NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Throttle

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
goldenrigley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenrigley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throttle
    Posted: October-15-2014 at 2:34am
I am looking to convert my foot throttle to a hand throttle. Can anyone help me out in locating one. The shifter will stay on the steering column. Thanks
Jim in WI
cbdenco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbdenco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2014 at 11:49am
This place can do custom vernier style hand throttles like in the old Century's

Cablecraft

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2014 at 8:42pm
Jim, what boat do you have? I ran my foot throttle in the '63 for one summer, then built a very crude hand throttle myself, ugly but still working over 30 years later. I did it because I couldn't adjust speed for skiing with the heel/toe foot throttle, in chop it was too hard to control it.

It should be very easy to find a throttle that will work since you aren't going to shift with it, but where will you mount it?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2014 at 8:59pm
I really like the foot throttle. You can probably use an old MV1.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2014 at 9:30pm
I wouldn't change it, but if you do, there are morse throttles available. I have seen at least one late 60s cc set up with one in addition to the dash shifter. I would not go with a morse control if you are ok with keeping the shifter as is.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2014 at 9:50pm
I listed this on ebay. It's a neat old control, but I like the foot throttle a lot better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261626674241?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2014 at 10:21pm
I've got a MV1 in good condition that could help with your conversion.

John
Old school goin back to school!
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2014 at 10:25pm
Sell me the foot throttle. 860 309 7705

Jack
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2014 at 10:58pm
I thought in previous posts he was missing the foot throttle. Since he has a floor shift maybe a morse single lever control might be best. There was one in 62 woods first mustang he parted
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by cbdenco cbdenco wrote:

This place can do custom vernier style hand throttles like in the old Century's

That sure wouldn't be original!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by goldenrigley goldenrigley wrote:

I am looking to convert my foot throttle to a hand throttle. Can anyone help me out in locating one. The shifter will stay on the steering column. Thanks

Jim,
The year and model sure would help us out. Shifter on the column? Pictures please!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 4:11pm
Welcome back Pete sure have missed your KIO comments
This is the life
goldenrigley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenrigley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 12:35am
I just bought a NOS Morris control. I plan on manufacturing a wood mount to mount the control on the side of the hull below the gunnel. Keeping it out a little from the hull will allow me to mount with a few pan head screws through the hull. The boat is plywood by the way. 1962 Tournament skier.
Jim in WI
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic