough for Brad, Adam might have been another story!
there was a bee in the tent and we were trying to kill it before getting stung. either he was a quick little b@stard or I was too drunk for bee chasing cause it took several tries to finally get him.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 11:44pm
The rest of my pics:

One Reid assisted Selfie:

Gratuitous boat selfie:

Parting shot:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 12>
  Share Topic