NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2015 SJRR Dates?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 SJRR Dates?
    Posted: September-18-2014 at 1:26pm
Looking at dates for next spring and the highly anticipated SJRR.

Looks like the dates for the 2015 Mt. Dora show are March 27-29. We'll be in Orlando that weekend but will be working so that counts out our part of the Iowa Contingency.

There was some talk that the weekend before the Mt.Dora boat show would work better for scheduling since we know there are a number of people that would like to hit both events and enjoy them to the fullest.

Not sure if there has been any official dates set or communicated to our CCF group, but wanted to get everyone's thoughts and check availability for next spring.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 12:10am
Lets get going here...wanna get a cabin.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 1:19am
After all the work involved with the ACBS show last year, and thanks by the way to the guys that helped out tremendously, it would certainly work better for me and maybe a few others, if we moved the River Run a week earlier as Chris mentioned.   But I've been outta town this week and haven't talked to Billy in a while. We originally moved the event to coincide with the boat show but we've realized it's rather hard to commit to one w/o short changing the other, and this past year we felt like we missed the River Run completely:-(   In past planning we never envisioned the 2 events competing for CCF member's time but this indeed happened, which to me wasn't a really bad thing b/c of all the interest in each event, but I'd personally like to make the most of each w/o missing anything.   So I'll follow up Billy very soon and see what he thinks. I'm somewhat committed to the boat show again as we did make a really good impression this past year and have been requested to come back for 2015. I would just love a lot more time on The River.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 1:42am
I think moving it up is a good idea. When it's at the end of the month you end up driving home in the retired snowbird / spring break traffic. One year it was bumper to bumper traffic from Orlando to Chattanooga and finding a hotel room was almost impossible.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 8:13am
I'm all for moving it up a week as well. Seeing as how the end of spring break is usually during the same weekend as River Run it usually DQ's many of of members wanting to attend but can't because the family is wrapping up their short Vacation. Moving it up a weekend
might free up some that want to attend but couldn't. Seems that many CCFans could care less about the show anyway so I'm game for moving it up a weekend to allow more members to attend.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 12:45pm
We had a boat in the show and it was a very big challenge driving back and forth. Lost most of the visiting time at the SJRR and that was regrettable. Inthink moving it is a great idea. Anything i can do to assist i would be willing to help.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 1:14pm
how about a week later instead of earlier?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Then your running right into potential conflict with the White Lake Mini.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Then your running right into potential conflict with the White Lake Mini.
maybe, but we talked about that at Reid's a couple weeks ago also. Townsend had tried to push white lake back a couple weeks into May this year, so I wouldn't count on those dates being a 100% firm yet.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 2:10pm
Maybe check with Paramores as to the better weekend. I can't imagine them being booked 2 weekends back2back but you never know if those damn fishermen may have a tournament.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 2:58pm

Townsend had tried to push white lake back a couple weeks into May this year, so I wouldn't count on those dates being a 100% firm yet.

Then you're pushing into Mothers Day, Highschool Graduations plus the Masters Ski Tourney. I've only been to one WL Mini but I thought one of the reasons it's in April was because the Motel pretty much opened for us AND because the locals haven't started hitting the water yet till 'The Season' opened.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 3:12pm
First weekend in may shouldn't be in direct conflict with any of the above save for maybe WL's "season opener"... Mother's Day isn't until the 10th. Masters is on Memorial Day isn't it? I wouldn't be opposed to a week later gathering at WL, seems it's been borderline temperate the last 2-3 years, right around 70 air and water. Another week might help that and give a little more separation to SJRR. I know of at least one prominent CCFan who has a conflict that last weekend in April...

Regarding SJRR, we're hardly a regular as it's a haul for us- but cabin fever has long since set in up north come mar, so we certainly wouldn't be opposed to an earlier gathering. Allowing those who want to attend the boat show to do so without interfering with the classic sjrr activities sounds like a logical idea.
86nautique454 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 3:21pm
I'm all for moving the date also. Didn't the boat show make a new category for the newer boats 25 years old? If so there will probably be more in the show, so two weekends would work better.

Bobby
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 7:29pm
I gotta agree with Tim on the cabin fever comment. Any excuse to get out of the Iowa winter for a weekend in the sun is well worth the drive.

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 7:37pm
I just posted the dates............March 27/28/29..........

Karen and I would like to have a nice relaxing week in Fla....

SJRR will start for us on March 23...See you there
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

does that take into account any of the discussion above? No decision will make everyone 100% happy but how about some consensus or at least conversation? I think you could still have a nice relaxing week in Fla if it started 3 days earlier and the CCFan stuff happened 20/21/22.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 8:18pm
Didn't expect this thread to pop up so early. I'm down for whenever. I have plenty of vacation time I need to burn.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 8:23pm

does that take into account any of the discussion above? No decision will make everyone 100% happy but how about some consensus or at least conversation? I think you could still have a nice relaxing week in Fla if it started 3 days earlier and the CCFan stuff happened 20/21/22.

Adam,
"SJRR will be the last full weekend of March, just like it always has."
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 11:24pm
Let's see, that's 27 ayes and one nay....and the nays have it.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 1:42am
Dang...me & Patti are out either way..Spring Walk to Emmaus for us.

have fun all!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 1:55am
The plan is no plan!

In the land of the free we can meet up on the river without Billy's permission.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

Adam,
"SJRR will be the last full weekend of March, just like it always has."

"Always" is a subjective time frame, as it only dates back to March 2011.

The time before "Always"

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 9:58am
I'm merely just repeating.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The plan is no plan!

In the land of the free we can meet up on the river without Billy's permission.

Sorry to hear that you will be a no show HW, but we will try to host the event,SJRR 2015, as best we can, with out all your trash talk........
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 11:32am
Oh Billy. Who said I will be a no show?
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 12:11pm
Looks like it's that time of year again. SJRR thread always get things started.

Greg

86 BFN
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 12:44pm
Glad to see you will make this a "must attend event".The helping hands will needed to feed this crowd on Saturday nite..........
Karen and I will post more later on this years event, but the dates are locked in from last year, most of us booked our rooms for this date before we departed Parramores.
Mr. Ralph will speak again on Sat. evening, what a time that will be, for all that missed his talk at Mt. Dora Boat Show last year.
Looking forward to seeing all our OLD buds and meeting NEW ones to add to our long list of CCFans.........See you in March
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic