NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro Air Rear Seat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro Air Rear Seat
    Posted: December-05-2014 at 11:47am
Anybody have a photo of the stock rear seat in a 2000 Pro Air?

-The Vinyl in my boat is pretty terrible but livable for next season with the exception of the rear sundeck/rear bottom seat cushion. What came out is one big cushion and from what little good pictures I've found it looks as though it started out factory with 3- separate cushions?

Thanks in advance!
Trey
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2014 at 12:20pm
Search out "IAughtNaut" post when he had his interior redone, may be before and after shots there. IIRC my 99' was 3 separate cushions??
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2014 at 12:24pm
Found it.. And did some google searching.

Yes, it appears it was 3 seperate. The Fiberglass/Carpet cover for the fuel tank doesn't have any dividers or anything thought would help with splitting up the under cushion areas for storage so I guess it really doesn't matter.

The single cushion that was in there was also the only thing in the boat with a plywood backer so I figured it wasn't Original .
tjca77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjca77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2014 at 1:58pm
I have a 2000 air and can confirm there are three cushions across the back seat.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2014 at 2:01pm
So my next question... I don't have to have the three cushions. The single one is fine and looked decent fit wise it's just dried out and cracked.

Should I try to find something other than plywood for the base if I'm going to stay with a large single cushion?

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2014 at 2:12pm
Exterior or marine plywood (both waterproof glue) treated with CPES and a layer or two of cloth and epoxy resin should last a decade or two.

A big piece of plastic (Starboard) is going to cost more, but with that large of a size I'd be concerned with it cracking if mishandled.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2014 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

A big piece of plastic (Starboard) is going to cost more, but with that large of a size I'd be concerned with it cracking if mishandled.

Correct craft wasn't. All tsc2/3 196/206 (and 216?) had single cushion rear seat bottoms. They used xpvc, not starboard. I'd expect either to be cheaper than marine ply by quite a bit, and probably comparable or less than regular ply once cpes, resin and glass are added to the cost.

The brochures in the reference section usually have some decent interior pictures to check out.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2014 at 2:41pm
Hmm,

One of my vendors sells XPVC and I have a router table, waterjet, etc...

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2014 at 3:30pm
A seat bottom is a pretty good application for plain ol pressure treated plywood, with no coating required so no worries about adhesion issues. I don't have any problem with the plastic solutions either, but if I was going to use wood - I wouldn't mess with anything not treated.   Easier to get a staple into plain ol pressure treated as well.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2014 at 1:56pm
The benefit to the three-cushion model is you can remove the center section when boarding or skiing. This way people getting in and out of the boat (via the swim platform) aren't stepping on your cushions and weakening the seams.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2014 at 7:29pm
The middle cushion is always left behind. It is still like new    If someone wants to sit in the middle use a vest.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2014 at 1:41pm
If you still need it, here is a shot of my rear seat (1999 Pro Air). Sorry for the poor quality.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2014 at 1:50pm
Thanks for the pictures and advise.

I like the idea of the step up/through without stepping on the seats. Christies' has a couple of the rear cushions on clearance so I might scoop those up.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2014 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

The middle cushion is always left behind. It is still like new    If someone wants to sit in the middle use a vest.

Not sure if the 3-cushion design was different between models or years, but the middle cushion on my cousins '99SN doesn't need to be removed- just flipped upside down and reinstalled as a step instead of a cushion.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic