Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

speedomotor pickup

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pdecraene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdecraene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: speedomotor pickup
    Posted: March-10-2015 at 12:08pm
I have an 86 Ski Nautique, last year one of the speedos quit but I didn't do anything with it. When I pulled it out to winterize I saw that one of the pickups had the nipple at the top broken off and the tube was very brittle. Is there a replacement available for the pickup and tubing readily.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 12:18pm
The Airguide model you have is no longer available but any pitot will work, be it a Teleflex or Faria brand. You will likely have to modify the mounting holes to line up on your boat.
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 2:08pm
I bought replacements from Discount Inboard Marine (SkiDim), I believe Christine's and N3 Boatworks (with 10% CCF discount) have them as well. I had to drill the mounting holes out a little and used plenty of 3M 4200 to seal. Problem solved (though now I am chasing a leak in the system on one side).
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
chuckactor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 6:58pm
The nipple broke off one on my 85. I got a piece of stainless tubing from the hobby store that had about the same ID as the hole in the pickup. Cut a piece about an inch long. Just bore out the hole in the top of the pickup a little bigger to fit the OD of the tubing. I drilled maybe 1/2" deep. Then just epoxied the tubing in place leaving maybe 1/2" sticking out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic