NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

buckethead 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910>
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 5:39pm
Article on Top Gun and the Dam to Dam by Chuck Gleason back in 2010. Cites some pretty impressive numbers on Top Gun's part. By what you guys were saying, they were at the Buckethead? I guess they don't run the Ski Pro anymore, or do they save that for "Special Occasions?" Does the Buckethead allow them, or do you have to use an inboard. If its half speed and half transitions, I am guessing Tim had the fastest boat there, no? Gotta toughen up those feet, boys.

http://www.barefootcentral.info/SFTR_USA_2010D2D.htm
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 5:42pm
No skipro at buckethead and Topgun sold theres. Inboard only at Buckethead. Fastest boat there was James Braggs 196ski with a built 502.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 5:44pm
There might be a couple races out there still running any boat you bring. Canadian race allows outboards and inboard but think they make them different divisions
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 5:56pm
Gents, rhe fundraiser merchandise sale is up onhttp://bhbarefoot.com
1994 Sport Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by pfelgner pfelgner wrote:

Fastest boat there was James Braggs 196ski with a built 502.

That boat is fast for sure... second fastest at least, fastest well that I don't know about
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:10pm
They had Wayne King on gps at 57.5 mph footing. I have been in it without at footer at 62 mph
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:11pm
I would like to keep the skin on my feet. I stand on concrete for 10 hour days at work. Lol
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:12pm
I would bet some cash with a boat full of people the 79 would pull a skier 60+ if we had some of the passengers in the rear. It has been 66+ with no skier.

Unfortunately, nobody else on the team has a boat fast enough to train to use the 79 to its full potential ha.
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:19pm
Would love to see it. I always hear talk but can only speak for the 1 I have been in. Think we should hold a drag race for those who want to have some more fun lol.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:20pm
Hint hint, Tim's 79 BFN is faster than James' 99 SN.

I can train at 70+ but I don't think I will (and it won't be behind an inboard).
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:24pm
I can't believe they weren't set up. I have been in Tim's with all seats occupied at well over 60.

Are IOs and OBs not allowed due to safety reasons?
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:26pm
We had a drag race Pat
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:31pm
LMAO
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

I would bet some cash with a boat full of people the 79 would pull a skier 60+ if we had some of the passengers in the rear. It has been 66+ with no skier.

Unfortunately, nobody else on the team has a boat fast enough to train to use the 79 to its full potential ha.

Tim or Joe: How does the BFN drive in the lower 60's, never mind what happens to the skiers feet (yes save your skin), could the BFN even be driven (even somewhat on the crazy side of safe - I mean because you are, after all, RACING) that fast pulling a skier?
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I can train at 70+ but I don't think I will (and it won't be behind an inboard).

I think we should try it once though...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I have been in Tim's with all seats occupied at well over 60.

Here's Video Proof!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:47pm
The bfn is very docile at high speeds, not at all like a flat bottom inboard. I don't know if it would pull 60 with a boat full of dudes and a footer in tow, maybe if measured with a GPS going down river with a 1-2mph current.

Going wot for the whole race is pretty tough on equipment, I don't feel bad running below the boats capabilities- seems like extra power on tap is a good idea. That means we can go a little faster next year with some training and not have to modify the boat.

I'm thinking a few hull mods for next year instead, maybe patch the bilge pump line too, that way brad won't have to unbuckle his straps before getting in.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:54pm
Might use a little more oil at WOT all the time ha.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by pfelgner pfelgner wrote:

Would love to see it. I always hear talk but can only speak for the 1 I have been in. Think we should hold a drag race for those who want to have some more fun lol.

Might travel for that.
Js
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 7:22pm
Sure does sound good. Love the talk lol. Zach drag race for me, na it was fun running along side you guys and make the fun even better. We should run a few boats sude by side with footers. That would be cool. Not a fan of beating the boat at wot and is why we never ran it that way during the race. We seam to go farther at 43 then at 46 so I'll take the distance anytime besides were there for the fun. There is only 3 teams probably that are there for the bragging rights and were not one. Always fun guys and look forward to next year already.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 7:24pm
WOW! To the video!! I screamed at the 27 sec mark, and then HOLY SUPER CC, at the 59 mark! 4 people on board, what the GPS say?
Js
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 7:29pm
Next year will run Ryan's 85 be nice to change boats up every other year.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Toertel Toertel wrote:

Gents, rhe fundraiser merchandise sale is up onhttp://bhbarefoot.com

Thanks Sebastian!
Brian was going to visit Ben today. He will report back and I will pass it on for those interested. Ben is still at ft. wayne and will be for some time, I plan to visit him after the next surgery as he is 45 min from me.

Now back to this Racing Discussion!    

👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 7:46pm
It'll run into the low 60's any given day, it'll creep into the mid 60's under ideal ambient and loading conditions with the right prop. It ran 66 down at white lake a few years ago but it's never done any better than 64 at home, and even that requires the stars to be in alignment. 62 is about right with the normal prop, but it'll do close to that with a boat load of people. I am about 100rpm off last year since I added the mufflers. That and the shorter 430 I've been running to boost the holeshot with a load, it runs about 59 or so. Hung right with my cousins (stock) Python out of the hole though- at least it would have if the tranny hadn't popped out of gear (and we still ran even to 50). Not sure how fast it'll pull a footer, Scott was the only volunteer and I didn't GPS it, unfortunately. A few slight modifications and it'll run faster, but I'm pretty pleased with the way it ran this weekend.

Now just wait until Dave builds that 489/496 for his '88! That'll be a monster.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I am about 100rpm off last year since I added the mufflers.

You did what?   

BTW
If I could interrupt just one more time, Those T Shirts are Totally Freakin' Awesome and a MUST HAVE for any Barefooter!   

Not to mention the Great Cause!     

OK go on...
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 8:40pm
Jerry....Tim's boat was loaded down with peeps when I shot that video....At least 3 of us in the back, Reid, Laurie, and ???? with Uncle Todd at the helm....if you listen closely you hear Reid say 60.2.

I highly recommend adding a ride in the Benjamin 79' Barefoot to your bucket list.... You won't regret it!

** EDIT** A ride with "Rocketman Fennessy" should be on your bucket list as well.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

We have to go pro our race next year.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 10:37pm
Anything over 55 is way fast too me. Can't even imagine footing close to 50 .
That being said I did enjoy the video. Hats off to you all.
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 10:51pm
Tim's boat is the most fun I have ever had in a Nautique. As far as rough waters go it is a very stable ride even in some rollers. I would buy a BFN just to build one like it.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

It'll run into the low 60's any given day, it'll creep into the mid 60's under ideal ambient and loading conditions with the right prop. It ran 66 down at white lake a few years ago but it's never done any better than 64 at home, and even that requires the stars to be in alignment. 62 is about right with the normal prop, but it'll do close to that with a boat load of people. I am about 100rpm off last year since I added the mufflers. That and the shorter 430 I've been running to boost the holeshot with a load, it runs about 59 or so. Hung right with my cousins (stock) Python out of the hole though- at least it would have if the tranny hadn't popped out of gear (and we still ran even to 50). Not sure how fast it'll pull a footer, Scott was the only volunteer and I didn't GPS it, unfortunately. A few slight modifications and it'll run faster, but I'm pretty pleased with the way it ran this weekend.

Now just wait until Dave builds that 489/496 for his '88! That'll be a monster.

No offense to either the boat or Scott but I am not sure that Scott's size is representative of your average footer..lol
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910>
  Share Topic