NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opening Day Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opening Day Part Deux
    Posted: March-21-2015 at 10:20pm
Couldn't have those guys down at SJRR having fun while I was stuck inside.
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2015 at 2:46am

You're "the Man" Larry...bomb-outs at 60!! And a pretty good looking one to boot! Nice flying dock also...[I remember that corner at the far end of the lake...I believe I bit it at the same spot!] By the way I tried texting you from the New Years Day tournament but you have evidently changed cell numbers sometime in the last two years??
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2015 at 4:03am
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2015 at 9:28am
Bomb out in a drys suit at 60. Wow.

Last year was the year I got slalom going, I hope this is the year I get barefoot going...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2015 at 1:11pm
Nice Bomb out Larry! keep on footin!!! all you over 60s guys are keeping me inspired to keep it going at 50 for me! its a little cold up north still, have to wait for white lake mini for my first run of the year.
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2015 at 1:43pm
Great footing Larry. How well can you see those markers when your back there? The closest I get to footing is driving and I try to stay at least a rope length away from objects, although I do realize you small lake guys don't have any problem getting close to stuff.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2015 at 1:47pm
The begoggled barefooting madman.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2015 at 6:09pm
Looking good Larry. Starting from The boat ramp - good way not to waste an audience or an opportunity.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2015 at 7:57pm
Lookin good early season Larry! Nice dismount too haha.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2015 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The begoggled barefooting madman.

'nuff said......

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2015 at 7:36am
Looking Good!!
Js
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2015 at 11:31am
Bruce, if we didn't get close to stuff, we wouldn't have any room at all. But we are pretty careful and both driver and skier exercise caution close to the buoys. Not to say the driver isn't sometimes close enough to a buoy that an unattentive skier couldn't whack into it, but we're careful. If I had a real noob back there, I would stay far enough away. The only thing I think about is that if and when I ever become a proficient enough long line bacerds footer, I'd make a real point to the driver that safety is all on him. Cant help but think of that guy that got killed a few years ago.

Greg....audience...ha, not on this lake, they don't have a clue. About the only spectator was one grumpy old guy that I am sure called the local law enforcement that the boat was going too fast in the 150 foot from shore no-wake zone....bite me. Usually when that kind of thing gets reported around here, there is an emergency meeting of the board and by 8:00 AM the next day, there is a new regulation on the books. That's what happened when some wake surfers flooded a guys lawn and then had the bad sense to hassle the guy. No more fat sacks or surfing allowed. (not that that is a bad thing on this little lake) There was one turd a year or so ago that sent security pictures of our boat, supposedly speeding in the no wake zone. We never do that and have no reason too. I think it was just how it appeared given the relative alignment of everything.

Although the other day, when I was pulling the boat out after those two runs a group of young ladies walked by. One said, "was that you out there just now?" Yes, ma'am, "Were you barefooting?" Yes ma'am. "Wow, that's crazy" I think that's the first time anyone on this lake has ever acknowledged that I was barefooting. If its not a tube, they are completely out of touch.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2015 at 11:55am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Cant help but think of that guy that got killed a few years ago.

Was that the guy that got pulled backwards into a dock in the Midwest somewhere?

Having not grown up around barefooters and being new to it, I take my driving seriously. The 1st year I was pulling David, my daughter was pretty put out with me when I told her "idle chit chat" was not allowed in the boat.

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2015 at 12:11pm
I have lost a good friend to back barefooting into a dock (Alabama). Fossett boat rules are simple -
1. The driver is responsible for skier
2. If the skier is back barefoot he/she is on the pin/release no exceptions.

Larry
I am home the week prior to Easter if you want to try to connect and get out. I am anxious to take the semi swvelt physique of mine to the water - been a long time since I have been <250 and footing!          
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2015 at 11:30pm
great video Larry, although, on your flier run it didn't look like you spent nearly enough time butt gliding...there wasn't even a single slalom wake crossing there.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2015 at 11:39pm
I know....I've got to work on that. Unless I can do at least 2 laps around the lake I going to be relegated to the JV team.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 12:18am
Grave jumps!

Don't worry about Adam's comments..he thinks you are SUPPOSED to ride on your butt for a long while and cross the wake as many times as possible before standing. At least that what we told him.

You are keeping up the reputation of the 'over 60 guys' Larry!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic