Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airguide Speedo Rebuilds??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airguide Speedo Rebuilds??
    Posted: April-23-2006 at 8:58am
I've had zero luck with this in the past, but does anyone know of a company or individual that can restore the old Airguide Speedometers? ie., rechrome, re-color the needle, clean up the face, etc.??
Heath
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2006 at 9:41am
You might check with North Hollywood Speedometer. They specialize in VDO, but might take on your task.

North Hollywood Speedometer
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2006 at 9:44am
Thanks David, I will give them a try.
Heath
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2006 at 2:01pm
Sorry to sponge of this post...but both my speedos work but neither is accurate. I checked my speed w/a GPS over the wknd and when one speedo read 16, the other read 17 and the GPS had us @ 19.5. Any way to adjust the speedos for accuracy? (just to clarify for JIH, I am talking about the spedometers in my boat ;) )
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
wakemaniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2006 at 2:56pm
They should have a calibration set screw on the front of the glass(bottom center). It should take a very small allen head (hex head) to adjust. That is the only adjustment I am aware of. To take it beyond that you would have to disassemble the speedo and look at the diaphram and chain setup. I hope this helps.

I would suggest to run your boat at 20mph on the GPS, check the speedos against the GPS and adjust them accordingly. Then run the boat at 30mph on the GPS and check them again and see where you are. I hope this helps. The speeds you wish to check them against the GPS are totally up to you. I selected 20 & 30 mph because they are easy to hit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic