NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 12131415>
Author
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2015 at 2:49pm

I don't know why these images are showing up low res. They were taken with a 5DmkII.

I'll fix them when I get back from work
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2015 at 3:13pm
Chris,
Great shots! The image upload function of the Forums does image resizing. If your images are too large, then the automated resizing would be extreme and make the resized images appear lower quality.

You'll notice some of your photos are very clear and others look low resolution.

Keeping your uploaded images as close to 800 pixels wide on upload ensures the least resizing.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2015 at 3:26pm
Ok that's the problem. I was using 900 pixels.

I can edit them in a few days. Thanks Keith!
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2015 at 3:29pm
Chris,
Awesome job on the pics !!! I was hoping we'd have another "Footy" or Picture Pat on board this year.... Sizes up the weekend nice... Thanks again,
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2015 at 3:58pm
that bass
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2015 at 4:16pm
No problem gents. If anyone wants a high res version of any of the pics just email me with the request.

Chris.boziel@gmail.com
1999 Ski Nautique 196
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2015 at 4:26pm
Glad i got to hang out with alot of the regular's and some new people that i met!! What great weather and some bad ass boats also!!

A Huge THANKS goes out to Mojo(Dave), Raindog(steve) and 81nautique(alan/dana) you guys have always done a great job putting GL festivities together and making it a great time for everyone else!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2015 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

The CCF Mascot

OMG!!! He got a hair cut!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2015 at 10:05pm
Now he needs a little Grecian formula on that gray mop of his.....We know it ain't from wisdom but from raising a teenage daughter.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2015 at 10:54pm
I have recovered from the weekend just enough to post some pics. I have to say thank you to all of the hosts. Dave being the MC with tremendous humility never gets the recognition he should. Steve also keeps a low profile but deserves a big thank you. I think Alan and Dana would like to keep a lower profile, but just cant hide from their contributions to the weekend.

What an event!. Friday night could not have been nicer or the people friendlier. We meet a new friend Joe with an black and white 88 2001 that I cant wait to see. Unfortunately for Joe it has a transmission issue and did not make it to the lake, Fortunately for us we had the chance to host Joe, along with davidg, on our boat which made for nice times on the water.

Sat morning was beautiful, the lake was smooth. All of us got in the water for some water sports.. I don't know exactly what changed between 10 am and the "Bay Blast" . but the parade was certainly memorable.. We started behind the 55 with our stereo playing "Rock You Like a Hurricane". watching the 16 footers navigate the walls of water was both scary and very entertaining.

Another great memory was my ride in the hurricane. Words cannot properly describe that sexy beast...We had a short but friendly visit from Barney who said "We are not going to board you because that boat is way to nice!" Apparently everyone respects the Hurricane..

Sat evening was a great affair.. The food was tasty and the company grand.

Sunday was so darn nice you would not believe it was Green Lake.. Perfect end to a perfect weekend.

Pics to follow.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2015 at 11:08pm
davidg tearing up the water

Dana starting a surf run

Money shot number 1, Austin in the surf. (Dana took this one)

Money shot #2 OMG she is gorgeous!

Sunday noon, the middle of Green Lake. Aaahhhhhhh.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 5:23am
Here is a video of the hell waters of the boat parade.

***************LANGUAGE WARNING**************

If you make it more than half way through the video, there are some pretty rough hits.

Check out the hot pontoon that passes all of us with a giant tube in tow.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 9:41am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

[QUOTE=Frankenotter]
The CCF Mascot

Think I saw this picture in the post office
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 10:35am

Well Isn't that special.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 10:43am
If you didn't know any better,you'd think this is the poster boy for CCF
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 11:54am
That's just not right!!!!
I open this thread to see a full screen close up shot of Quinner. I screamed like the goat in the Geico commercial.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 2:04pm
Does anyone know what happened to Paul and Jen Sandstrom?? They were there in the campground Thursday night, then vanished for the rest of the reunion.. Hope nothing bad happened
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 2:04pm
Nice Pic there Quin dog!!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Nice Pic there Quin dog!!

Yep, looks like he just farted and got caught haha
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Does anyone know what happened to Paul and Jen Sandstrom?? They were there in the campground Thursday night, then vanished for the rest of the reunion.. Hope nothing bad happened

They bought a mustang 17. They had a neutral kill switch problem at the dock. We got that fixed and they took off on a run. We saw them a few hours later and Paul reported "an extreme overheat and oil in the bilge". I offered to take them to the bay in my boat and they agreed. That was the last I saw them. Not sure what happened.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 2:47pm
glad ya'll had a great time!
but if you call that bad water, don't visit the south end of Lanier ona a Saturday...
1994 Sport Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

They bought a mustang 17. They had a neutral kill switch problem at the dock. We got that fixed and they took off on a run. We saw them a few hours later and Paul reported "an extreme overheat and oil in the bilge". I offered to take them to the bay in my boat and they agreed. That was the last I saw them. Not sure what happened.

Sounds like they got frustrated and just gave up.. Hope they get things dialed in. Looked like a nice rig..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2015 at 2:23am
I had a great time at GL this year. A big thanks to Dave (OverMyHead) and his son Austin for letting me hang out with them on their beautiful '87 Ski Nautique all weekend. We got some good skiing in, and Austin schooled us in wakeskating. The kid is good!!! Dave let me take the wheel of his '87 as well. Very reminiscent of my old Southwind handling and responsiveness characteristics. Ha Ha!

Also a big thanks to Dave, Alan/Dana, and Steve for putting on this great shindig. Always very well run, and a blast.

I stayed at the Waldorf "Bay View" Astoria, at least they charged like the Waldorf! A bit pricey, but, well worth it. A real time capsule from 1956. It may not be around long?!? The hotel (or the ground it sits on) is for sale. I didn't realize it, but, the picture on the login page of this site is the dock at the Bay View. Get your check books out gentleman and dig DEEP!!!

Also, a big thanks to Dana and Alan for trading me a ski session in exchange for my expert spotter skills.    I have to say, Alan can really rip it up, and lay it down with his green slalom (to match his gorgeous Sport). Very impressive skiing sir!

Got to also witness Terry (Ultrahots) trading Show Nautique stories with the gent that owned his old Show from years ago (or was it vice versa). Those two guys were in Show Nautique heaven!! A beautiful thing to witness!

Another interesting moment I had was when I was minding my own business walking back to the hotel, carrying a cooler full of Spotted Cow's, and a couple of very nice (albeit a bit jacked up on dirty martini's) local women stopped to offer me a ride. The Green Lake townspeople are so nice! I am not sure who they were, but, one told me she was married to the mayor.

Here are a few pics I snapped.

Dave (OverMyHead) skiing

Joe, Dave, Me, and Austin giving the psychedelic shot ski a work out. Mojo overseeing operations behind us.

The Bay View (Are we witnessing the passing of an era?)

Where have I seen this dock before?
Sandstrom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandstrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2015 at 8:30pm
Hi guys. First of all we must apologize for the abrupt disappearing act. We had about 3 things that needed immediate attention hit all at once. Believe it or not, boat issues were at the bottom of that list. Friday afternoon we made the decision to try taking care of things and then return. As always, things snowballed and when the dust settled, too much time was lost. We decided to spend what was left of our weekend trying to figure out our boat situation.

The good news is that our Mustang was just fine. After being awake for 30 some hours my eyes must have been playing tricks on me. No oil in hull and our overheat was the classic mucky Hattie Sherwood impeller clog. Our Mustang presently has no water strainer on it, but she wont go back in Green Lake without one. Our lake at home is so clear and muck free we can get away without using one, but we wont be doing that anymore. We spent Sat night going through everything we possibly could to find problems and found none. We ran Sunday long and hard, challenged the old girl in almost every way possible and the performance was outstanding!

Again, our apologies for the silent departure, we didn't try to do that it just worked out that way. All is good. The pics look insane! See you guys next year........if not soonner!

Thanks to everyone for all your help!

Paul and Jen
vernonfarmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vernonfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2015 at 12:50am
CCF Folks,

I just want to say a big thank you to all of you. After meeting many of you at the Green Lake reunion I can say without a doubt that yours is one of the most dedicated, passionate and fun loving groups of "boat people" that I've had the pleasure of spending time with. My wife Pam and I have been involved with classic boating for all of nine years. We started with a Chetek lapstrake outboard. We won awards with the Middy Mae and met some awesome people from the ACBS Blackhawk and Glacier Lakes chapters. Then came the Atom Skier. I knew virtually nothing about Correct Craft or Nautique boats before purchasing the 1955 Atom. We knew the CCF group was primarily later model, glass boat enthusiasts. But we took a chance and signed up the GL reunion. Well....those of you who were there know our baptism by fire. As George Castansa would say, "The sea was angry that day." We thought our goose was cooked until out of nowhere, Gary Starr and his wife appeared and got us tucked into their wake for safe passage to the party area. During the rest of the day and into the night at the park, more and more of you greeted and welcomed us. We couldn't have felt more welcome and comfortable in new surroundings. We just finished a Glacier Lakes chapter group cruise on the Milwaukee River. While the "no wake" ride on the river was much more calm and relaxing, the wild ride on Green Lake and the new friends met will never be forgotten! See you next year?
John and Pam Baas

illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2015 at 11:36am
Found another photo that I had on my phone. I think this was Friday morning.
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 12:46am
Hey Mojo, where is that drone footage?
1987 Ski Nautique

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 12:55am
Glad you brought that up Dave,I had thought about that earlier in the day---
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 10:23am
Can't get the guy to answer my emails.......
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 10:40am
I guess next time we take it down
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 12131415>
  Share Topic