Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

keyless touch pad

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
garyc808 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyc808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: keyless touch pad
    Posted: March-29-2015 at 12:53am
I have a 2001 proair. I have replaced all batteries with new ones. I am getting power to the keypad but nothing lights up. Is there any way to bypass the touchless very expensive to replace keypad ignition with old school key ignition????

Also the connector for the keypad has

red    +
black -
orange ?
green ?

any help ?
Gc
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2015 at 7:40am
Gary,
Welcome to CCfan. Our standard request is for pictures so when you get a chance we'd love to see some.

You may want to post your problem in the "engine repair" or "boat maintenance" sections rather than the "ski ride and foot" section. You may get a better response.

I don't recall anyone bypassing the touch pad but we'll see.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2015 at 8:59am
Hi Gary (and Pete).

It's been done. Check out this thread on PN.

D.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2015 at 1:59pm
Great system,can't wait until the linc system isn't supported anymore---
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Great system,can't wait until the linc system isn't supported anymore---

Stop showing your age Gary, embrace the technology. Before long we'll be all across the world talking about boats on that internet thingy.

To the original poster, 14 years on a key pad I'd just replace the darn thing and be done with it for another 14 years. That 2001 year boat is still worth some decent money, I wouldn't hack it up and hurt it's value by splicing wires and adding non original buttons to save a few dollars.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 10:57am
Yeah Gary, operating one can't be any more difficult that operating your iphone. The Malibu dealer at the Boston boat show said they're so easy to use a 3 year old girl started one up at the show.
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 11:01am
I'm going to do a bypass on mine eventually just as a back up but I like the keypads... I had one die (that I replaced) but the other is still kicking after 15 years, 3 of which were spent uncovered in the texas heat.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 11:11am
Alan makes a good point, buck up and replace it.
Trey, I keep (2) different codes in mine that don't use any same number keys, will keep me going if it loses any number key, no help if the "start" button goes though.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 11:28am
Has there been a case of only a couple numbers going out and not the entire pad?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 11:32am
I like the technology guy's,heck we just bought a car last summer and really wish I popped for the HUD. But we keep our boats way longer than our cars,just what are you going to do when the manufacture does not support it anymore? That's the part I don't like
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 11:44am
I'm a whipper snapper and I agree 1000% with Gary.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 12:14pm

I like the technology guy's,heck we just bought a car last summer and really wish I popped for the HUD. But we keep our boats way longer than our cars,just what are you going to do when the manufacture does not support it anymore? That's the part I don't like

I don't really care , the one with the link in it is my wife's boat that's her problem.   

To be serious though, the day they say the linc is being discontinued and no longer serviceable I'll buy a replacement and put it on the shelf for if/when I need it. The thing is I don't see that happening unless the manufacturer goes out of business and even then there is usually someone that fills a need on the rebuild side of the business. I mean you guys are still sending gauges out to be refurbished, A linc is nothing more than a fancy control module with an interface and electronics behind it. I would be very surprised when these things start failing (and I have no doubt they will) if their isn't a refurbished aftermarket in place for them by then. I've got 15 year old machines that use an interface like a linc and I can buy remanufactured units on ebay all day long.

Sooner or later we'll see Linc screens on ebay, For Sale "Vintage Linc Control from 2012 Nautique" These were great in their day but now obsolete with the new "Linc Googles" Just put them on, think about what speed you need and look where you want the boat to go. Available in varying sport styles and the new premium "Oakley Nautique Guidence System specs" for those that want to look as good as they think they can drive.
garyc808 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyc808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 2:46pm
I'm actually just trying to install a back up. Thanks for all the advice . I appreciate it
Gc
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 3:33pm

Hope your right but I feel that someday boats will be bought just for the system just like they are now for windshields. There were thousands and thousands of PCM Fords built for every inboard boat builder with thousands still going,as were finding out many Ford parts are NLA. Just the signs of a disposable society
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 4:45pm

Hope your right but I feel that someday boats will be bought just for the system just like they are now for windshields. There were thousands and thousands of PCM Fords built for every inboard boat builder with thousands still going,as were finding out many Ford parts are NLA. Just the signs of a disposable society

How would buying a 40+ year old boat for a windshield today differ from buying a boat 40+ years from now for it's electronics?

Protec ignition parts fall in that category, some people hoard parts and others use a work around but either way all the protec boats that break down get repaired somehow.

I'm not going to worry today about whether I can fix my boat in 10 years when it "might" break down.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 5:10pm
We aren’t really talking about rocket science either these are just basic control boards… these things can not only be repaired but also replaced by custom systems if need be.   If enough of them break there will be a replacement market. If you look at the hard to find parts for older boats they are generally parts that don’t often break. Those infrequent needs are better served by the salvage market. It is no different for your cars, if you need a wiper blade you can get them anywhere. If you need a wiper arm it is dealer only and that will only work for about 10 years.. after that it’s the junkyards or fabricate one up. This has not kept too many people from buying cars with windshield wipers.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 7:23pm
Hard to justify repairing a Lincoln dash for 1 k when the dealer won't take it in on trade, let alone designing a custom system. Boats are always more. Quinner will only deliver gas just so far------
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2015 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Has there been a case of only a couple numbers going out and not the entire pad?

We've had intermittent trouble with our #4 button on the 01 SN. Haven't entered another code like Quinner but will probably just buy a replacement to sit on the shelf as Alan mentioned.
garyc808 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyc808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2015 at 5:29am
anyone know where the cheapest place to buy the touchpad ignition for a 2001?
Gc
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2015 at 12:09pm
Zach at N3 with a CCFan discount
or Nautique Parts with a PND discount
garyc808 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyc808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2015 at 1:57pm
Thanks I'll check it out
Gc
garyc808 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyc808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 4:40am
Hey Quinner, what is N3? I checked Natique parts. 349 with pnd discount
Gc
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 8:35am
Originally posted by garyc808 garyc808 wrote:

Hey Quinner, what is N3? I checked Natique parts. 349 with pnd discount
\

N3 Boatworks is another dealer who is a sponsor on this site. The link to their page is up top.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 5:29pm
I'm a good resource for any keypad/dash/PME issues. Feel free to holler. Been there done that got uh...no t-shirts but many dead batteries
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic