Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badin Lake Mini Oct 9,10,11

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 891011>
Author
NauticoRico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NauticoRico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2015 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

WOW, Kyle's pictures came out great. I really love the photo of Rico's Orange Skier. He needs to get a copy of that picture and get it framed for his personal collection.

Donald - I agree, awesome pics. And good idea. I think I'll do that!
'72 Skier (Orange)
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2015 at 9:31pm
Eric NauticoRico   Awesome CCF site name, I'm sure you will grow into it well!
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NauticoRico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2015 at 9:39pm
Thanks Scott - I'll try my best!
'72 Skier (Orange)
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2015 at 9:50pm
You guys just wish you looked liked Donald ...   Nice new ride big guy !!
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2015 at 12:24am
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

You guys just wish you looked liked Donald ...   !

Thanks Godfather !!!! I can not believe all of this player hating I am hearing. I knew I could count on you.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2015 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Donald can I get a few wallet sized?

$50.00 buck via Pay Pal just for the shipping and handling charges. Dang stamps have gone up. I normally get $100.00 but I will consider it an early wedding gift for you and your lovely bride.
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2015 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Can I get mine autographed ?

The last five I gave you where going to the kids at the orphanage or so you said. You better not have that freaky shrine of me in your closet.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2015 at 12:46am
Ok Don who squealed?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2015 at 10:34am
Gary that's actually Greg on the tube.......He anchored the Mustang out and used the tube as a water taxi to get to it....However, he did admit to using said tube to take the Dogs tubing. A legitimate excuse if its true....Still gave him grief over it though.

Kyle, (Kristins' BF) did an excellent job at taking pics....I think the snaps we both took, we could fill up the CCFan calendar for next year.

And it's a good thing The Donald brought Natalie with him as he was already embarrassing her with some of his antics.......I can't imagine what the reaction would have been when he showed us his tower dancing skills on the new boat.

Kudos to the gang who are a little trimmer and thinner since last time I saw all y'all..... The hard work has paid off. Y'all are looking good. Keep up the good work!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
NCtique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2015 at 12:07pm
had a good time seeing some nice boats and meeting some new people. lookin forward to another get together!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by northcoastidol northcoastidol wrote:

Eric NauticoRico   Awesome CCF site name, I'm sure you will grow into it well!

this coming from a guy whose site name is "northcoastidol"? LOL.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2015 at 12:48pm
Plus + Plus what everybody else has already said, HUGE thanks to the entire Fossett crew for the wonderful hospitality and all associated with it, great time great event!!

Big thanks to Alan and Dana for giving me a lift down and back, your new rig sure made for a comfortable trip!!

And a big shout out to Reid for bringing enough boats so us boatless people were not boatless at all!!

Great to meet a few new faces and see all the other familiar ones!!!
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 9:08pm
Ok gang I am looking for some help here.......It has been confirmed that another such event has received full family approval (and perhaps some level of excitement)...........
With this said, and in all seriousness I would ask those who attended what if anything would you say could be done to improve the event, what may have been missing etc.
The goal being improving the event for everyone

I thought the timing was good - someone else (my wife Sue) thought perhaps earlier by a couple of weeks but I am not sure I agree

If you can post comments here while somewhat fresh in your mind we will have reference to look. back on prior to the next event

Fossett - Out
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 9:27pm
I thought it was perfect. Seriously, above and beyond on all the Fossetts + Kyle. Donny on the grill, Reid on the kegs. Samuels on the overflow. Made it way too easy on us out-of-towners.

Maybe you can lower your house closer to the water. My only complaint.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 9:38pm
Ha, fewer steps- great call. I would suggest ordering sunshine for Sat next time. Tique recommends getting more donuts. That's all I've got.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Ok gang I am looking for some help here...........I would ask those who attended what if anything would you say could be done to improve the event,

Not a gosh darn thing................

Seriously thou....I think you should be asking ....what do YOU need from US?

Did you need more food stuff, supplies, help from us? That would be the only thing I would change. I felt that Susan, Kristin and Kyle were working hard to make sure we were all well fed etc.

More cleats on the huge dock of yours even if they are the cheap plastic ones installed on the external portions of the dock just for the weekend. I was a little concerned about someone tripping over a dock line as there were only the 4 cleats for 8 or so boats tied up.

If our northern brothers have Columbus day off as a norm then I say keep it that weekend as it makes it easier and less painful to travel plus it's a longer weekend of fun for them.

Fantastic gathering and perfect for what we need....We just don't want to over burden y'all with the onslaught of peeps.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 9:42pm
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 11:06pm
I think Greg could use a PayPal donation or two for everything he did......
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 7:52am
don't throw good parties while I'm out of the country?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 10:27am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

don't throw good parties while I'm out of the country?

Thats okay your dad tried to make up for your absense...... When the Capt. Cannonball rum was being passed around he kept changing his position in the circle so that he was always the 3rd person the bottle was passed to. He did the same thing when the Fireball was broken out.
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 10:31am
Can't imagine putting an event like this on. Perfect hosts and a remarkable location. For me it was a no brainer heading down the coast at same time ofyear i just adjusted my schedule a little. Glad I did.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 10:54am
I echo what has been said above. Great event, great time for all.. Changes? Paraphrasing John Kennedy, its not what you can do for us, but what we can do for you, mostly in the area of food. Clearly the hosts did more than their share of the heavy lifting both costwise and effortwise, related to food. I felt bad seeing "the women" spend an inordinate amount of time in the kitchen, when they should have been out playing or mingling. So only recommended change: more planning related to food in terms of guests stepping up to help with offerings, costs and preparation....with the exception of Donald who gets the awesome grillman award.

Next discussion is scheduling. Reid was always pretty much every other year. Tim was every year, then decided on an every other year schedule. As it ended up, their every other years are presently coinciding. Should they be staggered or are both of those events the same year far enough apart (timewise and maybe distancewise). Now with the Fossett's very successful event in the mix, I heard talk of alternating the NC fall event between the two venues. Does that mean we only get to go to Gregs or Reids every fours years. (R-T-G-T-R-T-G-T...) That is unacceptable. Well, I'll let you guys figure that out. Again kudos to all the Fossetts and Kyle and those who helped make this one, one for the books.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 11:15am
Don't plan around CT mini schedules... We're unlikely to ever push past Labor Day. There should be plenty of room for a late August northeast get together and another in NC 4-6 weeks later in the same year. No guarantee we'll stick with late Aug up here either!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 11:29am
From what I hear the Buckethead has likely replaced any August reunuions.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 11:38am
I mentioned to Tim at Greg's I think Gregg and Todd Benj, Jbear, anyone else we can think of who qualifies, and myself putting together a 60 and older Buckethead team. I paused for a minute wondering where we would get a boat then duh! it came to me we have one of the coolest BF boats in the world on that team. Tim didn't think that sounded like a bad idea. I think I might be talking big tho. I cant speak for the other guys, but if they are like me, we would be transitioning every 30 seconds, which wouldn't be good for "track position" (as they say in NASCAR) I have a feeling they might have more endurance than me, but if I don't get tired, my feet start to burn up real quick.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

From what I hear the Buckethead has likely replaced any August reunuions.

Tbd, Bruce. Gotta see what the buckethead dates looks like. There may be an opportunity to do both. Buckethead takes priority in my schedule as of now though!

I think there is enough interest to put together a pretty good Sunday Funday race at the bucket next year. It fell apart this year due to lack of organization and it was a real shame. I think we could put together 2-4 teams from CCFan alone to compete in a 19 mile race. Might be a better option than the 38-miler on Sat... That was pretty intense.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 12:12pm
I will qualify for a >50 team and will be skiing in the buckethead if someone will have me - already made the nod to Joe.......
I laid the challenge out to my buddy Carl (he did not bite). I will train this winter / spring summer and will commit to drop another 15 pounds and toughen up the feet / endurance, pick up the fuel to drag his BFN to the event and back - sounded like a good deal to me......guess I will need to stick with the training and simply keep my name in the mix.
Larry - you will need to be my winter skiing / training partner (I know you have the drysuit!). We need to work on leaving the ramp by the house and skiing to the town of Badin before spring time - you in?

You other fella's how about this years New Years Day Tournament?

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I mentioned to Tim at Greg's I think Gregg and Todd Benj, Jbear, anyone else we can think of who qualifies, and myself putting together a 60 and older Buckethead team. I paused for a minute wondering where we would get a boat then duh! it came to me we have one of the coolest BF boats in the world on that team. Tim didn't think that sounded like a bad idea. I think I might be talking big tho. I cant speak for the other guys, but if they are like me, we would be transitioning every 30 seconds, which wouldn't be good for "track position" (as they say in NASCAR) I have a feeling they might have more endurance than me, but if I don't get tired, my feet start to burn up real quick.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NauticoRico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 12:29pm
Greg - glad to hear there will be a repeat event, looking forward to it! Everything was great - I'm having a hard time finding anything that needs improvement. It was the perfect way for us northerners to extend our season and hang on to summer for a little longer. Oh, I just thought of one suggestion - more Holman Moody races!

But I'll second Timbob and Larry that we (guests) can do more to help ease the burden of hosting.
'72 Skier (Orange)
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 1:11pm
Correct me if I'm wrong Greg but didn't you suggest having a mini at your lake was because Reid and the Benjamins were going to a bi annual event and we weren't having either this year? We who attend these minis and Fans houses know what a chore it is to host a bunch of boat/ski bums for a long weekend so thats why it's becoming a bi annual event for some. I guess it would ultimately be up to you and Reid if you wanted a repeat in 2016 and Reid forgo the Pinkham Point Party then that's for you guys to work it out. Either location is a great and grand time is had by all and thats what really matters.

Originally posted by NauticoRico NauticoRico wrote:

Oh, I just thought of one suggestion - more Holman Moody races!

I'm for that! Would have been more if dummy me would have palnned to stay til Monday.....I know better than that....... Rookie Mistake
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 1:21pm
I'll throw this one out there.........

It pretty much was but make " The Badin Blowout" a 18'ft and under only event unless the only one you have is over 18'. One of the coolest pictures taken was of all the 40 years of sterns shot. How cool would it be to have a dozen in that shot?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 891011>
  Share Topic