Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1964 mustang windshield and ski pilon

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mustanger64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustanger64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1964 mustang windshield and ski pilon
    Posted: August-05-2014 at 10:50pm
Looking for a windshield and ski pilon for my 64 mustang
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2014 at 11:35pm
While I don't have any,which windshield are you looking for,plastic or the glass one? People have bought whole boats to get those parts but they are out there it just takes a lot of footwork and contacts.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 12:38am
I'm considering parting this Mustang out sometime "down the road"...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustanger64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 1:37pm
Prefer Plastic but glass would be acceptable. People ALWAYS steady themselves by grabbing the windshield and plastic is more flexible.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustanger64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 1:38pm
How far "down the road". I'm interested in the horn, windshield and ski pilon with ring.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by mustanger64 mustanger64 wrote:

Prefer Plastic but glass would be acceptable. People ALWAYS steady themselves by grabbing the windshield and plastic is more flexible.

Do you understand the difference between the glass and plastic windshields? They are totally different!!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 9:57pm
Here is a plastic just for reference. The other in the distance to the left of the picture is glass. Hope this helps. Does any one make the plastic one?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustanger64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 10:34pm
I guess I dont as mine is plastic.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustanger64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 10:36pm
I guess i dont since Ive only had plastic.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 11:49pm
John back in '07 Taylor Made still made them but shipping was as much as the product. It came complete with ends,hold down bolts and gasket.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2014 at 12:44am
I did not know that. Shipping would probably be as much as the rub rail shipping then
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2014 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

John back in '07 Taylor Made still made them but shipping was as much as the product. It came complete with ends,hold down bolts and gasket.

Gary, how would you know about windshields? I hear they're overrated !

Mike, you got any pics of your boat?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2014 at 12:57am
Pier pressure Steve
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2014 at 1:04am
John I was able to get all but 1 piece of rub rail from my local West Marine. Reid delivered the other one to Green Lake. I use Pinkham Express for all my oversize deliveries Thanks buddy !
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2014 at 9:11am
I just ordered a replacement for my 68 Mustang from http://www.updplastics.com/ $450 shipped. Will have to see how it turns out. If so my original will be available,just the plastic no trim.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2014 at 9:36am
Steve if and when I need 4 of these seat knobs if you have them

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2014 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Steve if and when I need 4 of these seat knobs if you have them

uhhh, we have to dig wayyyyy deep into the parts stash to get to them!   

/ or are there some in the "box-o-goodies" you got for me a couple weeks ago?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic