Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

first house *major project*

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2015 at 8:46pm
One of these days somebody will listen to Quinner.

Waldo
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2015 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Yup. Getting married. Won't be long before Hollywood becomes Hollywilt

That's funny!
Will we all be invited to the wedding?
Js
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2015 at 1:58pm
Gimme a break.

Still tearing out stinky carpeting and subfloor. The more we remove the better it smells.

Plenty of electrical and plumbing surprises.
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2015 at 4:20pm
Not sure what made me think of this, how about an update, hows it going with the house?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2015 at 4:54pm
Most of the old flooring is out but still have the kitchen floor to remove. That will require most work having to carve around the cabinet toe kicks. Not sure the cabinets will ever go back in if I take them out now.

Floor joist/foundation repair needed in dining room corner of house. Then plywood underlayment, then paint, then new floor to be installed. A little drywall repair behind where the new water soften will go, a few plumbing repairs needed.

LOTS of cleaning still going on, inside and outside. Been cutting off cable coax and phone line strung all over the place.

Landscaping is now a small priority, dandelions coming in strong!

Cars and boats moving in clogging up workspace.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2015 at 5:39pm
I am nearly two years into my house project my list looked very similar to you yours and have only gotten through the nasty flooring removal and major cleaning aspects... but that's about it.   Good thing you guys are younger than me... I never factored in how much time would go to lawn maintenance, snow removal, docks, on going cleaning, etc, between that and work responsibilities I changed my 5 year goals to 15 year goals and they are still a long shot.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2015 at 5:47pm
Good work HW! I most of us have the problem of boats and cars taking up our workspace. When I had the '86, mustang, and python in the garage, I had to go under the boats to get to the other side...After trading the 86 for a tique and moving the python outside, I have so much space! Although now the driveway is full. Hopefully you'll have better luck on the driveway/garage decision
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2015 at 5:53pm
Good to hear you're chugging along HW. Joe if it makes you feel any better. Mom & Dad bought a 1893 Victorian home in 1982 and Dad had a 15 year window to get it fully restored back to original. Y'all know he recently passed only he only got about 80-85% of it done some 33years later. He built one heck-of-a work/woodshop garage to complete this task that Pete and Alan would love.

Keep plugging away at it youse guys!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2015 at 6:16pm
Well Joe luckily my house is small (1200 sqft) and I have a helper who is even more determined than me. Show ski season has started which is also chipping into my time, not to mention I've been on the road for work 3 of the last 4 weeks.

Seems like every isle at Menard's has something I need for the house. First mortgage payment was made this week.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2015 at 11:57am
Congrat !!!!!!!!!!!

The years will fly by. Hang on !!!!!!! Do not blink !!!!!!

Donald
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2015 at 1:33pm
Congrats guys!
Throw a kegger and ask everyone to bring a paint brush :)
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2015 at 7:08pm
Keep up with all the work but, I will say you will never finish. I've been in this house since 76 and it's still a work in process!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2015 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I am nearly two years into my house project my list looked very similar to you yours and have only gotten through the nasty flooring removal and major cleaning aspects... but that's about it.   Good thing you guys are younger than me... I never factored in how much time would go to lawn maintenance, snow removal, docks, on going cleaning, etc, between that and work responsibilities I changed my 5 year goals to 15 year goals and they are still a long shot.

Ya, well, get married and see how fast that schedule is moved up :)

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic