Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upholstrey Prices

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1998Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upholstrey Prices
    Posted: May-02-2006 at 8:27pm
What is upholstery worth, just the material?
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2006 at 11:51pm
Much less than the labor! ...if you do a google search you can find prices...there are some very cool choices these days! I just dropped seats off yesterday and saw a bunch of cool vinyls.
On the net check out Garys upholstery....good prices and selections.
The local shop here , had stuff I had not seen before on the net...metalics , brushed alluminum and carbon fibers...funky stuff....I decided to put silver and black in a 72 orange SN.The stuff has a metal like sheen.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 12:06am
Stang

Those colors you chose sound great! Can't wait to see the pics.
Scott
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 12:10am
I don't know about that Gary. Where I come from Silver and Black is never mixed with orange. BKH

Livin' the Dream

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 8:13pm
Bkh....should there be a pic?

You might be riding in that one ya know...close your eyes if it makes you dizzy

Silver, black and orange....kinda the harley scheme I guess...it's funky and cool!
stang

The Super Air

coreytread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 10:13pm
Im going to be told Im paying too much but on the interior going in my boat it will be white with a light blue strip and a dark blue strip with black piping. The seats will all have a little correct craft emblem sewn in, Im paying about 4000$ for all work done recovering and so on. When I was looking into interior prices and researching I found you pay for what you get. Hope this helped a little
MarkSN82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkSN82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 10:40pm
I am sending my 82 Nautique in on Thursday to get the seats and carpet done. I live 30 miles North of Dallas and I plan on sharing my photos with all when I get the boat back and then I will let you know how much I paid. I know they say you get what you paid for, but they also say, "You got ripped off."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 11:28pm
I hope Im not on the end of you got ripped off. If the quality is there and craftsmanship is too I wont be that upset if its a little high. I also had all the wood replaced that goes along with the front and observers bench, now you got me thinkin its too high crap.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 11:58pm
BKH,
I think stang's into "funk"... I think he also has/had a green and yellow CC? One things for sure .. chances of seeing another like these on the lake is pretty small!

BTW , stang I like it...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2006 at 12:12am
Originally posted by coreytread coreytread wrote:

I hope Im not on the end of you got ripped off. If the quality is there and craftsmanship is too I wont be that upset if its a little high. I also had all the wood replaced that goes along with the front and observers bench, now you got me thinkin its too high crap.

Im not sure what year your boat is (which would indicate the complexity of the interior), but $4k may not be a bad price. Once you consider the true factory skins (with embroidery), foam, seat bases and installation, that number could be pretty reasonable.

My boat has a lot of interior skins (compared to some of the older boats). The quotes I got for original stuff was in the ballpark of $2500 + $1200 for the foam and install.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2006 at 1:28am
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Bkh....should there be a pic?

You might be riding in that one ya know...close your eyes if it makes you dizzy

Silver, black and orange....kinda the harley scheme I guess...it's funky and cool!

Well, I tried to post the home page for the Raider Nation. I guess the file size was too large. Orange(Broncos) is probably the most despised color. BKH
Livin' the Dream

joed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2006 at 7:24am
Hello,

I'm a newbie on the forum... great information!

I'm redoing the upholstery in my "new" 1986. You might want to check out www.rochfordsupply.com for marine vinyl. Good selection, service, and price.

I also bought an old industrial sewing machine off ebay, and I'm teaching myself to sew. It's not that hard if your handy. I'm replacing some wood and foam also.

Vinyl costs = $150 (15 yards of 54" goods)
Sewing machine = $250
Wood = $100
Foam = $125
------------
Total = $625 plus alot of labor

But at the price of vinyl... I can do 2 or 3 interiors as my skills increase.

Thanks for all the great info!

Joe D
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2006 at 8:01am
1998nautique.

Take a look at my boat in this thread. I was quoted $3000 for all new wood, foam and vinyl. No way I was going to spend that much on a boat that old so I had Midwest Correct Craft make up the skins and I did the rest, they used my old ones for patterns. That cost me $950. Plywood,staples, screws, fiberglass and resin, and some foam cost me another $250.

Took a lot of hours and covering the motorbox is a real challenge. Glad I did it, learned something new and saved some money in the process.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2006 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by coreytread coreytread wrote:

Im not sure what year your boat is (which would indicate the complexity of the interior), but $4k may not be a bad price. Once you consider the true factory skins (with embroidery), foam, seat bases and installation, that number could be pretty reasonable.

My boat has a lot of interior skins (compared to some of the older boats). The quotes I got for original stuff was in the ballpark of $2500 + $1200 for the foam and install.

My boat is a 77 but after I got looking at the price Im paying it makes sense cause I got all new foam and I had custom combing pads installed along with arm rests that go along the back seat with a stereo remote control installed and cup holders. So that is alot of work and custom stuff always costs alot more than factory. thanks you made me feel better.
MarkSN82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkSN82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2006 at 10:35pm
Ok my boat is still in the shop. I am paying $1,100.00 for the seats and arm rest to be recovered, with some new foam in the driver's seat. New carpet and a sheet of marine plywood for a piece of the floor and the battery cover. I can't wait to get it back. So it sounds like all of us are in the same boat on the pricing.
1998Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 12:04pm
I'am paying $450 for the whole back seat, and the side panels. Plus Material.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 4:57pm
With the weather like it is here in east texas today, I would pay a couple extra grand tro have mine done wright now.
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 5:57pm
Hey Corey, are you on Palestine?
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 6:02pm
Lake Jacksonville,I live across the street, yeah it sucks not access, I live across the street from the east shore.
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 6:05pm
I'm in a similar situation. Lots of homes on the lake in my hood, just not mine. We have family in Tyler and get down there a couple times of year.
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
MarkSN82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkSN82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 7:56pm
Corey,

Lake Jacksonville doesn't look that big. We are going out to Lake Bridgeport this weekend.

Did you read my dairy? Can't wait to show off the new photos.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 8:11pm
Surface water the lake is 1320 acres, not a huge lake but big enough to always find great water for sking and footin. Ill post lots of pics, The ski course just got set back up for this year and some buddies of mine are trying to get permission from the city to put up some slidders for wakeboarding. havent read your diary yet but Ill check it out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 8:16pm
just looked it up bridgeport is ten times larger just for some size comparison.
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 8:48pm
Hey Mark, put a link in your signature to your diary. I'd like to check it out too.
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2006 at 10:00am
Brian....oh , I get it! Raiders - Bronco thing!
That , I should have figured out...I used to live in Co.
stang

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic