Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1968 Mustang ski pole ring height?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1968 Mustang ski pole ring height?
    Posted: August-25-2014 at 10:19pm
There is no telling what changes have been made to this old girl over the many years she was on the water. Can someone tell me the height of the top of the ring to the floor in an unmolested Mustang ski pole? I am setting the ski pole and I want to get it right! Thanks a million. Sorry crappy low light pic.

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2014 at 10:38pm
I would be surprised to find five '68's all with the exact same pylon height.   Just turn the finger toward the dash and install.

Luv the Flake!!!    Ya wanna do my stripes and letters in Rally Green Flake ?

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2014 at 10:42pm
That pylon looks different too. How about a measurement from the gunnel to the top of the ring on a 69?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2014 at 10:44pm
I just measured my 68 (ford 289), 32.5" from the top of the floor to the top of the ring.
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2014 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Just turn the finger toward the dash and install.

I think it is.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2014 at 11:26pm
I turned it around after looking at the flyer. Its going to need a spacer to fit in the later model engine frame pole clamp.

I have an insane 10 foot pole the PO had made for barefooting. It might work out better cutting it down and using it. Its installed in the below pic.

Thanks scootdogydog

dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2014 at 9:29pm
Just wanted to say thanks again for the help. Here is the new pole installed and ready to measure the floor template.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic