NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

buckethead 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 10>
Author
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 11:09am
+1 for CCF Sunday Funday team 1   

See Ya'll on Friday @ Rick's
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 12:46pm
It sounds like there has been an awful lot of off line planning going into this event this year as people keep mentioning they will be there. Other than the regulars, I pick up on Tim B going, Dave Hart, Joe F, Toertel (for sunday fun) Hollywood....Who all is participating, how many teams have CCF representation. what boats.....Inquiring minds want to know.

It looks like a blast. Sadly, I no longer have that kind of endurance. Plus my feet flame out about 3/4 the way around my lake which is no more than 3/4 of a mile.    Good luck, have fun, lots of videos. I have a feeling its not as easy as the good ones make it look.
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 1:00pm
Not sure how many but there are 12 teams running again this year. 87bfn will be there running his 99 196 with his built 502 and me pfelgner, I have a team running an 87 bfn. There are usually always 8 bfn's at this race. I bet we'll see at least 12 bfn's there but not all running the race.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 1:08pm
We'll have at least 2 bfn's there (mine and dhart's), 3 if hw drags Johnny's down. I think Zach is bringing his 2001, joe may be boat less. Our sat team is hw, dhart, Zach, brad, Scott monohan and me. I think a bunch of us are planning to foot sun as well, we'll see how the feet feel, ha. Word is St Onge is skiing this year, should be interesting.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 1:15pm
Hope you guys do well. Just be safe, fresh oil change for the race boat, watch the engine temp - its a long way. Go FAST!!!
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 1:15pm
Steve, Joe and me plan to foot Sunday
Steve will bring his BFN for Sunday
Paul aka gundriver will be there as well and volunteers to drive on Sunday but I thibk we can get him to foot.
I plan on taking tons of pics Saturday or help the CCF footers best I can (let me know what ya need, meet at gas dock etc)
WBC is a sponsor of the event and looks like KSO will foot
1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Hope you guys do well. Just be safe, fresh oil change for the race boat, watch the engine temp - its a long way. Go FAST!!!

If you have a spare BFN, I can drive it to the halway point as a backup
1994 Sport Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

It sounds like there has been an awful lot of off line planning going into this event this year as people keep mentioning they will be there. .

I don't know of this planning of which you speak as mine consisted of a couple text messages last night to find out if anyone was staying at my house along the way and another this morning to find out what hotel people were staying in..

But it sounds to me like it’s gonna be a party. I have been a little busy with work travel and trying to get as much summer in as I can when I am around so as Tim mentioned it is my intent to leave the boat at home and bum rides. I just signed up for Sunday funday footing, which is a stretch considering in the past 12 months I have taken a total of 8 barefoot runs that probably don’t add up to larrys 3/4s of the way around the lake… but I’ll take my turns and hold on till I can’t. they say anything goes on Sunday boom, backerds, etc.. so we will get back eventually. I just booked a room at the holiday inn with two queen beds so anyone looking to come up last minute (to foot or watch) I can help with a place to stay. Sounds like the new England crew will get to my house Thursday and head out Friday morning for a quick 458 mile 7.5 hour drive to Napoleon OH.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 3:08pm
Buckethead is always fun but I usually don't stay. Maybe I should. See you all friday night.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 3:10pm
Maintenance as we speak
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 12:12am
Starting to pack up the gear. My wife says she might put a quick coat of wax on the boat. I think she likes when I leave for the weekend.
We're bringing my '90 to pull the Burning Soles team on Saturday. We will also have 2-3 guys who will foot on Sunday. I'm bummed to find out today that my buddy Shawn is not bringing his '91 BFN. I'm working on him to bring it.
We're staying at the Crandall campground. Trust me, it's always a party at Mark and Sandy's.
If you have any questions about the weekend, don't hesitate to ask. We've been involved since the beginning.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 8:45am
I forgot to mention;
For you guys on the fence about footing on Sunday, don't worry. It's all for fun.
If your worried about footing on Saturday, don't sweat it. I'm footing Saturday, and I have not had a run of more than 1/4 mile this year (basically our barefoot line in our ski shows, and a couple of dock flyers). One of the coolest parts of the Saturday race is all the boats at the finish line cheering on the teams as they finish. Trust me, the last place team gets the biggest cheer.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 10:14am
Woooooo!!! I am pumped to ski. Sorry for being a little absent around here lately. Got some things figured out at N3 and should be back on track like normal. There have been some road blocks this year but we are hoping to be on the up swing this winter/spring season.

Joe, feel free to captain the 85 during the Saturday race if you wish. The carb is acting slightly funny from my Alabama trip but it'll get the job done for the weekend. We are all planning on being there a little later in the day on Friday to take a river tour from Mark to point out possible shallow spots and practice some hot starts with the race line. So, if anyone is there boatless Friday afternoon hop in for the river tour. Plenty of boats to roll with.

From what I hear our team is feeling pretty darn good on our feet and we are skiing with a top notch boat and set of driver so it should be a good time.

Also, KSO is skiing on the team that usually finishes second or third so it will be interesting haha.

Tim, shall we do a step off battle behind Paul's boat since it'll be there? haha.

Steve, I've tried to get Brendan to ski all sumer but he's to busy with his honey do list !
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 10:48am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Joe, feel free to captain the 85 during the Saturday race if you wish. The carb is acting slightly funny from my Alabama trip but it'll get the job done for the weekend.

