NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT Mini 2014, August 22-24

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 12>
Author
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 9:10am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Mile
Is that 2 G's or three?

Doh! Yessir, technically there are three lol

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 1:45pm
Anything can happen between now and Next Thursday but Dana and I are penciled in for the trip East. We'll have the Hurricane in tow. Really hope we can make this trip happen and catch up with everyone.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 2:46pm
That's freaking awesome Magicman.... Lord know's y'all need some R&R!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 3:23pm
Hey Guys,

Not looking good for me this year. I have a meeting down in Tennessee that is conflicting with my schedule. I'd be a long shot for maybe Saturday. But again not looking good.

Not happy about the situation at all. This will be the first Connecticut reunion that ive missed.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 10:34pm
Eric, I am going up after work on Saturday, I get out at 5pm and I am planning on staying late as possible on Sunday. While everyone else will be there early Saturday morning.

Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Hey Guys,

Not looking good for me this year. I have a meeting down in Tennessee that is conflicting with my schedule. I'd be a long shot for maybe Saturday. But again not looking good.

Not happy about the situation at all. This will be the first Connecticut reunion that ive missed.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 10:44am
Damn!!! I'm now on the fence due to a work conflict

Joe my Wednesday drive by plans are now canceled but still hoping to make the weekend.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 1:28pm
As promised, here are the details I have been promising to provide. Just over a week out!

For any newcomers, this event is hosted at my family’s place on Tyler Lake. Address: 52 Sandy Beach Rd, Goshen, CT. Accomodations are pretty spartan, but we have a big, flat lawn, so you are more than welcome to bring a tent and set up camp. We’ll have a few porta-potties on site. Goshen is a small town and there arent any hotels/motels close by, so I don’t have any recommendations for those who don’t want to camp, unfortunately- but Im sure there are options within a reasonable drive if you google it. PM me if you want to run options by me- I can provide my thoughts on general areas to seek out (or avoid).

The cottage is in the middle of a fairly large, shallow (sandy) cove. We have several docks and anchors, but would encourage everyone bringing a boat to bring their own moorings. There is a public launch located across the lake, approx address is Park Rd, Goshen, CT. There are only a few parking spots available there and no docks- just FYI. There is no gas on the lake and the nearest station is 15+ min away, so fill up on your way into town- Torrington and Litchfield are your closest options.

Parking is a bit of a challenge, as the cottage is at the bottom of a large hilly driveway. Therefore, we ask that people park at the top of the driveway and walk down. Feel free to come down first and unload if necessary! For those bringing boats, there is limited room to turn around at the bottom with a trailer… so probably best not to attempt it unless you’ve cleared it with me first. We have dedicated trailer parking near the ramp in my sister Sage’s yard, address: 27 Tyler Lake Heights, Goshen CT

Looks like we’ll have a good crowd here as early as Thurs PM. The weekend will be full of watersports- there will be no shortage of skis, ropes, etc, but feel free to bring any and all gear as well. Especially trick skis!

I think that’s pretty much it... I will post up food/supplies info in a minute.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 1:31pm
I have a pretty good handle on attendees and their arrival times… we’re looking at roughly 30 people here by Thurs night for dinner, up to 40 by lunch on Fri, peaking at just over 60 by lunch on Sat, and holding 50-something through Sun afternoon. Here is what we’re looking at for meals. Volunteers to provide the items in bold would be great!

Menu:

Thurs night: pizza (takeout)

Fri breakfast: egg sandwiches
Fri lunch: Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips and side salads
Fri dinner: chicken casserole, steak tips (thanks Bruce!), salt potatoes, side salads, corn, etc.

Sat breakfast: bagels, muffins, fruit salad
Sat lunch: cold cut sandwiches, chips
Sat dinner: pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw, mac&cheese, corn

Sun breakfast: egg casserole
Sun lunch: Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips and side salads
Sun dinner: leftovers

That makes the list of stuff we need as follows… feel free to volunteer:

Foods:
Hamburgers + cheese + buns (~150)
Hotdogs + buns (~150)
Salt potatoes
Chips (~20 bags)
Corn (~100 ears)
Mains or sides to add to the meals above
Juice (breakfasts)

Sat Breakfast:
Bagels + cream cheese
Muffins
Fruit Salad

Ancilliary stuff:
Solo cups (~300+)
Styrafoam cups (~200)
Paper Plates (~500)
Paper bowls (~100)
Napkins
Paper towels
Plastic forks (~200, we’re good on spoons and knives)
Heavy duty trash bags

Things everyone can bring
Coolers
Ice
Beverage of choice
(advil)

We’ll have coffee going for the mornings.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 1:38pm
I can grab the bagels Tim.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 1:44pm
I am good for my usual salt potato and hot dog contributions
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 2:06pm
Kristin and I will grab the burgers / rolls for Friday nights dinner.

Tim,
Are you all set for grills etc?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 2:08pm
I will also go through the stash at the lake and grab what ever will work for the ancilary items.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 2:21pm
might have to drop the word "Mini" next year, dang thats a good looking turnout!!!
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by bwinn bwinn wrote:

might have to drop the word "Mini" next year, dang thats a good looking turnout!!!
its a lot of people...good looking is objective
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 4:22pm
I think we're ok on grills Greg- we can move them around semi-locally if need be- we have options.

I'll quote the list in my next post for people to use as a sign up sheet... For those who have mentioned what they're bringing but didn't say how much, I'll ballpark the quantities I think you're grabbing- feel free to make corrections!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

That makes the list of stuff we need as follows… feel free to volunteer:

Foods:
Hamburgers + cheese + buns (~150): GregF(75)
Hotdogs (~150): Joe (150)
Hot dog buns (150):
Salt potatoes: Joe
Chips (~20 bags):
Corn (~100 ears):
Mains or sides to add to the meals above:
Juice (breakfasts):

Sat Breakfast:
Bagels + cream cheese: Brian (3dozen?)
Muffins:
Fruit Salad:

Ancilliary stuff:
Solo cups (~300+):
Styrafoam cups (~200):
Paper Plates (~500):
Paper bowls (~100):
Napkins:
Paper towels:
Plastic forks (~200):
Heavy duty trash bags:
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 4:46pm
I can grab 4 dozen bagels just to be on the safe side.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 5:41pm
Tim,
Put me down for the corn- fresh from Gary's farm stand.
You have at least one but I'll bring my propane burner and large pot too.

Additionally, sign me up for the following:

Solo cups (~300+):
Styrafoam cups (~200):
Paper Plates (~500):
Paper bowls (~100):

We don't plan to arrive till Friday evening- if you'll need the above items for dinners Thursday and Friday then I can swap with something/ someone else.

-Brad
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 5:52pm
Brad, I assume you'll be in time for dinner fri (at least shooting for it)? Ha.

We'll need some of the basics early on, so how about reduce the count of solo cups and plates by 100 and styraFoam cups by 50? Someone else coming earlier can backfill. Sounds good on the corn and the propane burner- that'll make 3 and probably not unwarranted!
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Anything can happen between now and Next Thursday but Dana and I are penciled in for the trip East. We'll have the Hurricane in tow. Really hope we can make this trip happen and catch up with everyone.

OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2014 at 2:57am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Ok, as it stands now looks like I'm hitting Joes Wednesday early evening playing at his place Thursday then we're heading to Tim's Friday morning departing early Monday morning.
Anybody from my area want to jump in its just me and the '95 in tow.

Also Joe said anybody coming from the west want to hit him up for a stop over then caravan in with us is welcome.
Let's make it happen.

Tim I'm planning on popping up the tent somewhere/anywhere. if I can bring anything drop me a PM. I will double check with you before I head out.

Hey Paul, when are you leaving PA to head to Joes? Might be able to make it work from IN.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2014 at 4:34am
dude, Kostas, you're way late on this one, we've already got a caravan running from IN but its full now, speak up earlier brutha
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2014 at 11:10am
Kostas
I had to cancel the stop over at Joes due to a change with work. I'm still hoping to make the trip if all goes well I will be heading straight to Tim's Thursday. Fingers crossed at this time.
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2014 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

dude, Kostas, you're way late on this one, we've already got a caravan running from IN but its full now, speak up earlier brutha

I know, was able to shift things around. Tried to get the family onboard but my daughter is starting kindergarten on the 20th and I guess it's not the best time to pull her out before starting, not now at least
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2014 at 3:20pm
Guys, seeing all of these pre travel posts makes me sad as I won't be making the trip this year. Family and work obligations prevail.

To those of you who will be there though, have a great time and please post some pics.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2014 at 5:39pm
Jess, My dad, My Brother, My nephew and a friend will be arrving bright and early Saturday with the 85 in tow. And ill arive Saturday evening after work
Jess will make a boatload of her brownies again and her and my dad will bring like 10 big bags of Chips as well!
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2014 at 6:02pm
sent you a PM,
I am going to try like hell to get the work i need to get done finished up but at this point it is not looking like i will be making it to this event.
-Tony
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2014 at 8:48am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Brad, I assume you'll be in time for dinner fri (at least shooting for it)? Ha.

We'll need some of the basics early on, so how about reduce the count of solo cups and plates by 100 and styraFoam cups by 50? Someone else coming earlier can backfill. Sounds good on the corn and the propane burner- that'll make 3 and probably not unwarranted!

Tim- We hope to arrive before dinner Friday. But just in case we don't make it in time I wanted to make sure you guys had all the supplies you'd need ahead of time. So, I just ordered them all from Staples.com and they should be arriving at your lake house well ahead of your first guest. I'll forward you the tracking # as soon as the order ships.

No need to edit quantities or shift to anyone else- we're all set.

-Brad
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2014 at 9:39am
Okay...just checked flights out of Bradley and late Sun or anytime Monday works for me depending on who is leaving when. Last flight out on Sun is 6:40 or if someone wants to drop me off Monday whenever that works for me too. Looking fwd to this one guys as always. Hoping for great weather at this point.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2014 at 9:54am
Tim, I may come rolling in on Sunday for the day. Maybe I'll give parasailing lessons!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 12>
  Share Topic