Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

buckethead 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 78910>
Author
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

It'll run into the low 60's any given day, it'll creep into the mid 60's under ideal ambient and loading conditions with the right prop. It ran 66 down at white lake a few years ago but it's never done any better than 64 at home, and even that requires the stars to be in alignment. 62 is about right with the normal prop, but it'll do close to that with a boat load of people. I am about 100rpm off last year since I added the mufflers. That and the shorter 430 I've been running to boost the holeshot with a load, it runs about 59 or so. Hung right with my cousins (stock) Python out of the hole though- at least it would have if the tranny hadn't popped out of gear (and we still ran even to 50). Not sure how fast it'll pull a footer, Scott was the only volunteer and I didn't GPS it, unfortunately. A few slight modifications and it'll run faster, but I'm pretty pleased with the way it ran this weekend.

Now just wait until Dave builds that 489/496 for his '88! That'll be a monster.

No offense to either the boat or Scott but I am not sure that Scott's size is representative of your average footer..lol

Greg, are you calling me fat? Hey now...

Tim and I briefly raced to 50 or so at zoar the other week. Earlier in the day I hit 54.3,Tim's bfn wasn't much behind me till 30 I'd guess, and passed me as I saw the GPS creep to 50.
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 11:10pm
Wrong Scott. Monohan skied the bfn at wot.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 11:12pm
Ok I could see that
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 11:30pm
Scott is a brave soul to do that.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 12:00am
I'm not entering this pissing contest. GPS'd at 52 with two in the boat, and we pulled 220b Shawn over the finish line at 47 with 5 in the boat.

On a different note; Shawn and I are trying to put together the Lockwood River Roar, scheduled for Sept 26th. This race has had a few names over the years (Google "Lockwood barefoot"), but it has always been a good time. It's a 27 mile race on the Muskegon river, just south of Big Rapids, MI. We base out of a camp ground, Brower Park, where they have cabins with electricity. Anyone interested, let me know.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 8:53am
No pissing contest Steve, just facks! Seems like a good place to discuss fast barefoot boats. I'm curious what else has been done to your '90 to make it run 52, that's 3-5mph faster than typical for that boat, which would mean it's likely in the neighborhood of 400hp. My 87 with a 415hp 502 ran about 53 or so, might have had a little more in it with a perfectly matched Acme. Remind me which prop you're running on your 90?

My sept is all sorts of booked up, but looking forward to doing this again!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 2:32pm
James' boat clearly presented very well in the race!!

One of their guys skied the entire race on one foot too!
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 2:44pm
Some day just maybe we'll run error free and increase our length of runs. I'm happy with stock. We used 23 gallons of gas this year and 22 last year. I can run 49mph with 50 on perfect conditions. Usually always 46 with a 200lb footer.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 4:10pm
OK are we done with the mines bigger, no his is bigger Zach saw it, no I got video proof his is definitely bigger argument.
Let’s get back to what’s important helping Ben and his family. I am ordering a couple of the hoodies, for those who haven’t seen these they are sweet. They have a built in rubber/neoprene beer holder in the center of the pockets with an opener attached by a lanyard. Perfect for standing around on those chilly evenings at CCF reunions.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 4:14pm
Good call Paul. I am going to get some sweet swag for my brother and dad and one of the awesome Ben Morgan for Prez shirts ha.

My small block will pull a 240 lb footer 43 mph ha
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 4:22pm
My small block will not pull a zero lb footer 43 mph

I am also competing for smallest richard. Who wants some?
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 4:31pm
Lol have my swag ordered and contributed to the gofunme account so I will continue to share there needs on all social media I can.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

My small block will not pull a zero lb footer 43 mph

I am also competing for smallest richard. Who wants some?

I'm not touching that one.

I ordered mine up this morning. They will be perfect for around the campfire at the LOCKWOOD RIVER ROAR! (Sorry, shameless plug)
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 4:35pm
We should start a post specifically for Ben anyone want to do it if not I will
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

My small block will pull a 240 lb footer 43 mph ha

Make sure not to cross the wake at 37 thou! Face still hurts and I'm sure ya'lls belly from laughing as you watched...
Did the gofundme and got president shirts. Election year comming, support the campaign...
Paul man up, just cause your boat only pulls fat guys like me on shoeskies LOL
1994 Sport Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 4:48pm
I'd be interested in knowing the upgrades to Jame's python, and which prop he was running. Pythons aren't well documented so rather hard to upgrade unless you know how pcm dialed in the mixture
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 4:58pm
Shirts purchased, Ben for pres! Ha. Hope he heals up quick.

James has always been light on details of that motor build. It may even be carb.

You don't need the baseline PCM tune to modify a python heavily, there is likely a lot more marine 502 data coming from aftermarket tuners (supporting offshore Mercs).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Shirts purchased, Ben for pres! Ha. Hope he heals up quick.

James has always been light on details of that motor build. It may even be carb.

You don't need the baseline PCM tune to modify a python heavily, there is likely a lot more marine 502 data coming from aftermarket tuners (supporting offshore Mercs).

Okay, once I get more money, time, and knowledge, maybe I'll get mine into the 60's -- or at least past 55 on any given day.
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 5:47pm
Sounded like a carb to me with the way he would always rev it when it fired it. Or maybe it just sounds real good when you rev it.

Kevin with the famous quote modifications. Go ahead and ask them who has the longest barefooting Richard.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Good cock will pull a 240 lb er
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 7:19pm
Hope the dude heals up fast.
I want a hopped up 502.
Race looks like a blast. .

That's really all I have to contribute.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by pfelgner pfelgner wrote:

We should start a post specifically for Ben anyone want to do it if not I will

Pat, I think that is a Good Idea. I'd say do it   

Ben Morgan for President or Footer Down?
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2015 at 11:26am
Recent Updates on Ben Morgan (as copied from GoFundMe site)

September 10, 2015: Another update...Ben's surgery went well. The doctor was very pleased. Now starts the process of healing. We so appreciate all your prayers and ask that you will continue to pray for complete healing and no infection. Our hope is that Ben will come home tomorrow, Friday, September 11. Again, we thank you for your generosity...every gift is appreciated!!

September 8, 2015: Just a quick update on Ben. He will have his reconstructive surgery Wednesday, September, 9, where docs will use some of his calf muscle to recreate the muscle near the shin that was destroyed in the accident. They will then take a skin graft from his upper leg to cover the wound. After this surgery Ben will remain in the hospital 3-5 days keeping his leg immoble to allow healing of the skin graft. At that point, we hope he will get to come home. We cannot express our deep gratitude for all your prayers and donations. It is truly a blessing to our family, and I know Ben and Audra are overwhelmed with your generosity. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Ben Morgan's Medical Fund

Please give if you can. They still have a long road ahead and any amount will help!
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2015 at 11:34am
Thanks for the update, Pirate Steve... That is great news.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2015 at 1:50pm
Sebastian- great photos of the event- thanks for sending the files and for the 8x10 print as well- Love it.

Moorfoot- You've got some serious competition in the photography department now ;)

-Brad
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2015 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Moorfoot- You've got some serious competition in the photography department now ;)Brad

Competition is always welcome......when Sebasitian has at least two cover girl shots on our yearly calendar and an avg of three calendar girls per year.....then I'll worry.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2015 at 10:28am
Another Update on Ben

SEPTEMBER 13, 2015: It is with great joy that we tell you Ben is coming home from the hospital today. The whole family (Ben, Audra, & Khloe) will be staying with us (Audra's parents) for a time so they can be all on one floor--no steps. Ben needs to keep his leg elevated so that the skin graft can heal. Many of you have been praying, and we thank you. This has been and will be a long haul, but God is faithful in sending us what we need when we need it. We continue to praise Him for keeping Ben from further harm. Whether you prayed, visited, helped with Khloe, donated or offered help in some other way, it is all appreciated. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2015 at 2:39pm
Great news about Ben!

I looked through Sebastian's photos today and he did a great job capturing the race and the Sunday shenanigans. I thought there were videos of the 6 man steps and 6 man deep ups? Maybe I'm making that up?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2015 at 2:50pm
My Sebastian package never made it the 60 miles down the road in the mail... its starting to hurt a bit. Somebody with the originals bring them to badin with you... I still have a few pics to post on this thread but the photobucket app has been not working so well for me.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2015 at 7:01pm
More good news about Ben. I talked to Brian today and he told me that for the first time since the accident, Ben went footin' last weekend!   
He told me the expression on his face was priceless. Like a kid at Christmas!   

I'd say after what he's been through, IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE
Speak of...
Merry Christmas Everyone,

👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 78910>
  Share Topic