NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

okie boarder's house

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
Author
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2016 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Looking great!

Thanks!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2016 at 1:38pm
By the way, one of the steps we're doing in the distressing of the wood to make it look old is using a wire brush wheel on the grinder across the face of the boards. We're seeing a similar affect to what y'all described with the sandblasting, which is giving the wood some really neat character.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2016 at 11:37am
We've gotten quite a bit done since the last post, but still have a lot to do. The cabinets and vanities are finished and painted. We've been working on tile the last few weeks, and granite got put in yesterday. If all goes well, all the mechanicals will be done this week and the house will be functional. We're going to move in as soon as we can after that and finish what needs to be finished once we're in.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2016 at 7:21pm
Plumbing is almost done, HVAC is being installed as we speak and a couple small items are being completed by my contractor that were his responsibility. We'll still have a lot of finish work to do, but the house should be livable and move in ready today or tomorrow...pretty exciting!

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2016 at 6:52am
Looks nice! When is your hopeful move in target?
Js
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2016 at 2:55pm
We're actually moving in this weekend. The plumbing and HVAC got done yesterday and we have the house functional. We still have a lot of finish work we'll be doing in the coming months, but it is finished enough to get in there and be able to work on those items more effectively.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2016 at 3:44pm
Andy,
Sounds like you got the occupancy permit from the inspector.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2016 at 7:55pm
^lol I was thinking the same thing pete!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 9:54am
Congrats to you and your family Andy, thanks for sharing the journey!!
Place is really coming along nicely!!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 2:39pm
Thanks!

Yeah, Pete, we're good to go. This whole inspection and certification process has been interesting since this is a small town. Lot's of good ol boy type feeling to it and has been one of the smoother aspects of the build.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2016 at 3:24pm
We've made some good progress on interior trim this week and we're loving how it looks. We're also getting fairly well settled in and gotten ourselves unpacked quite a bit.

]

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2016 at 3:34pm
Andy,
The trim looks like HD Ghost Wood. We are selling lots of it!! Seems like every shift I need to bring down a bunk from the overhead to replenish the stock in the run.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2016 at 3:42pm
Yeah, I noticed the other day they are carrying a few different woods like look like distressed or old barn wood. We definitely like how it is going together with the overall feel of the house.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2016 at 8:14pm
I love the island in the kitchen.

Time for another boat.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 11:21am
Thanks. LOL, I doubt another boat is going to happen any time soon. We'll be spending lots of time and money over the next several years getting the property the way we want it. A small above ground pool might be in the cards, though.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2017 at 3:28pm
So, we're pushing the 6 month mark now and have gotten a lot more settled in. Various finishing details we didn't get done before moving in are done, including a bit of landscaping, custom light fixture over the dining table, custom barn door from reclaimed wood for the big pantry, a cool bird feeder post our youngest made from a cedar tree in one of the brush piles, organization of the garage, wood stove installed and being well used, and some additional dirtwork/clearing. It's interesting to update this and see the last pictures I posted, then realize how far we've come since then.
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2017 at 3:53pm
Andy, I'm sure I missed this in the thread somewhere, but what part of OK are you in?
1989 Ski Nautique 2001
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2017 at 3:21pm
Central...we're about 20 miles NE of OKC.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2017 at 2:08pm
So, thought I would do some updating on here since it's been a little while. We've been working on a lot of little things that are hard to see in pictures, but slowly making progress on a variety of items for finishing and settling in. In addition, we've done quite a bit on getting the garden area going, as well as trimming and cleaning some of the wooded areas right behind the garage.

**Note: This is adding quite a few pics...if this is too much, let me know.

Got this shot of a beautiful sunrise yesterday morning on my way into work. This is about 10 miles from our house where I get on the interstate.

Finally got a chance to burn. This was two of the 3 piles we had from all the cleanup we've been doing.

Got some sod put in on this slope...we were having too much washout and erosion, so needed to do something about it.

I managed to get my wife to actually operate a tractor. Of course her buddy had to join her...he was going nuts until we let him get up there with her.

Seedlings are doing well for the garden. I planted 60 tomato plants.

Garden area is shaping up...got all the good soil tilled in and getting ready to plant the warm weather crops in the next couple weeks. You can also see our ever growing stockpile of firewood and the composting area in this pic.

Lots of beautiful redbuds on the property, along with natural wildflowers and wild plums.

Getting the taters started.

Initial spread of the good soil.

Got some chicken manure from our friends, for the compost. I never thought I'd be so excited about chicken poop....lol

This was the soil I had delivered to till in. 5 year old horse manure compost...very good dirt.

It was quite a load...15 yards.

The beginnings of our composting area. I'm planning to have 3 bins like this, all together.

Spring has sprung...actually got some decent results from the bulbs we planted in the fall.

The never ending wood pile and stacking effort...LOL. We've managed to find a really good source for wood through our younger son's friend. His dad has several different properties within 15 miles of us that has runs cattle on. He is constantly having areas cleared for more pasture, so we has piles of pushed over trees all over for us to cut. He has all kinds of walnut, pecan and oak.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
  Share Topic