Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

buckethead 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 10>
Author
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: buckethead 2015
    Posted: February-17-2015 at 12:46am
We run a 38 mile barefoot endurance race in mid Aug in Ohio on the Maumee River usually starts Saturday morning. This is done early and lunch and awards are as well. Plenty of time in the afternoon to met up and play. There is a campground right there too. We generally have about 8 BFNs and a few other CC boats there. How many would be interested in meeting up.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 4:14am
me
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 4:15am
although you might have problems getting out of towners since it could conflict with the already established CT Mini
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 4:38am
Didn't see that one. Maybe we can draw people closer that can't make that drive but can in Ohio.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 4:44am
This is just a thought because we have so many CC at the race. I would have to make sure it is good with the race organizer. I am looking for what the response would be.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 11:27pm
I might be able to make it. Do you have directions?   
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 11:28pm
You sound sketchy lol can you bring my cover if you still have it lol
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 3:31am
And D1 show ski nationals, as well as family vacations

BUT, you gotta try. 8 BFNs sounds like a fun time!
67 skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 10:16am
Tullfooter I may follow you down with the Skylark.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 10:40am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

although you might have problems getting out of towners since it could conflict with the already established CT Mini

Although Tim did say he was thinking of going to an every other year schedule, which makes sense, since his was so close to Reids. However, since they both did one in 2014, and they both like the every other year schedule, one of them has to cowboy up and have one this year, so that their every other years are staggered instead of coinciding.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

BUT, you gotta try. 8 BFNs sounds like a fun time!

Yep, just have to detail the event, give dates and times and gathering places etc and just go make it happen.. All Mini's start this way. With 8 BFN's you already have a mini !! Just build on it from there.. Who can make it, will !!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 10:52am
Lots of discussion still needs to happen on this end for the CT mini plans. A month between Reid's and our events is doable (we're spaced about the same with GL) but agree it would make sense to stagger years if we both go to every-other.

I wouldn't mind checking out the buckethead one of these years, Tull has sort of kept us in the loop on its occurrence. The timing in mid Aug has always made it tough. The policy to only open registration to new teams a few weeks before (and only if there is room) has kept me from seriously considering it in the past. Would be pretty cool to see a bunch of Bfns being put to work though!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 10:57am
I don't have a barefoot boat :(
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 3:00pm
Zach don't need a BFN but there are so for sale online lol. I wish I had my Martinique back but with the 454 I personally think the wake was a tad better but to slow with the 351. Yes the buckethead always draws ctalks due to all the other events happening that time of year. Barefoot Nationals is mid Aug this year in Wisconsin with Worlds supposed to be there next year too. I will miss Buckethead next year probably to go see worlds. This was just a feeler and if anyone wants to come watch the buckethead I will post the date once it's confirmed
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 3:19pm
My 85 will pull me about 44 bigger guys it'll muster about 42. I guess with a good long runs and quick pickups it could be competitive.

The summer before when we wanted to work the race out I was consistently throwing down 2ish mile runs at 47 mph behind a LX Response. Last summer i didn't get anywhere near that though.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 5:04pm
As of right now, Bucketed is scheduled for Aug. 29th.
And Tim, I can pull a few strings and get you a spot if you put a team together.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 11:06pm
Last year there were 9 of our usual 12 running so there are open spots right out of the gate this year.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2015 at 11:30am
I'm in! if someone could add me to there team.
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2015 at 10:08pm
Teams always have openings info to come soon.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 6:47pm
No CT mini this year, so the buckethead is a consideration for us now. Not sure if we'll put a full team together or not- I'd probably prefer to see the set up once before jumping right in. Most likely bring the BFN either way, but don't plan to use it in the race (this year).

Still looking like Aug 29?
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 7:06pm
Awesome it's a fun event. As of now still the same day from what I have heard.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 7:57pm
How did I miss the date change? That weekend looks great for me.
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 8:17pm
At the time I posted this they had nit set a date. Race date is Aug 29.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 8:38pm
Tim B
If your looking to put a team together for the bucket head keep me in mind. I hope to condition the feet enough this summer to get some respectable runs in.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 8:58pm
Sounds good Greg, I'm sure we could assemble quite the crew.
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 9:03pm
We ran 9 boats last year down a few from previous years but a great time.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 10:21am
Aug 29th it is.
I talked to Buckethead (Brian) yesterday, and he is already working on this year's race (rounding up sponsors, hint-hint)
The website for the Buckethead race is being reworked, because it sounds like the host of the site boned the race organizers. My son (waterskier2007) is working on a new site for Brian.
Tim, If you are thinking of putting a CCFan member team together, I would say you are a lock for a spot (I know the decision maker of the Buckethead, aka, Mrs Budkethead)
It's a great weekend. I would recommend it to anyone interested in barefoot racing, or having a good time.

Pat, I have your boat cover.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 10:40am
Steve, if you have the ears of the organizers, please put me down for a team. There seems to be sufficient interest to support a full team- hopefully including a few guys who know what the heck this race thing is all about, ha. If there is a previous year's website or some other list of rules/guidelines please post it or PM me, I'd like to review it- thanks!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 10:43am
Tim, will do.
Here's the link to the old site rules page.
Buckethead rules
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 10:50am
I think rule No.8 may cost Adam (IAughtNaut) a local Ohio boy a spot on CCfan team
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 10>
  Share Topic