Does this mean I should bring my tools and some gaskets...

I had my paypal for the sunday race returned, anyone know what is up with that?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 10:54am
Sunday race is still on but not enough pre orders for the shirt, so no shirt whichbis why you got the money back
Sunday Funday is on thou
1994 Sport Nautique
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 10:58am
I got the majority of the prep work done last night and plan to take off Thursday morning. Looking forward to seeing the crew and meeting the other teams Friday.   
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 11:16am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Joe, feel free to captain the 85 during the Saturday race if you wish. The carb is acting slightly funny from my Alabama trip but it'll get the job done for the weekend.

Does this mean I should bring my tools and some gaskets...

I had my paypal for the Sunday race returned, anyone know what is up with that?

Nah, I think it was vaporizing the fuel in the idle circuits down in Bama because it was so dang hot. It would act like you turned the key off as soon as you closed the butterflies past the transition circuit. I tossed a new ballast resistor on because the output looked a little high. Seemed to help slightly but it did it one more time. Air temp was hovering right at 100.

It just doesn't idle quite as well as it did before the trip. Maybe crap in the idle circuits. Just requires a little more of a fuel squirt sometimes on a hot start. and idles a little more rough when it's cold. Quick fuel will come around in the spring I think.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 7:32am
Installed new LED lights on the trailer last night.    Ready to Rock! See Ya'll Friday night at Ricks!
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 10:47am
Looks like this is turning into a rather extravagant CCF mini!
Besides a large number of BFN's it appears there will also be a 2001, a 95 SN and a Fish!
I'm looking forward to the weekend and will make sure to snap tons of pics
Skutch, it's only a 5hr drive for you, so come an bring the bass (yes you can fish in the morning)
Greg, burn some of them airline miles and come
Timbob, jump on a Delta flight

See ya all at the bar Friday (or on the river before that)
1994 Sport Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 10:54am
Seb - it is an interesting idea, but alas, I have children activities to tend to this weekend, we are full on with the high school volleyball season and their is a tournament on Saturday. In a few years my kids will be gone and we will be bored and the time will be right for fun little trips to OH!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 11:40am
Just got off the phone with Brian aka Buckethead.
He was asking me how many BFN's I thought there might be. I'm guessing 10+. He was thinking that makes for an incredible photo op. We had (6) together two years ago, but we should be able to blow that number out of the water.
How many from this site are going? My '90

We were thinking the schedule of events might go like this (subject, and likely to change);

Rick's Sports Bar and Grill Friday night.
Race from 6:30 launch, 7:30 start, to finish around 9:30 (1st place finish around 8:30, but who cares about them)
Apre' race get together from 10:00-12:00ish
Back on the water and hopefully the sand bar, after refueling the boats and coolers, by 1:30.
Back to the campsite for drinks, cards, dice, boat ogling, and whatever else comes up

Can't wait.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 11:44am
I'm bringing my DSLR, let's try to snap some calendar shots so that Timbob doesn't get all the glory LOL
1994 Sport Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 12:54pm
90 - tullfooter
88 - DHart
87 - pfelgner
86 - 86BFN
79 - TRBenj

phatsak should have a handle on the central IN crew
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 1:44pm
Good luck guys, and safe travels to all involved. Whats the name of the CCFan team?

TimBob has his daughter this weekend and hasn't seen her in 2 weeks so no jumping on flight for me. Since Seb is not footing I expect to see some good snaps taken unlike CQ's lil' mini he had. A good photographer is hard to find round here. A couple of us here and there just don't cut it.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 1:58pm
Quinner does not allow any photographic equipment at his events, it's all taken away at the entrance to the compound, I don't want to risk being on the do not invite list for the next event if I try to sneak anything in.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 2:26pm
I Just talked to Brain, he said someone was bringing a drone for filming! I'm thinking I may have to bring the BFN over for Saturday's post race adventures'   
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 4:44pm
Mark- 91 Footer (wolf pack)
TJ- 91 Footer (Red/Black/White)
Teddy/Kelly- 90 Footer (Pink/Black/White)
Vince- 90 Footer (Red/Black/White)

Another river resident Tayte should be there in his Maroon 88 Footer

Klosterman may be in a red 88 Footer but last I saw it was for sale.

I don't think Sean is bring his blue 91.

Brian isn't bringing the reverse gel 86

Teddy isn't bringing the yellow/grey 89
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 5:12pm
Klosterman's is an 89. If he goes and the local burgandy shows up that is 12!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2015 at 11:47am
Change of plans, BK is bringing the reverse gel 86 now.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2015 at 5:38pm
Wow! What a Great turn out of CCFan's, It was Great to meet Ya'll. The weather held out perfectly and I believe a Great Time was had by all. (Except for maybe Ben, and I'm sure he had a great time right up until the Accident). He will be OK I'm sure. Thanks to all for the kind words on my BFN. I was just one MANY! It was Great to see my old friends, and make many new ones. Looking forward to SundayFunday! We'll do it all over again! Can't wait to see all Sebastian's great photos, as I did not take any this year. ( I was too busy having fun.) Special thanks to my nephew Lance for spending all day Friday making my Boat Sparkle.    
Can't wait to hear everyone's account, of their experiences from the day. Especially the first timers. Thanks again to everyone for making this one heck of a day on the water!

Cheers!     
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic