NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1977 Tique Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2014 at 2:02am
I live downtown so Brecksville is only about 25 minutes from me. I've never torn one apart myself but I've been in and out of them at each stage and might be able to provide some help. What's the goal on the boat? in the water this year? What's the power plant and does it run?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
mykuz2win View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykuz2win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2014 at 1:40am
IAughtNaut - thanks for the quick response! The boat is in Brecksville at my dad's house, I come home from Philly for work weekends. Appreciate the offer...I'm sure there will be many head-scratching moments.

And I appreciate the photos of the stands. I'll recreate those soon prior to pulling any stringers.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2014 at 1:24am
something like this

Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

I'm not the carpenter some of these guys are, and I don't have all the fancy woodworking tools. Nonetheless, these are the stands I made for my stringer job. They are quite sturdy. I used scrap lumber sitting around the house, and a bunch of screws that have been sitting in the cupboard forever. Only had to buy 4 Bolts. Total invested $3 and some time. BKH

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2014 at 1:10am
And the answer to stabilizing the hull is yes.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2014 at 1:09am
That certainly is a project. Looks like fun.
I can't help but notice your profile says Cleveland, I'd love to come lend a hand. What part of Cleveland?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
mykuz2win View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykuz2win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2014 at 12:43am
Hello CCF,

Been following along for quite some time now, and finally got a chance to start my own restoration. She's a 77 tique that has been ignored for too long. Needs a complete restoration...see photos below.

As you can see, the restoration has begun. I'm at the point where I am going to rip the floor out and any foam. I'm sure that'll be a mess.

My question to the group is: Is it worth stabilizing the hull with support other than what the trailer provides?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Alex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic