NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badin Lake Mini Oct 9,10,11

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 11>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2015 at 11:34am
Marty, Get someone from the NE that's going to Greg's to drive to Maine to pick up that motor and I'll throw some Moxie on the truck with it.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 3:51pm
How much horsepower is going to be hanging off that 'dyne?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 4:04pm
I don't know. 150ish?
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 4:37pm
150 Yamaha
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2015 at 9:53am
[QUOTE=quinner] 1. Greg / Sue / Kristin / Kyle > '05 -206 SN, 71 HM Mustang (backup) and perhaps the "56 Chris Craft if time permits. 4 adults
2. Steve / Val > 91 BFN plus GMC 3500 withTruck Camper - Friday afternoon arrival    
3. Larry, 76 Tique. (maybe fri, def sat, maybe sun)
4. Alan / Dana, Rv , Sometime Friday arrival
5. David / Ridgely, 99 Sport, staying at our place, Fri arrival at this point...could be earlier
6. Gene and Scott Monahan, Fri AM 81 SN maybe?
7. Foot(TimBob)/ Original Kim (OK) > Kermit' or Miss Scarlett??? TBD   Thurs-Sun
8. Donald / Natalie (14) ,2002 Sport, Entire Month October, or Friday Am - Sun. Tent on Flat.
9. Ryan Crusse (Pat is questionable). Atom Skier for show. Saturday
10. Quintin / Laurie...84 2001.... Saturday only.
11. Sheldon Flicking / Haley Clamp > Fri (?) Sat, Sun
12. Tm/Sara/Tique Friday PM potentially boatless
13. Scott/Rico Friday PM python potentially, rico's skier probable
14. HW/Jackie2 Friday after dark - Hydrodyne 17.6 xtb
15. Jack Sat Atom Skier
16. Chris / Maddie (16) Quinn Friday AM
17. Reid / Laurie several boats Friday AM
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2015 at 8:27pm
Reading the list of attendees is like reading a veritable Who's Who" of CCFans. It's like a collection of Legends. The cherry on top would have been JBear. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. I hope to be in Fri. pm and out Mon. sometime.
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2015 at 11:18pm
Still considering this. Any Midwest looking for a ride ?
the grinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the grinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2015 at 9:28pm
Greg,
Water is pretty low up stream at High Rock. How is the water level down there? I can certainly offer a strong back if you need help with anything Thurs/Fri., otherwise, I'll commute down on Sat with the Barefoot.
It takes a big hole to bury an elephant.

Kirk Miller   [URL=http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/register.asp?FID=7]KIRKS79/URL]
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2015 at 10:17pm
Badin is down but last Inchecked I had water at the dock and all ramps are open and the water level is to hold. I am headed there this weekend to check things out further

Thank you for the offer of help - I may take you up on the offer. Tim and I are planning on being on the water on Friday so feel free to come on over
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2015 at 2:50pm
Just received a note from John Gillette inquiring about a preferred time and day to come spend a half day with us - I was thinking Saturday am but will put it out for public comment.
Sunday is out for John.

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2015 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Tim and I are planning on being on the water on Friday so feel free to come on over

Had several requests that 'Kermit make the trip and to leave Miss Scarlett at home....

The Holman Moody wake up the lake party is Thursday night!

LPSL

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2015 at 4:08pm
Friday or Saturday is good with me..

Tim, I concur with the decision to bring the mustang. I was going to mention that. Probably plenty of good ski boats there already, so bringing the cool ride is a good choice.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2015 at 4:11pm
Park it next to Greg's for a little extra motivation
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2015 at 4:56pm
HW
That kind of hurts....
For what it is worth I have a carb re-build kit sitting in the garage and if any of those with the know want to give a lesson on the rebuild we will dump it into the lake and use as a "filler boat" and some line em up and let em rip sessions.......

Heck, I even insured it last week.........
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2015 at 4:59pm
I am not in the know but would also be willing to watch.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2015 at 5:10pm
Shoot, so much for my HM Eater smack talk. Morfoot's mustang will be there, but I wont talk so boldly about that one, that one seems to skitter right along. And if Reid brings his orange one, well, I'll probably just leave mine on the trailer.

BTW: JMurph? Dr Wayne? Jackiewdeen? Marty? (in the conversation but not signed up)Jeff Carroll?
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2015 at 9:47pm
I will be at my place starting thurs night and will be down your way that night for a beer or the next morning to give a hand. I was down this past weekend and the level has only changed an inch since then. Ramp was open and water wasn't an issue in most places. I didn't make it all the way up in Greg's cove. Looking forward to seeing some great boats,drinking some beers and learning a little too. Would like to see that carb rebuild!
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2015 at 10:24pm
Just looked at the weather forecast for Charlotte and it is rain for the next couple of days - lets hope Badin gets some of that this weekend. I will be heading up there on Sunday and working from there next week - think I will be searching to find a friend to give me a pull prior to work, lunch and after work......

I will measure water depth at the dock this weekend but am thinking I have about ~30" or so right now.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 8:38am
1. Greg / Sue / Kristin / Kyle > '05 -206 SN, 71 HM Mustang (backup) and perhaps the "56 Chris Craft if time permits. 4 adults
2. Steve / Val > 91 BFN plus GMC 3500 withTruck Camper - Friday afternoon arrival    
3. Larry, 76 Tique. (maybe fri, def sat, maybe sun)
4. Alan / Dana, Rv , Sometime Friday arrival
5. David / Ridgely, 99 Sport, staying at our place, Fri arrival at this point...could be earlier
6. Gene and Scott Monahan, Fri AM 81 SN maybe?
7. Foot(TimBob)/ Original Kim (OK) > Kermit' or Miss Scarlett??? TBD   Thurs-Sun
8. Donald / Natalie (14) ,2002 Sport, Entire Month October, or Friday Am - Sun. Tent on Flat.
9. Ryan Crusse (Pat is questionable). Atom Skier for show. Saturday
10. Quintin / Laurie...84 2001.... Saturday only.
11. Sheldon Flicking / Haley Clamp > Fri (?) Sat, Sun
12. Tm/Sara/Tique Friday PM potentially boatless
13. Scott/Rico Friday PM python potentially, rico's skier probable
14. HW/Jackie2 Friday after dark - Hydrodyne 17.6 xtb
15. Jack Sat Atom Skier
16. Chris / Maddie (16) Quinn Friday AM
17. Reid / Laurie several boats Friday AM
18. Wayne 78 Tique Friday afternoon
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 8:51am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

BTW: JMurph? Dr Wayne? Jackiewdeen? Marty? (in the conversation but not signed up)Jeff Carroll?

Just added my name. I will be at a meeting in Chicago for the whole week prior, arriving back in NC on Friday morning, so I had to make sure my wife wouldn't be missing me too much if I turned right around for Badin Lake (she didn't even bat an eye, go figure). I haven't skied since I hurt my back in early August. Hopefully I will be ready by then...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 9:47am
Originally posted by dwouncmd dwouncmd wrote:

I will be at a meeting in Chicago for the whole week prior

What's up Doc?? Where at exactly, lot's of Chicago guys here, perhaps we need to get a Chicago Beers going??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 9:48am
* Jackie has confirmed that he will be arriving on Friday night-
* JMurph has obligations that will keep him away
* Jeff Carroll is aware of the event and is a "possibility" - looks like he just acquired a Ski   Nautique so who knows......
* My buddy Chad Colby who lives on Lake Tillery will be there with family. Doubtful that he will bring his Hydrodyne
* Carl Rubidge and his BFN are a possibility for Friday or Saturday
* Justin Landers and his Hydrodyne XTB is a possibility as well

I cannot recall if I posted an earlier post made mention of securing some ski gear from the ski team so that we have matching length barefoot ropes, show boards and a set of pyramid ropes / braids. And a big NO to CQ you are not climbing any pyramid.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 12:38pm
Here is hoping for some rain, sure would be a bummer if we all show up in a few weeks and the Moose out front says "Sorry Folks, Lakes Closed". Guess all that would leave us to do was drink beer all weekend :)
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

I cannot recall if I posted an earlier post made mention of securing some ski gear from the ski team so that we have matching length barefoot ropes, show boards and a set of pyramid ropes / braids. And a big NO to CQ you are not climbing any pyramid.

How come I never get to be on top???
     Brandon
HW            CQ
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 3:27pm
CQ - I am going to use my better judgement and just let the opportunity to comment pass on to someone else
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 3:41pm
It is currently my intent to come down with a truck and my 83 ski nautique and bring along hot dogs and salt potatoes. I haven't chimed in sooner because I have been away from the office a ton lately and don't know yet how long I can get away for... worst case I'll have to fly in.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 3:52pm
Joe
If you are flying, the closest airport would be Greensboro (GSO) which is easy in and and out if you can get there direct. Otherwise Raleigh (RDU or Charlotte (CLT) are pretty close to the same distance to the lake..
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Originally posted by dwouncmd dwouncmd wrote:

I will be at a meeting in Chicago for the whole week prior

What's up Doc?? Where at exactly, lot's of Chicago guys here, perhaps we need to get a Chicago Beers going??

Quinnner, I would love to hang out...I will there from Sunday night (arriving about 7 pm) through Friday morning. I am staying at the Hyatt on Wacker Drive. The meeting is at McCormick Place. I will be working during the day most days but can be free parts of some days and most nights.
89 SN
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Here is hoping for some rain, sure would be a bummer if we all show up in a few weeks and the Moose out front says "Sorry Folks, Lakes Closed". Guess all that would leave us to do was drink beer all weekend :)

Our lake has been dropping for the first time in 2 years (we lost about a foot over the past month). It is raining cats and dogs right now, and it is supposed to go on for much of the rest of the weekend. I bet we get several inches at least.

Having to drink all that beer and do nothing but eat would really be too bad...
89 SN
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 6:12pm
I am still on the fence about attending . I don't want to tow the 210 all that way . I was thinking I would bring my next project but its a 92 Supra Comp TS6M . Would you guys have a problem with a different brand there? I don't want to start any trouble?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic