Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 9>
Author
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2015 at 12:36pm
The Farmer's (Mike, Marsha, Michael-9 & Mason-9) already booked the posted weekend of March 27-29th. This will be our first reunion after several years of missed attempts. We are looking forward to meet all those fellow Correct Craft enthusiasts and hope to start a new tradition of attendance every year. We will be bringing our RV and will contribute to the festivities in any way we can.   

If Ok? I will be bringing BBQ picnic style pork ribs with potato salad.

Counting the days!:)
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2015 at 12:53pm
Sounds great Mike....look forward to meeting you and the family!

Morfoot              Carrot Cake & Charcoal
mmfarmer1        BBQ Pork Ribs & Potato Salad
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2015 at 1:36pm
Laurie and I will be down for the weekend of the 21-22nd so we can hang with Chris, Adam, Tim and any others that are planning to be there then so we can get some extended river time in as we'll be spending time back at the boat show the following weekend.   Last year we were just pulled in too many different directions and missed all the best river festivities. I just got my Parramores RV spot reservation.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2015 at 3:29pm
Reid, what site did you guys book? We'll probably book early next week when schedules finalize.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2015 at 3:46pm
Given the previous weekend is available, are Parramore reservations not transferable?
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2015 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Given the previous weekend is available, are Parramore reservations not transferable?

They are NON refundable, not sure of transferable.
Js
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2015 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

St Johns River Ruckus in full effect.

mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2015 at 5:39pm
If Parramore's allows my reservation to be transferred, I would much prefer some time on the river with the family and some new friends. The boat show is great but does take up a good portion of time, and not really the reason for my first reunion experience that I was looking forward to. That's just my personal opinion.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2015 at 6:50pm
Mike....the Dora boat show isn't a normal thing that we do, Some attend, most don't. Last year was an exception to the "normal" SJRR. The normal is playing on the river from the time you get there till whenever folks decide to get off the water. Fans start arriving Thurs or sooner to enjoy playtime on the river. Friday is all day river sports or head down to the boat show if you choose. Their are some really cool old boats there whose beauty and wacky design are second to none. Saturday is either a run down to Hontoon island which is about a 1 hour trip where fans have grilled burgers and dogs waiting on us. then a 1 hr trip back to Parramores or a run out across Lake George to the Silver Glenn Springs. Some playtime on the lake/river before Sat nights visit with Mr. Ralph. and cookout. Sunday most head out but some stick around for more fun on the river.

This being your first Mini might I suggest that you stick to your original plan if it works better for YOU! Mr.Ralph is truly a joy to listen too and a treat you don't wanna miss IMHO. He loves to visit and tell us more stories of the Meloon family and the Correct Craft boats that they've built. He is 97 years old and looks forward to visiting with us! When approached last year about getting out of the sun at the boat show (when CC's were the featured boat) his response was " No, I'm going to stay right down here with my people!'....The man's a hoot!

Bottom line is go to the show if you want but I'd bet 98% won't and those that do will go on Friday. Hope that helps you or anyone else that is coming to their first River Run!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2015 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

No, I'm going to stay right down here with my people!'

To be considered one of Mr. Ralph's people is about this highest honor anyone could be given in my book.

JMO,

Donald
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2015 at 1:18am
Parramore's will transfer your reservation if space is available. As of yesterday, they still had spots open for the weekend of the 21st. Still on the fence as to if I will be moving my reservation. Kids are out of school the week from March 16-22nd for spring break. This would be much easier for me to get the kids to be part of the festivities and also have a longer stay at Parramore's versus the weekend of the 28th. I would hate to miss Mr. Ralph but may have to just drive up solo the following weekend to hear him speak.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2015 at 3:17am
Me Ralph is no doubt an icon but do what suits you and your family best. River running, as it started out, or boat showing.
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 11:28am
Since spring break is the week of March 16th. I have rescheduled my visit to Parramore's from the 19-22nd. This will work best to have the most amount of time on the water and hopefully able to meet some fellow Correct Craft fans as well. I have 2 RV spots reserved (74 & 75). Bringing the in-laws to help manage the kids for more adult time! If any other members are up there this weekend, I would still enjoy a get-together cookout if interested?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 12:34pm
Mike, I know there will be a small contingent of CCFans there as scheduling issues didn't allow them to attend the following weekend but still wanted some river/CCFan time. So I say, why not make it a week long event if you can? I would imagine that the few of us that are there the weekend before would be up for grilling something out on the 21st. My vote is steaks and we can use the grill at the Campground. The kids should be fine at anytime as we really aren't too wild. We spend most of the day on the water and in the evening sit round drinking cocktails. If the kids can hang on the water all day, then they'll be fine.
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 1:50pm
Sounds good. Looking forward to it! Is there a close by store, or should I shop before getting into the area?
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 1:59pm
Oh shop beforehand.
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 2:01pm
Will do! Thanks.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 2:06pm
I'm still in for the same weekend as long as I'm in the country...work schedule is still way up in the air but planning on the weekend of the 19th. would like to see/meet as many people as possible, especially you locals who can pull off a day trip
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 2:27pm
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 4:14pm
Dave, I do have Yeargins cell #....I'll give him a shout to see if you can have a couple days off!

On that note, I do have Pro Driver Lester Todd's # too and he told me a couple years ago that we could come to his private lake where he and Cindy have a slalom course and a jump set up to use so that might be something worth checking into. They don't live that far from Astor and always enjoy hanging out with us Correct Craft Peeps.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 4:54pm
I like it
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 11:26pm
I am officially out for the weekend of the 27th. My wife and daughter are travelling to Colorado for some family visits and skiing (the other kind). Cindy and Lester's private lake sounds interesting. Maybe I can shoot down for the previous weekend, but I seriously doubt a St. John's River trip for me this year. I would like to see the running list of folks making it down the week before.

So far I see:

Farmer family
Reid and Laurie
Chris and dad
Tim B.?
Tim M.?
Adam?
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2015 at 9:31am
Looks like the Smith family and Mr. Ralph will be the only ones there the originally slated date (27th)? Well, I will throw him in the boat with the rest of the kids and show him a good time. Pictures to follow!
Js
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2015 at 10:48am
Jerry, The Smith Clan and Mr. Ralph won't be the only ones there. As my earlier post had stated a few of the regular SJRR attendees cannot make this years River Run on the 27th for conflict of that thing we call JOB. Because Mini's HAVE been and ALWAYS will be about us getting together as a family, misfits, skibums, etc. It had been suggested that we START a weekend before and go till the next weekend if YOU can afford to do so. I can get the time off so Reid and I are going down the 19/20th and staying till the 30th....What are we gonna do that whole time? Heck we don't know but we'll have boats, plenty of water, and loads of CCFans who live in Fla that we can hook up with.

So here's who we have coming so far and if you are attending then pipe up so folks know who and when you're coming. You've got less than 2 months to get those CC's ready for a run down the St. Johns River.

20th-22nd

Reid & Laurie
Morfoot
Mars Boys
IAughtNaut
Jmurph ?

27th-29th

ReidP
Morfoot
Smith Family

Reid and I (and whomever may be with us) may head back to Parramores on the 26th if Fans start getting there on Thursday or earlier. Guess it all depends on what's going on.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2015 at 11:04am
Tim I'm confused, if you're there the entire week, how are you returning back to Parramores on the 26th?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2015 at 11:46am
Todd, I'll be doing the camping thing the first weekend probably on Reids reserved RV slot. Laurie is not staying the whole week but Reid and I are... We will either take the Nautimobile wherever we go or jump in whatever tow vehicle I have maybe attach a boat to it and go ?????? We'll either leave the RV there at Parramores and come back to it on Thursday or take it with us depending on where the "wind" takes us.

We may end up in The Keys on Monday....The plan is.......there is no plan. Land Pirates we be!
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2015 at 8:38am
Just found out that I'm busy both of those weekends. See you guys somewhere else this year.
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2015 at 10:42am
Farmer's "Mike, Marsha, Michael (9) & Mason (9)"
March 19-22nd.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2015 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

20th-22nd

Reid & Laurie
Morfoot
Mars Boys - Mike and Chris (Possibly Zoe & Maddox) - Driving down in the RV w/01 SN in tow
IAughtNaut
Jmurph ?

27th-29th

ReidP
Morfoot
Smith Family

We'll be leaving Memphis late on the 19th headed to Astor. Planning to stay until the 24th.

Haven't reserved a camp site yet but we're still planning to bring the RV and will have the 01 Reverse Gel SN in tow. At some point we have to make a trip to Ramlin in Orlando (long story for another thread) but want to get as much water time as possible.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2015 at 10:41am
So here we are at the beginning of February and this is all the chatter about River Run? Man y'alls brains must be frozen over. Looking at past SJRR threads the talk started in January and lasted for 3 months. looks like the few of us that are attended are gonna have a great time! Looks like we might grill Steaks and Shrimp instead of burgers and dogs.

Is this all whose coming?

20th-22nd

Reid & Laurie
Morfoot
Mars Boys
IAughtNaut
mmfarmer1

27th-29th

ReidP
Morfoot
Smith Family
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 9>
  Share Topic