NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft Clocks for Sale

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft Clocks for Sale
    Posted: November-30-2014 at 1:27pm
Don't you just hate it when someone charges you for your custom graphics and then they turn around and market it on their own?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-CORRECT-CRAFT-BOAT-MARINE-square-GLASS-replacment-clock-FACE-FOR-PAM-/301359160071?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item462a67db07
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Don't you just hate it when someone charges you for your custom graphics and then they turn around and market it on their own?

Bruce,
I'm not following. Fill me in.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 1:36pm
Steve 62Wood had someone make one of those up a few years ago. I thinking it was this guy. I've had someone charge me to make custom graphics only to see them add the design to their inventory. It would seem to me if they were going to charge you to make it up, you'd own it, although it's a pretty grey area as it's Correct Craft's to begin with.
Nice clock anyway. I thought Steve would find it interesting.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 1:41pm
Bruce,
Thanks for the explanation. Even if the person paying for the graphic work asks for it back, he may give you a copy and then use the graphics later.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 1:42pm
I've seen those on ebay and wondered bout that. I thought Steve found his on ebay didn't know he had ordered it....Heck, for that much you'd think the guy would install a clock in it too. I hope it isn't the same guy who charged Steve a set up fee for it....He'll chime in he sooner or later.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 1:53pm
I think that was Steve too. He already had a clock just had a new face made I think. Look on ebay for a PAM clock very expensive now days and more than just the clock I believe they had a frame and lighting behind them
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 10:10pm
Yep, I already had the Pam clock with a "Celotex Insulation" face. I got it back in the 70's when I worked at a lumber yard. They were remodeling and were going to throw it out. I took it home and used it in my garage.

Fast forward to 1990... we moved... and it had been hanging in my "pseudo corn crib shop" up until a couple of years ago when I decided it would make a great shop clock in my "new" garage. But, the graphics were pretty much shot. Soooo, I started researching new graphics and came across this guy online that did custom clock faces. (at that time I didnt know he sold on ebay).

Even tho my Classic is a 62, I sent him a copy of the cover of the 65 Classic brochure to use for the graphics. When I talked to him right before shipping the new face, he made a comment on how much he liked the way it turned out... Obviously he also likes it a lot ..

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 10:32pm
Is the price any different Steve?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 10:32pm
Gary,
I think I paid around $80.00, can't remember if freight was on top of that.

Btw, I do have another original CC clock I thought about having redone....... but he aint getting this one..

The one above is my shop clock.... the "Classic clock" is in my office at work.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2014 at 11:00am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Bruce,
Thanks for the explanation. Even if the person paying for the graphic work asks for it back, he may give you a copy and then use the graphics later.

Who owns the artwork is really a matter of how the person/company doing the work spells it out in their terms and conditions. In my print business WE own all artwork created by us, a client is merely paying us to create or recreate a design and prepare it for printing. We charge for screens, set ups, digitizing,etc but a client will never pay for "artwork" per se.

This is always a tricky subject but the reality is a client would never pay what it would actually cost someone to reproduce most artwork, in Steve case there's no way that for $80 he paid for artwork. I'm sure that printer had reselling it in mind from the start. That's the main reason we don't do one off pieces, you can't make a living at it.

In our case we are usually working with larger quantity orders so the art cost is worked into the per piece price, a client will pay for screens and color separations but again not the actual artwork created by us. That's where you see many printers advertise "free" artwork, you didn't pay for it so you don't own it. The print business is cut throat so to prevent a customer from going down the road for 10 cents less per shirt we don't arm them with their artwork and allow them to do so. Now if a competitor actually wants to steal a client away from us for 10 cents per shirt the competitor at least has to invest in creating the "free" artwork on his own dime. It's more to prevent our competition from stealing a client than anything else.

So,in the end I don't think Steve has been done wrong and please don't be fooled into thinking that guy is making a living selling clock fronts for $59 a pop.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic