NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First Build since the accident

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Build since the accident
    Posted: January-19-2015 at 11:58pm
Well, the neck is a little sore (ok, its a lot sore, but don't tell my wife...) but I put this together today. Not really a hard build, just a lot, a lot o' parts...

Silly Video:

Hollywood, you will have to re-learn where the tools are in the garage, I should be able to get rid of the pile on top of the tool bench too.

FrankenOtter, the OCD will soon be better...
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 12:06am
Steve
I was just thinking we were due for an update from you. Nice project. Glad to see you participating in some good guy stuff. I bet it makes your sole feel good even if it is a pain in the neck. Listen to your body, don't push too hard.
Dave.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 12:15am
The lid on the cooler didn't move.
Tim D
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 12:43am
Great to see some project Steve,I imagine you could be going a little stir crazy without something to keep you occupied.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 1:29am
Glad to see idle hands are not an issue.........

I could use some help here in SW Va, if you are lookin' for somethin' to do.....

Fun Update!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 2:23am
YAY!

I will gladly forget where everything was before. Anyone should have no problem finding things now.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 7:57am
I second Steve's comment/request. When the garage is done there is the Mustang.....
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 8:44am
Steve,
I'm glad to see you are to the point to move on to project. Keep up the good work. When I built my shop, my concern was always being able to find tools/equipment in the cabinets especially with memory fading with age! For Christmas, I asked for a label maker so now all the cabinets have been coded with an ID. As I put items away, I write down the location. The next step will be to find a computer program with a search feature, make all my entries so I can easily find what I'm looking for.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 9:15am
Steve - Good to hear you're getting your mojo back.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 10:08am
Congrats Steve! That looks to be a pretty killer set up too Jealous.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 1:51pm
Tim - Ahh but the cooler did move (at least the cooler lid). More importantly the hammer really didn't move either, other then to re-position from the floor to the bench top and then again as the shelves started stacking up.

Steve & Greg; I would love to come work on your projects, but then there is that whole work thing. For whatever reason we had MLK Day off at Motorola, so seemed like a perfect time to get this project done.

Pete - dang man, that set up is nicer then a lot of kitchens I have seen! Some day when I build a standalone shop and get out of the garage, I will have to come back to these pics. Sounds like you are needing some inventory management software to meet you needs - GREAT idea!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Steve,
I'm glad to see you are to the point to move on to project. Keep up the good work. When I built my shop, my concern was always being able to find tools/equipment in the cabinets especially with memory fading with age! For Christmas, I asked for a label maker so now all the cabinets have been coded with an ID. As I put items away, I write down the location. The next step will be to find a computer program with a search feature, make all my entries so I can easily find what I'm looking for.

Pete, I love that idea with bin locations in a computer data base. You could even make a editable PDF doccument and just use the control find feature any computer has.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Pete, I love that idea with bin locations in a computer data base. You could even make a editable PDF doccument and just use the control find feature any computer has.

You can and I would have to learn!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 8:05pm

Steve,

That is a dream place for me. That looks like a straight up Tool Shop T.V. Show Setup. ONe day for me is all I can say. Looks really good Pete!
1972 Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 8:24pm
Pete's got his flex four and utility boat to work on seems like skutsch needs a project to break that new bench in...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Chevy350 Chevy350 wrote:

Looks really good Pete!

Justin,
Thanks. The complete build and others is in this thread: show me you garage mine starting on about page 2.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

I'm thinking that you guys are in big trouble if the F12 key breaks.
As to the label maker we had a manager who on one of the guy's last day before retiring made him go thru his truck and label what was in all the bins. We all had a laugh when we looked in after he left,the bins were labeled Telephone Stuff,and more Telephone Stuff
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

we had a manager who on one of the guy's last day before retiring made him go thru his truck and label what was in all the bins.

Many managers seem to come out of the same sadistic mold!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 10:07pm
Seems to me pi$$ing a guy off on his last day and then handing him a label maker is just a bad idea. I can imagine what some of those labels said.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 10:09pm
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 10:15pm
Pete
Why not totally automate, put those little RFID stickers on all your stuff (and one to identify you in the pocket of your monogrammed button-up and then build yourself a voice activated garage-bot to fetch whatever you need. It would be just like having a kid, without the goofing off, bent props, and college tuition. Name it the KRU (Kid Replacement Unit).
1987 Ski Nautique

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Seems to me pi$$ing a guy off on his last day and then handing him a label maker is just a bad idea. I can imagine what some of those labels said.

He was the kind of guy that never got mad and you could swear Eddie and him were brothers. He was laughing all the way out the door
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 11:56pm

Originally posted by Chevy350 Chevy350 wrote:

Looks really good Pete!

Justin,
Thanks. The complete build and others is in this thread: show me you garage mine starting on about page 2.

That's another thread that blows my mind. You truely are a man with amazing craftmanship!
1972 Mustang
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2015 at 1:06am
Steve...Glad to hear you are getting back in the groove of "fixin' stuff", and putting things together. Got to be a good feeling for you, albeit a bit sore.

Pete....Killer shop! I would be up there working on antique John Deere tractors, vintage Ford trucks, and classic Harleys, and then head over to Weasel's for a cold beer or two after a long day of wrenching.
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2015 at 1:19am
I can't wait to get over there once the tools are organized. I'm going to move one tool from each drawer to a different (non-related) drawer.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2015 at 1:23am
Long day of wrenching?? You get a half hour,the other seven and a half is spent cleaning up and trying to get the pc going to find out where to put the tools back!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2015 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

I can't wait to get over there once the tools are organized. I'm going to move one tool from each drawer to a different (non-related) drawer.

I can wait. I'm afraid this might turn out to be a bigger version of Quinners tool box
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2015 at 8:10am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

head over to Weasel's for a cold beer or two after a long day of wrenching.

Dave,
Nice idea but the only problem is Weasels but down about 4 years ago!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2015 at 9:58am
I know it did Pete! I was never there, but, I know of the place. My wife tells me I can't hang around in places like that:).
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2015 at 10:00am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

I was never there,

Why do I find this hard to believe?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic