NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badin Lake Mini Oct 9,10,11

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 11>
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2015 at 11:53pm
Going to try to post a link of the "after efforts of Rico / Tim and Joe. 48.7 on gps

Tuned
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 12:22am
3 men, 16' boat, no seats, 48 mph. At least one of you is pregnant.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 12:24am
Try this one

Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Going to try to post a link of the "after efforts of Rico / Tim and Joe. 48.7 on gps

Tuned
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 1:03am
I also had a great time this weekend, capped by a beautiful and uneventful 12 hour drive today.   Hope everyone did as well in thier travels.   Thanks to the Fossett clan for hosting, they went above and beyond in every way possible!   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 2:34am
Ha that's a great video, that boat is a hoot.

Just rolled into CT, uneventful ride home here as well. Terrific weekend all around. Great to see everyone and extend the boating season a little bit. Greg, Sue and Kristen were fantastic hosts- many thanks guys! A big thank you to David and Ridgely Samuel for hosting some of us as well. Top notch folks all around- can't wait to do it again!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 9:26am
Wow.........What a great time, for those who made the trip and contributed to the fun of all thank you. For those who could not make it, well we will do this again once we can replenish the wood supply and perhaps locate another "project boat" for an exhibition by those in the know.

It was a bit of of a whirlwind with few pictures to recap it from my side. A couple below., the picture of the water is what we were treated with on Monday morning.

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 10:41am
The diversity of our friendships is what gives color to our lives. Such is the case with get togethers like this one. My twelve hour run to Fl was equally uneventful and thats a good thing. Very surprised that a section of I95 is still shut down 100 miles north of Savanna. Fortunatly I was able to avoid that but the traffic on the alternate route was very heavy.
The Fossetts have a lovely home on Badin Lake and were very gracious to open in up and share it with us all. It is my hope to return someday for another. Many others contributed as well to make this a memorable event and one well worth attending. Many thanks to everyone who contributed time and energy to make it happen.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 10:53am
Wow, Wow, and WOW......What another fantastic CCFan weekend. If you missed it then you missed a great one.

It started out bad for me as after all the miles of dragging a boat to a CCFan function the trailer Gremlins finally got me. Took a 6 hr delay just outside of Spartinburg, SC doing hub repair to Kermits carriage but luckily I stopped at the right Mom and Pop clothing store. Two trips to Northern Tool for tools I didn't have with me (ie new file, hacksaw, cold chisel and headlamp). The owner took me to get the tools needed so I didn't have to disconnect the truck from the boat and gave his cell # after the store closed if I needed any further help. There are good people left in this world.

Greg, a huge thanks to you and Susan for putting us up at your lovely lake home for the weekend. Your family went well above the CCFan of duty to accomodate us all. The all day rain on Sat didn't stop the gang at all as some were bold enough to foot in the rain while most of us stayed dry in the huge basement at Gregs and made sure that Reids Kegerator was working properly. Tons of food, fellowship laughter, and a carb rebuilding class on Sat but we did get some lake time when the Sun was out on Friday and Sunday. Pics to come as I was still in recovery mode yesterday. So cool to have so many Hot Rod (less than 18 ft) CC's running together side by side and even rafted up. It was truly a neat thing to see. Thanks again fans for a wonderful way to end the summer. Dang good thing we all don't live closer as this sorta thing would happen on a weekly basis.

Also a BIG shout out to Tim & Rico for tuning up Kermit on Sunday as he developed some running issues. I personally think it was sabotage as the idea of a Mustang race was being thrown around. For some......its win at any cost!

Thanks again guys......CCFans have always been and continue to be the greatest boat buds out there.

Pics to come.....Stay Tuned.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 3:28pm
Post barefoot runs
Scott / Greg / Jackie

Will try to upload a video later

[/IMG]
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 3:38pm
I want to see the video of Scott's dismount! Ha
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 4:49pm
The only thing better to me than having this incredible group at my house is to do it just 50 miles away    I can really appreciate all the time and effort that Greg and his family put into this past weekend as it showed, and the result was an incredibly fabulous time. Badin lake is truly beautiful and this time of year it afforded us all the calm and uncrowded waters we could stand. So thanks to the Fossetts for hosting and to everyone else that showed up.   Can't wait for spring and the SJRR!      
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 6:58pm
Will try to post Scott's classic dismount below

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 10:26pm
As promised here are the 'Footos' from a CCFan " Weekend at Greggies" As always its great hanging with the Fans I've known for over 10+ years and getting the chance to meet many of the new ones. I know there are some I missed but now that you've been to a Mini you'll be back for more. As Reid mentioned.......SJRR is around the corner and will be here before you know it to kick off another great year of CCfan gatherings. Those that missed this one will be sorry that you did.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 10:33pm

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 11:10pm
I bet that guy in that new red NC registered Sport wishes he had a classic to ride around in, he should look for a Cypress Gardens boat Looks great Don!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 11:44pm
Wow! What another great weekend CCF get together, Thanks to Susan and Greg and Kristen for hosting there 1st and awesome Mini, If you where there, you know how cool it all was!!! Thank again the Fossetts   
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I bet that guy in that new red NC registered Sport wishes he had a classic to ride around in, he should look for a Cypress Gardens boat Looks great Don!

Gary,

It did feel very different having a newer (13 year old) boat this time. It was funny Friday evening as I passed the crowd on the lake. Very few folks knew who I was. The ones that had seen the boat this summer, had not seen it with the FCT2 tower install yet so they did not know it was me. It was very fun to sneak up on everyone.

I decided to keep it a secret that this boat was used as a pickup boat at the 2002 Masters. I did not want to draw more attention than my natural good looks was already stirring up.    

You should of had your Mustang at the event. Tim and Rico tuned more than I can count. Heck, I was ready to pull off my fuel injection and slap on a leaking Holley just to watch them work as a team. Each would get on opposite sides of the HM prepared engines and Joe and others would mill around until they would gain 50 horse power. Then they would move on to the next one.

Thanks for the kind words about the new tub. In twenty years it will fit right in. LOL .

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 1:44am
how bout some IDs on the boats?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 7:25am
Lookin Good Donald!!
Js
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 10:16am
Footy,
Way to go again !!! You're pics are always the best !!!
Looks like you all had a great time, well on Sunday anyway lol. What a cool selection of early Mustangs/Skiers and other CC's.. Man did they make some colorful little boats back then...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 10:19am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

how bout some IDs on the boats?

they are correct crafts
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Don, the new boat is killer.. Never look back buddy !!! haha
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 12:58pm
Looks like it was a great time. The '70s boat are well represented and look great.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 1:48pm
The green hull '73 stang is for sale if anyone is interested. ;)
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Yep, one of the rare bright green hills, and it's sitting in Mooresville North Carolina ready for demo and prompt delivery:-)
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Tim, didn't you just pick that boat up?? Whats the deal?
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 2:26pm
Public THANK YOUs to the following:

Greg, Sue & Kristin (and bf name escapes me) for pretty much everything
Donald on the grill
Joe for the boat & pulls
David & Ridgley Samuel for the hospitality

northcoastidol, jackiewdeen, & samudj1 for loading up all these bits into Jackie's pontoon. Under the motorbox are 4 spare tires

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 2:30pm
That Green Mustang doesn't have a Pro-Tec on it, does it?    
NauticoRico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NauticoRico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 2:30pm
Awesome weekend! Huge thanks to Greg, Sue, Kristin, and Kyle for hosting. Also, thanks to David and Ridgley for their hospitality and to everyone who came out to make it such a good time. Looking forward to the next one!

.-Rico
'72 Skier (Orange)
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 2:33pm
Jackie's boat? That's awesome!   She seems like a BIG Southwind fan.........

I think Val needs a boat too.............................
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic