Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

79 ski nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 79 ski nautique
    Posted: August-02-2014 at 11:24pm
Happy to be a part of this group.
I was recently handed a 79 ski nautique (mostly factory. Edlebrock carbs) that is giving me some issues. The boat runs great on with a full tank for a few hours (pulling a load). The issue seems to happen around 1/2 tank and after the boat has been off for a short period. Upon restarting and taking off the boat begins to act like it's running out of fuel, only under a load. No issues while idling or revving while the prop in disengaged. I generally have to prime the carb to get the boat to start after sitting for a day or more. I recently replaced the fuel filter and replaced the anti-siphon valve on the tank. Tried a couple pressure testers to no avail, but I pulled the fuel line from the carburetor and the pump filled a cup fairly quickly. Can a lack of amps cause this issue?

I'm lost. Please, please help.
Wayne
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2014 at 11:29pm
Could be the coil going out. Next time it acts up, check the coil to see if it's hot. You should be able to keep your hand on it.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
79nautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2014 at 11:36pm
Thank you. I'll give it a shot. The only thing that makes me wonder if it's not a temperature issue is, today it was off for 30+ mins before it happened.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic