NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Orlando Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orlando Reunion
    Posted: May-02-2006 at 6:49pm
I'll jump in the way DavidF did for the Texas guys. Who is planning on attending the Orlando Reunion on May 13th?

Would be cool to put faces with names and maybe we can get some pics for Keith to post.

I will be there with the '80 which I hope some of you guys have seen in my diary so stop on by if you are there.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2006 at 9:19pm
    Next year I hope!! You better still have the 80!! Dont trade it in unless its to me!!

Jeff...
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 8:57am
So exactly where is the Orlando reunion going to be??
Heath
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 9:53pm
Heath; It is held at SeaWorld of Orlando...next weekend...May 13th.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Martinique87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martinique87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2006 at 9:59pm
I was planning on being there and meeting the some of the gang from CCFan but a business trip got extended so will have to wait until next year.

Tim
tonydjd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonydjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 10:18pm
Is nobody from this site going to the reunion. By the way Jbear I took off Saturday so I can attend the party. What time are we going over.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 10:33pm
I can't believe that no one from here is goin' but us..............I want to get there as soon as they open.......I think we got there at 9am last year....Wanna meet up on 27 just before ya get on I-4?.......about 8am?...We will get the boat friday as soon as I get off the bus...get her home to detail and wash the truck....Gonna be a cool time...The way I counted the days I thought you would be on duty...cool that ya took off...Lee (sp?) and your son going too?...Sorry this got so long, should'a just e-mailed ya direct...Did ya find the trailer ok?...Thanks again..Great to be back on the road.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

We will get the boat friday as soon as I get off the bus...get her home to detail and wash the truck....

john

Hey jbear!
I thought you'd have a trailer hitch on that bus by now! Would save a lot of time......youd be popular with the kids also!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 11:24pm
I ain't all that popular really. Mr. Berry has to many rules for order and quiet and demands to much respect, something alot of these kids are not to familar with. Besides they think I am some kinda "hippy" left over form the 70's. But thats ok, my job is to get them back and forth safe and quick and that's what I do.

john

PS: what are ya "tearing up" this week?
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2006 at 12:21am
John ,
A hippy?..with RULES!? Most of the kids today dont have a CLUE as to what respect is!

BTW, I quite tearing stuff apart(for a while) and actually pressure washed the interior of the hull on the 'skier, and installed a new Hi volume electric fuel pump on my 37.. getting ready for the aluminumn heads later this year...if money holds out?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2006 at 9:02am
jbear,
I'm still coming down to Mickey-land this Saturday with the family... I'm going to try to make it over to at least say hello in the afternoon after I land and get settled.. How far is Sea World from Disney? I'm staying in a house about a mile from the main gate...

Moj'
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2006 at 12:08pm
Mojo:
Cool! Disney to SeaWorld can't be more than half hour. All the parks are fairly close. Are ya renting a car? If so, all the rental places can give ya a map. We will spend the day pretty much at SeaWorld for the Reunion. My cell is 863-604-3237. PLEASE at least give me a call. I sure hope we can meet up.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2006 at 1:14pm
John are the brush fires close to your area? I saw a couple of arial shots on the news and my girl friend has been talking about them for a couple of days now?

You guy's sure could use some rain along with the other's in the southwest where it's been dry as a bone as well.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2006 at 5:57pm
Chris: None near here yet, thanks for asking. But there are large ones near both coasts. Parts of both I-75 and I-95 have been closed. Rain fall here at this time last year was 15', this year 6' and half of that was on one day in February. Dryest March in history here. No rain April at all but today we had 3/4' this morning. Great for boating and riding the bike but bad for the lawn.

Next time you're in the nieghborhood visiting the little lady, we gotta get together.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2006 at 9:19am
What's you schedule like for the end of the month?
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2006 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Mojo:
Cool! Disney to SeaWorld can't be more than half hour. All the parks are fairly close. Are ya renting a car? If so, all the rental places can give ya a map. We will spend the day pretty much at SeaWorld for the Reunion. My cell is 863-604-3237. PLEASE at least give me a call. I sure hope we can meet up.

john

OK, will do John !! Looks like I'll be landing around noon or so.. I'll have a car with maps, no problem.. Hope to make it out for a bit...

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2006 at 1:34pm
Dave just to warn you, the traffic through Orlando on the interstate is a mess, one time it will be easy, then the next your sitting in traffic, it makes no ryme or reason. The last couple of time I've had to go through Orlando we've been stuck in traffic either coming or going and the time of day didn't make much difference, one moring we hit it then it was smooth sailing that evening and the next time at about the same time of day it was the opposite, smooth in the morning, stuck in traffic at night.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2006 at 3:41pm
Sounds just great Chris..... And here I'm going on Vaca to relax.... hell, I have that every day here in Chicago, so why not in Orlando... Thanks for the "Heads up"....
Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2006 at 4:00pm
Just give your self a little extra time to get where your going and take your time and enjoy the weather, your on vaction and shouldn't be governed by a schedule to start with. The ski hall of fame isn't to far from Orlando and I think you will have to drive past it to get to John's.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2006 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Just give your self a little extra time to get where your going and take your time and enjoy the weather, your on vaction and shouldn't be governed by a schedule to start with. The ski hall of fame isn't to far from Orlando and I think you will have to drive past it to get to John's.

That's true 79'... It's all good come vaca time !!! I'm certainly used to traffic (2 hr commute daily)... They'll be cold beer, hot tub and a cigar waiting for me each night coming home from the parks with the kids... Fat steaks on the BBQ... Yep, no schedule !!!

Moj'
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2006 at 5:18pm
Hey Mojo, where in Chicago are you. I'm sitting in Skokie right now. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2006 at 10:49pm
Brian: Skokie??!! Its a long way from Sunny California,

Chris: Right on as to the warning on I-4. No reason to the traffic on that road. We try to stay off it. To many tourist crashes. End of the month is open. You got my numbers still?
Can't wait to meet 79 in person.

Moj: Call anytime. We will be in Orlando for most of the day. Will head home to Lake Wales about 4 or 5. Gotta at least talk to you. Good tip by 79 as to the Hall Of Fame. Right off I-4 (the killer road) 2 exits past where we are. Great to see but you really need to spend at least 4 hours or more there. They have so much. Have a safe trip. Hope to get to meet or talk!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2006 at 8:52am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Hey Mojo, where in Chicago are you. I'm sitting in Skokie right now. BKH

No way,,, I'm sitting in Niles right now, about a mile or so away !!! My office is at Howard and Caldwell.. Give me a call on my cell 630-842-4124 !!!

Moj'
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2006 at 10:15pm
    WOW, all of this talk about Orlando and the reunions is making me grind my teeth since Im not going to be there....

Jbear, you sure have a good post goin!! Keep it up!!

Jeff....
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2006 at 10:38pm
Just got back from SeaWorld of Orlando. Great day! Saw lots of great boats. Many thanks to all the fine folks at Correct Craft, SECC, especially Teresa, and SeaWorld for making this great day possible.

Added bonus, I got to meet Bill Burgess (SS-201) in person and see his awesome Nautique, which must be the fastest in the world. Mojoman called on the cell but he had been delayed leaving Chi town and did not get there soon enough to get out to the Reunion. So I did not get to meet him. Maybe next time.

Almost 100 boats and 1600 (!) people made this a super day! Thanks again to all who came out. Hope you all had as much fun as I did.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2006 at 10:51am
Doesn't Bill have a Nitros system on his boat?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2006 at 9:42pm
Chris: Yes, he does. Would love to see how fast he can push that old hull. I heard someone at Orlando say "74mph" but I find that hard to believe. Awful fast for that hull. Nice guy tho and a beautiful boat. I'll bet yours is quite fast also! Didn't you ask me about the end of the month on a post about the wildfires a couple of days ago? You comin' down to see the little lady? If so, you know I'd love to meet ya.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

SS-201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS-201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2006 at 6:00am
It was nice to meet John also.
Now If you would look at the bottom you would see many changes. I built this 351 engine to produce 400 plus hp and with nitrous kit a 175 hp + approx 575 hp.
To obtain speed you not only need horses ,but torque ,RPM's, and custom props,gears,etc. The less blades the prop has the faster the boat.
Now with that being said,Nitrous 175 Kit will give you app 700 -1000 more RPM and a two blade will give you app 500-700 more RPM. Now you do the math, I really don't care what anyone thinks, it has been on the gun many times. I am sorry you are a doubting Thomas.Put this to rest.
SS 201
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2006 at 9:01pm
Bill; I did not mean to be a "doubting thomas". Very sorry to give that impression. I have been on your link site and defer to your years of experiance. I know that you know how to make a boat fast. Sure would like to hook up sometime so I could get a ride!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2006 at 8:44am
Bill besides the plate running from the strut to the rudder, what else needs to be done to the hull and I bet you scare the fisherman screaming past them.

John, I get in town late next Tuesday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic