Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1990 Dash Lights?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
widespreadpanic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote widespreadpanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1990 Dash Lights?
    Posted: July-22-2014 at 9:54am
All of my dash trouble lights are triggering at the wrong voltage, temp, and oil press.
All of my levels are within the operating range but the lights are on anyway.

Can I re-calibrate or re-set these lights?
If not, are there new ones available somewhere that are calibrated for that year?

Thanks
WSP
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2014 at 10:06am
Wait, do you have multiple warning lights? Do you have a pic of your dash?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote widespreadpanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2014 at 10:09am
It's a three red light panel in the center top of dash. about 1"x 3". I'll try get a pic.

WSP
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2014 at 12:19pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote widespreadpanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2014 at 2:31pm
Yes Marty! Exactly!!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2014 at 3:06pm
I've definitely see guys say that they've just removed those alarm systems; not the most reliable.

I was looking at Nautiqueparts and they seem to just stock the simpler, oil pressure/water temp only style.

Maybe Zach at N3 can give you some guidance as far as finding a replacement. I don't think (but I don't know for a fact either) that these alarms can be re-calibrated in any way. I think it's just remove or replace.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2014 at 3:11pm
One more idea, I'm not sure if your system uses a dedicated set of "switches" on the motor side.

The gauges use senders, and that alarm kit on Nautiqueparts uses switches. A lot of the simpler EFI systems use switches as well.

If your alarm has it's own senders/switches (VS. sharing the senders used by the gauges), then you could maybe disconnect the switch that is correlated to the affected alarm light, and see if it goes out. If so, it could be an issue with the associated switch.
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2014 at 3:41pm
I like Coconuts. When you break them open they smell like ladies lying in the sun.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote widespreadpanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2014 at 11:02pm
Thanks for ll the reposes so far.

Baitkiller, If I had my way, I give a coconut to everyone.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2014 at 1:39am
What year? I've seen that dash on the early 90's boats and wonder if it is ProTec related.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote widespreadpanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 12:37pm
1990. Same lights as picture above.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic