Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badin Lake Mini Oct 9,10,11

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 11>
Author
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2015 at 2:51pm
Greg,
Can I come boat less Friday after work. Yes, I have returned to the work force so the gov'ment can claim another drop in unemployment. Hope to arrive between 8 and 10 pm.
Jackie
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2015 at 3:09pm
Jackie
You are more than welcome.. Returned to work though - guessing there is a story to go along with this..
I am thinking we will be fine on the boats -

Regards
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Thomas320 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2015 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by dwouncmd dwouncmd wrote:

Originally posted by Thomas320 Thomas320 wrote:

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Thomas,

where in NC are you?

We are between Durham and Hillsborough. We boat at Jordan and Hyco.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

I am in Hillsborough. We will have to get together.

Having said that skiing (and almost anything else considered fun) is on hold for me, a back injury last week has me in recovery mode

Let me know when your back is better, would be great to meet up.
Searching for first SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2015 at 9:13am
I caught up with John Gillette last night at the local ski show. Brought up this event and think he is good for an appearance early Friday or Saturday morning. Would like to get a line up with JG in it -kind of like skiing (footing with a legend) without the trip to FL /Wi.

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2015 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by ultrahots ultrahots wrote:

Anyone from the Midwest want to Carpool ?

I'm driving from Milwaukee/Chicago area. I have to drive because I'm bringing a boat back but would be interested in caravaning if schedules work out.

Originally posted by scootdogydog scootdogydog wrote:

Who hasn't had a ride in a SN python before?

me

We'll be driving as well but I don't know when we're leaving yet or if we're bringing a boat. Guess we should just touch base a few weeks before and compare schedules.

I have a Truck, Boat, and Room to spare so let me know. Just seems like a long drive by myself ! Could be the first outing for the 83.
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2015 at 12:14am
This might well be my excuse to head south for the season if welcome. Will have the Atom Skier in tow.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2015 at 1:16pm
Jack
Load up and make the trek - October in North Carolina is a great time of year.
The invite is an open invite - you are welcome to attend and enjoy in the good times.
Hope to see you in October
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
91NaughtyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91NaughtyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 5:42pm
I am fairly new to the forum, but I am on Lake Tillery so count me in!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 6:57pm
Gary
Welcome to the site - lets see some pictures of your ride. Look forward to meeting you in October. I will post directions to the launch as time draws closer but if your are familiar with Badin Lake it will be the old Circle Drive Access. This is less than 1/4 mile from my place.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91NaughtyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 11:14pm
Will do on the pics.!! Looking forward to it.
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 1:20am
Originally posted by ultrahots ultrahots wrote:

Anyone from the Midwest want to Carpool ? I have the truck and boat ?

Terry, when are planning on leaving and returning?
I'm tempted to make this one happen
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2015 at 10:50am
I am open to pretty much anything. We could leave and return red eye style on any day. I am hoping to take the 83 but if all else fails the Show is still in one piece.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 12:13pm
So this may be a bit premature but it will help in planning & organizing if we could get a head / boat count started.   The watcha' bringin' can follow-
I will be on-site beginning Wednesday if there are those interested in showing up early and having some week-day fun on the water. Just keep in mind that you may be "tasked" with a thing or two....

1. Greg / Sue / Kristin / Kyle > '05 -206 SN, 71 HM Mustang (backup) and perhaps the "56 Chris Craft if time permits. 4 adults

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 4:20pm

1. Greg / Sue / Kristin / Kyle > '05 -206 SN, 71 HM Mustang (backup) and perhaps the "56 Chris Craft if time permits. 4 adults
2. Steve / Val > 91 BFN plus GMC 3500 withTruck Camper - Friday afternoon arrival (ready to work, but not too much - )
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 4:29pm

2. Steve / Val > 91 BFN plus GMC 3500 withTruck Camper - Friday afternoon arrival (ready to work, but not too much -
3. Larry, 76 Tique. (maybe fri, def sat, maybe sun)
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 5:06pm
2. Steve / Val > 91 BFN plus GMC 3500 withTruck Camper - Friday afternoon arrival (ready to work, but not too much -   
4. Alan / Dana, Rv and probably 55 Hurricane, Sometime Friday arrival
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 9:43pm
5. David / Ridgely, 99 Sport, staying at our place, Fri arrival at this point...could be earlier
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 10:23pm
Gene and Scott Monahan, Fri AM 81 SN maybe?
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 6:10pm
2. Steve / Val > 91 BFN plus GMC 3500 withTruck Camper - Friday afternoon arrival    
5. David / Ridgely, 99 Sport, staying at our place, Fri arrival at this point...could be earlier
6. Gene and Scott Monahan, Fri AM 81 SN maybe?
7. Foot(TimBob)/ Original Kim (OK) > Kermit' or Miss Scarlett??? TBD   Thurs-Sun

Greg, what do you need from us? Food, Drinks, Charcoal, Picnic supplies? We wanna help with feeding the onslaught of CCFans crashing in on your compound. What cha need us to bring other than boats, babes and booze?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 7:19pm
Tim et all
The Fossett's will have two gas grills along with a turkey fryer available for cooking, additionally I have and will be available for communal use as needed, two large coolers (of the 4' to 5' variety) to keep the beverages cool.
Things that are needed or should be given consideration towards for those coming.....,.
1. Beer (or dare I say) other beverage's you care to keep hydrated with. If you are bringing those who are not of the legal drinking age please do forget their drinks as well. I have some soda (or pop depending on where you are from) that will be available for public consumption.
2. Ice - this always seems to go almost as quick as the beer. There is a general store < 3 miles from my place and I will alert them to a potential on-onslaught of folks looking for beer and ice.
3. Fuel, while there is fuel on the lake (they should still be open) there is a filling station (Tank and Tummy, only in NC would it be called Tank and Tummy) that sells ethanol free fuel that is ~ 4 miles from our place. It is located on the intersection of highway 49 and 8. Filling here before launching will save you ~0.30/gallon over the on the water price.
4. Paper plates, plastic silverware, napkins, paper towels
5. Camping chairs (think tailgating type) - I have about 6 or so but additional are always a good idea
6. Chips / crackers etc.
7. Breakfast items for Saturday - eggs / bacon / sausage / coffee.
8. If anyone has a large coffee maker(s) and could bring it that would be great.
9. Styrofoam coffee cups / cream / sugar
10. More beer and ice
11. Large salad and assorted dressings

Reid P has confirmed that he will be bringing his kegerator with him so I will coordinate and make sure to have something to fill it with.

For general meals I was thinking something along the line of...

Friday night - kind of playing it by ear to see what the arrival's look like but most likely pizza and or pasta
Saturday breakfast - bacon / eggs / pancakes / sausage
Saturday lunch - burgers and hot dogs
Saturday dinner - open for suggestions with salt potatoes

Sunday am - Bacon / egg biscuits / sausage egg biscuits
Sunday lunch - grilled chicken
Sunday dinner - tbd depending on planned departures

Other important things to know or consider.
The nearest (and recommended) grocery store is Food Lion at the intersection of highway 49 and 52. This is ~12 miles from the camp.

The nearest place to buy beer and ice is Badin Lake General Store. It is roughly 3 miles from the camp but will carries mostly domestic flavors.

Lodging. The place is what it is - it is not big but it is comfortable and we will have a good time. There is plenty of lawn space to set up tents, plenty of available parking (please not the driveway space is pretty much taken with 2 motor homes and a slide in. The main floor of the house has two couches that have not been claimed at this time. They will only be available on a first come, first served basis. The downstairs basement is wide open with the exception of a full bath. The basement currently has a couch in it that is available for someone and lots of floor space to open up some cots or air mattresses - do not plan on much for privacy in the basement - wide open means no walls (you can hang a sheet if you like for privacy).

Dock Space. I have room for three boats at my dock and should be able to secure some space from my neighbor and hope to have some makeshift moorings in place as well. Bring your boat bumpers as we will need to tie off to one another's boats. We are in a semi no-wake zone so wave action is not an issue.

Terrain - If you have been to Tim B's and remember the driveway, well my terrain is similar only our place is at the top of the hill and has a concrete path down tot the dock. If you have a Fitbit the hill is good for 4 to 5 flights of stairs, yes I know this and am still keeping score!

Ski's. I have a few. I will talk to the ski team and try to grab some twinks and barefoot lines for a some tandem runs,

I am sure I am forgetting many items - feel free to suggest and or update

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
NCtique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 12:49am
looking forward to attending the event. Just down the road a bit! bringing the 85!
Close family owns a snack company, ill put in an order for a few cases of chips, snacks!
would like to make sure a tent spot is available for Saturday night?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 12:53am
Sounds good. Plenty of tent space come on. Welcome to the site and let's see some pictures of your 86
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
NCtique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 1:04am

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 1:33am
This sounds like it is gonna be a blast. Sorry that I cannot make it..to much goin' on elsewhere this Fall. But have fun and make sure to post lots of pics!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91NaughtyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Gary
Welcome to the site - lets see some pictures of your ride. Look forward to meeting you in October. I will post directions to the launch as time draws closer but if your are familiar with Badin Lake it will be the old Circle Drive Access. This is less than 1/4 mile from my place.

Here is a pic of my 91. Getting ready to go out on Tillery for a bit, so I snapped a quick pic.
1991 Ski Nautique
(Previous)1984 Ski Nautique 2001
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by wrote:

2. Steve / Val > 91 BFN plus GMC 3500 withTruck Camper - Friday afternoon arrival    
7. Foot(TimBob)/ Original Kim (OK) > Kermit' or Miss Scarlett??? TBD   Thurs-Sun
9. Donald / Natalie (14) ,+ Kerry (Wife) Sat only, 2002 Sport, Friday Am - Sun. Tent on Flat.

1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

9. Donald / Natalie (14) ,2002 Sport, Entire Month October, or Friday Am - Sun. Tent on Flat.
10. Ryan Crusse (Pat is questionable). Atom Skier for show. Saturday

]
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
84SNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84SNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2015 at 12:25am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

9. Donald / Natalie (14) ,2002 Sport, Entire Month October, or Friday Am - Sun. Tent on Flat.
10. Ryan Crusse (Pat is questionable). Atom Skier for show. Saturday
11. Quintin / Laurie...84 2001.... Saturday only.

]
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2015 at 10:27am
Greg,

My wife, Kerry, will be hanging out on Saturday, but only for Saturday.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Captain Nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2015 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by NCtique NCtique wrote:

I really dig the style and color combos on your Ski Nautique.
Live life to the fullest!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 11>
  Share Topic