NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft acquires Bass Cat & Yar-Craft

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft acquires Bass Cat & Yar-Craft
    Posted: March-25-2015 at 11:46am
Link to story

Correct Craft has made several acquisitions lately. First the water parks, then PCM, now fishing boat companies.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 12:49pm
Diversify. Personally I think Bill Yeargin is one smart cookie and a great leader, they probably had the life scared out of them during the downturn years of 2008-2012 and these new acquisitions make perfect sense to me. All high end companies too, no losers needing a bailout.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 1:03pm
And we will finally get a Walleye Nautique!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 1:13pm
TUNAutique

Crappie Nautique don't let the pie fall off.

Bill Yeargin aside, how about the shareholders?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 1:27pm
Maybe now between the 3 of them Pete will realize him dream- a dedicated Tubeique
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 1:37pm
I think it's a smart move. Bass boats are a well defined market and the buyers are as passionate about their boats as watersports people are, and it's not Correct Craft's 1st time entering into that market. The company is still private isn't it, so the share holders probably have quite a bit of say in what they do?   
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 1:45pm
Smart move! Bring the Fish back!!!
The economy works in cycles...now is the time to expand and it a couple of years, the next CEO will focus on cost cutting...
the end goal is long term growth without diliuting the individual brands
1994 Sport Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 1:57pm
I bet they continue the strategy of keeping them all seperate operating companies, true to their core. I don't think we will be seeing any Fish, Bass, Sea Nautiques anytime soon...
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 1:57pm
I've always wanted to surf behind a fishing boat, excited for the future.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by turningpoint84 turningpoint84 wrote:

Yea a fishing boat with an outboard....better yet, multiple outboards, good idea
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 2:39pm
I think it is a great move. At least in Middle Tennessee and Mississippi where I have boated most, there are way more "professional fisherman" than professional skiers or wakeboarders.

There are fishing tournaments on the lakes I use all the time. You see a slalom skier every blue moon. You do see wakeboarders more often. Mostly, you see tubers.

Lastly I checked there are no professional tubers. God forbid there ever are!

Although a group does set up a slalom course some weekends, I have never seen any tournaments advertised.

Who is having the tournaments and paying the money to try and earn the ability to compete, and get sponsors. The fishermen! They are spending a ton.

Every Sunday morning around here there are several fishing shows on the local cable schedule, on a couple of different channels. None related to water sports.

Now they just need to by an outboard motor company.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Yea a fishing boat with an outboard....better yet, multiple outboards, good idea

Holy Wow queener, lighten up and sense some sarcasm buddy!
1970 Mustang
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 3:06pm
Rebel: Funny you should say that buy an outboard company. I worked for Yamaha when they began acquiring boat companies..the same concept in reverse. Although they've since sold Century and Cobia, they still own Skeeter and G3. A great market plan. Control the boat companies and you control the engine sales. Sell more boats, sell more outboards...

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 3:09pm
HA! Yes probably much more likely that one of the engine companies would buy Correct Craft Holdings as opposed to the other way around. However, I have also noticed that Mercury Marine, or I guess it would be Brunswick, has also been divesting of the Boat Manufacturing holdings as well. It too may also be to far from their core competency!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 3:37pm
Have they divested any more brands since the great recession and their idling their plants? That is when I dumped my Brunswick stock.

On the stern drive side, they seem to have several new marine specific engine options that are no longer marinzed GMs. My iron duke power plant is no longer. I am seeing some interesting options coming out.

What they used to do was leverage their full contingent of options to pressure dealers to not carry independent lines. This is why our local marine store stopped selling Stringray. Stingray in turn went all volvo for a few years, but they made up, and Stringray is back in the black, so to speak.

I guess its just business cycles.

Good news is we all get to fill up with gas half as much a gallon as some of the years after the downturn. I plan to run the hell out of both my Stingray and Ski Nautique this year.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 7:23pm

Peter,
I didn't sense any sarcasm. I'm with Chris.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 2:58pm
I will tell you a little story about Bass Cat. One of my father's fishing buddies got a new bass boat every other year or so. My father would go to the factory with him to pick them up. One particular year they had some fun with making his boat. He ordered his boats in LSU colors. Every inch of the boat. Well, being a family owned business in Arkansas, they hid a razorback somewhere on that boat. I do not believe he ever found it, but they all have a great laughs when he found out. I think they fished in the owners tournament that year. 606 boats in the tournament.

He has since passed away, but that is a story my father likes to tell often as he reminisces about old Sam.

juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

Have they divested any more brands since the great recession and their idling their plants? That is when I dumped my Brunswick stock.

On the stern drive side, they seem to have several new marine specific engine options that are no longer marinzed GMs. My iron duke power plant is no longer. I am seeing some interesting options coming out.

What they used to do was leverage their full contingent of options to pressure dealers to not carry independent lines. This is why our local marine store stopped selling Stringray. Stingray in turn went all volvo for a few years, but they made up, and Stringray is back in the black, so to speak.

I guess its just business cycles.

Good news is we all get to fill up with gas half as much a gallon as some of the years after the downturn. I plan to run the hell out of both my Stingray and Ski Nautique this year.

I know Brunswick owns Boston Whaler which is a couple miles up the road from me. It is a highly successful boat manufacturer and I believe to be the largest employer in this area. Some very high end boats being made there.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 5:06pm
Didn't Brunswick used to own Master Craft?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Peter,
I didn't sense any sarcasm. I'm with Chris.

Yes because people normally surf behind an outboard boat, totally sense why you didn't catch that.

ALso I/O's are the perfect surf boat too. In fact I/o's over 24ft make superior Slalom ski wake too compared to a a 2000's CC 196.

1970 Mustang
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 6:46pm
Where did the rest of the comment go????
1994 Sport Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Didn't Brunswick used to own Master Craft?

Nope, lots of other brands though. Coleman, the outdoor company held them for a while.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Toertel Toertel wrote:

Where did the rest of the comment go????

No kidding, we know where it came from though, always talking out his ...

Sarcasm Video

Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 7:54pm
I got the notification message read it and when I looked at the site it was changed...
1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 7:56pm
Tourette Syndrome you a...hole
Lol
1994 Sport Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 7:57pm
I saw it also, very rude and the lords name in vane to boot, not cool
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 10:18am
Quinner, did not mean you btw
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 10:20am
I have no clue what you gentlemen are talking about, but your infatuation with me is very enjoyable.

Quinner stop posting videos of your flabby wife wake surfing, thx. I don't care to see them.
1970 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 10:36am
FYI, anyone signed up to receive email notifications on a thread will get an email containing any new posts... If you post something and then immediately delete it or edit the content, people will still have a record of the original post in their email.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 10:45am
Anyway...
Google wakesurfing outboard...man am I glad we have a DD
google image
1994 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic