NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badin Lake Mini Oct 9,10,11

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 11>
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 6:25pm
I cant speak for the group, but I think that would be just fine, and kind of old home day for me, having had an 89 comp for 11 years. Nice boats. That style, that went back into the 80s, in my mind, was a generation ahead of the 2001s.

Besides that, what would a southern gathering be without Gail's ever present smile?
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 6:28pm
Michael
Not sure that others will hold this against you but you know how passionate these CCFANS can be about brand loyalty
I would say that as long as you are a CCFAN and CC owner you will get a "pass" and some friendly ribbing about a Supra but I would not let this deter you from coming.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

I am on the fence about attending . I don't want to start any trouble?

Mike,

The only way you will start trouble is if you and Gail do not attend. Everyone knows that you have one of the finest Correct Crafts around. Bring any brand. We will just consider you more open minded than us. LOL !!!

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 11:48pm
Hello fellow Correct Craft Fans, I am the proud owner of a 1978 Ski Tlique and was wondering about this boating event at Badin Lake, is it open to anyone or do you have to be a member to attend. I have a place at Badin Shores and would love to come hang out with some Correct Craft Fans.
shadow
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 3:11am
you have to know the secret handshake

sit by the ramp with a pair of binoculars and observe people doing it. you'll figure it out after you see it 6 or 8 times.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 7:24am
Shadow, don't forget the sterile gloves, too.

A better bunch youll never meet! Do it! Wish the Smith family was going, but we are heading to Colorado to surprise a slightly "homesick" Lauren for her first College Dive meet!! Have a great time, I will be watching for pictures!
Js
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

I am still on the fence about attending . I don't want to tow the 210 all that way . I was thinking I would bring my next project but its a 92 Supra Comp TS6M . Would you guys have a problem with a different brand there? I don't want to start any trouble?

Get off the fence and drag the supra Comp up there.... Even though you have 3 Supra's which is more than the avg CC guy, we know the queen of the Hunter fleet is your calendar girl 210. We know you can take the ribbing cause I've been giving you crap about it all summer. (It does ski pretty good though). See you next week!

Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

Hello fellow Correct Craft Fans, I am the proud owner of a 1978 Ski Tique and was wondering about this boating event at Badin Lake, is it open to anyone or do you have to be a member

Screen name, 78 Correct Craft Ski Tique..... Member since July of 2015 pretty much punches your ticket for admission to come join us.....We'll forgo the secret handshake provided you buy the first round for all CCFans in attendance that have more site seniority than you    
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 8:37am
Jerry,
I think I may have seen you on the water this summer - I am thinking that your Tique is white / red and you may have been pulling the kids around. I have a white / blue 206 open bow that is usually sporting a bimini top.

As others have chimed in, you are welcome to come and have some fun and meet some new folks and genuinely enjoy yourself. If you go back through this post you will see how to get to my place - very simple from where you are coming from. It would be a bit of a shame for any fellow CCFAN's who are on the lake or in the area not to make the trek.

As you have not been to one of these events before I would offer the following.......
1. The basic premise of these events are the boats and passion we share for them
2. The friendships that are made through the boats and towed water sports that each of enjoy (note: tubing is not a towed water sport but is sometimes required to keep some members of the family happy>> just remember not to get caught on camera pulling a tube with your ski boat. )
3. The events are very casual and family's are welcome. It should go without saying there will be alcohol involved however it is not excessive / abused (until maybe after all the boats are parked for the night and the visible audience is age appropriate............
4. Food and beverages are pretty much communal and there is a sign up sheet on another thread on this site.
Any questions feel free to give me a call at 704.506.5905
Greg
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Jerry,
I think I may see you genuinely enjoy yourself. If you go back through this post you will see how to get to my shame area.

As you have not been to one of these events before I would offer the following.......
1. The basic premise of these events are the ass we share that each enjoy (note: required to keep some members happy>> just remember not to get caught on camera)
3. The events are very casual and there will be alcohol involved however it is excessive / abused and visible............
4. For pretty males sign up on another thread on this site.
Any questions feel free to give me a call at 704.506.5905
Greg
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 9:32pm
Looking forward to hanging out with you Correct Craft Fans!
shadow
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 7:47pm
I am going to go ahead and put a plug in for our local board shop in the Badin Lake Area- Blueway Paddle and Surf will be having a sale going on while this get together is happening. This is a great local small business that is closing out it's 2015 stock -
if you have the time to stop in or browse on line please do so

Blueway Paddle and Surf

http://bluewaypaddlesurf.com/collections/wake-surfboards
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2015 at 9:53pm
Had seen it on the Alcoa website but I saw it with my own eyes today, the lake is up two feet since earlier in the week which was welcome news. Looking forward to the weekend.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 9:33am
Greg did you post your address? I couldn't find it.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 10:31am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

So I tried to capture a a couple of images from Google Earth. One is intended to show available parking / camping / trailer storage and the other to show proximity to the boat launch.
The address is 242 Aberdeen Court East, New London NC if anyone wants to check out further. For what it is worth the launch is ~ 1/4 mile away

[/IMG][/IMG]
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 11:06am
[QUOTE=NCH20SKIER] if you have the time to stop in or browse on line please do so
Blueway Paddle and Surf
/QUOTE]
Greg,
I went to the Blueway site and could not find any tubes even under "towables"! If I didn't miss them, it's sure a pleasure to find a retailer of water sport equipment that doesn't feel tubing is appropriate and not considered to be a sport.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
91NaughtyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91NaughtyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 11:17am
NCH20SKIER - Well as it turns out I won't be able to make it. I have to fly out tomorrow morning and won't be returning until late Sat night. I hope you guys have a blast and I hope to catch the next one.

Gary
1991 Ski Nautique
(Previous)1984 Ski Nautique 2001
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 11:54am
Originally posted by samudj01 samudj01 wrote:

Had seen it on the Alcoa website but I saw it with my own eyes today, the lake is up two feet since earlier in the week which was welcome news. Looking forward to the weekend.

At our house (about an 1:45 from Greg's) we have had well over a foot of rain in the last week (over 10 inches in the last three days). Our lake is the highest I have ever seen it, and has come up over a foot in a week.   The water is still pouring in, all of the usually dry creek beds are full, and outflow is really moving. Looking like the sun returns next weekend! Getting both rain and sun just in time!
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 1:30pm
Thx Larry. The marker for 242 Aberdeen Court is a bit off but we are the only house off Aberdeen. If you follow Aberdeen to the end there is a cull de sac that you can turn around in
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2015 at 12:52pm
Greg
Just wanted to tell you my hitch from Indianapolis fell through- so with that being said, won't need to store the boat at your place. I really appreciate the kind offer! Wish it would have worked out- but I'm at the mercy of others.

Trbenj.- I will hold your transmission till a future date- won't be making the trip sadly.

Air206- you'll need to come to FL to drive the new BFN. Wish I'd be seeing you guys to put the new boat through its paces, but didn't work out as planned.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2015 at 5:43pm
Guys, especially you northern guys. I just had to leave the office to run a quick errand. Man, it is spectacular outside, and its going to be comparable this weekend. Every thing fell into place.. Tons of rain so water levels are back to normal or above and its has cleared up in time for a few 80 degree days to help take the chill of the recharged water and bring us nice weather to enjoy. Doesn't get any better than that.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2015 at 7:17pm
I walked on the dock this morning and man the water looked very nice with a bit of morning fog lifting up off from it. As Larry said, the lake is within 6" of being full and lets hope that anything coming down river finds its way over the dam before Thursday afternoon when Timbob and I survey the waters.....
Travel safe folks
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2015 at 1:51pm
For those who may be on the fence.......the weather is forecasted to be in the mid to high 70's all weekend. While I cannot promise this I will post a tease from a few moments ago

[/IMG]
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2015 at 2:32pm
Very disappointed Im missing out on this one. Next time...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2015 at 2:52pm
Very excited to hit the road tomorrow afternoon Greg.   So busy at work there was an outside chance we'd have to cancel but Dana and I have been putting in 13 hour days to clear the next few and all is good. See ya soon.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2015 at 3:36pm
Alan,

Glad you and Dana are making it. Lake George 2008 was a long time ago, same timeline as Quinner.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2015 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Alan,

Glad you and Dana are making it. Lake George 2008 was a long time ago, same timeline as Quinner.

Well out of the 3 of us Dana gets better like fine wine, the other 2 more like cheese!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2015 at 6:53pm
I understand how that goes.....
So the other night Sue asks......
What are we doing for our anniversary?
Me - We are having a party - my CCFAN buddies are coming to help us celebrate!
Sue - oh, OK. Glad she is such a good sport. After 26 years she probably saw it coming....

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Alan,

Well out of the 3 of us Dana gets better like fine wine, the other 2 more like cheese!
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2015 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Dana gets better like fine wine, the other 2 more like cheese!

Would that be full of holes or Blue?

Prayers to Ms Dana for putting up with you two clowns for 13 hrs on the road but at least she can escape to back of the bus!

Got the 30 cup coffee maker covered, coffee, cups and creamer. What else you need Greg?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2015 at 9:26pm
I will need to double check the whatchin bringin' list and will post over there later tonight or in the am
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2015 at 6:08am
hit it hard this weekend guys, wish I could be there

and lets see some pics
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic