Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Tique Platform

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Skinnwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinnwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Tique Platform
    Posted: April-11-2015 at 12:10pm
I am a proud new owner of a 76 Tique, however it only has the narrow platform on the transom, I need to find one of the full width ones, any leads?

Also, my doghouse has no interior on it, is there a company that makes coves for these?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 12:34pm
There are platforms out there for that hull since from 78 on they came with one but I don't see them come available too often as, obviously, they are not as common as one for the larger Nautique. Just get the word out and keep your eyes open for part-outs. The folks that make them for the CCFan store don't advertise that size but they might be able to whip one up for you.....if you have an extra 400 laying around

Your motor box was not upholstered unless some PO did it and mucked it up so you have to cover it. If the fiberglass is in fine shape, just leave it. If you want to cover it, (I think CC started covering them in 78) a good shop could do it for you. Not sure if Chritines would have the patterns for that or not.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 1:04pm
William,
That platform on the Tique you have is a homemade hack job from the PO. As Larry mentioned, CC didn't offer a platform till 78 but you can have one made. If you are planning on a restoration, keep the stern ladder, deck rail and remove that "platform"!!

BTW, if you keep all your posts on the Tique in the same thread, it will be easier for us to follow.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Skinnwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinnwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 1:05pm
Christine's does nautique interior work? do yo have contact info for them?

who are the folks that make the platforms. I have thought about finding a regular sized one and reconfiguring to fit, seems a viable option
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Skinnwill Skinnwill wrote:

Christine's does nautique interior work? do yo have contact info for them?

who are the folks that make the platforms. I have thought about finding a regular sized one and reconfiguring to fit, seems a viable option

For Christine's, click on their banner. For the platform as Larry mentioned, go to the CCfan store.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 1:07pm
Teak World in Tenn make nice platforms.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 4:32pm
Unless it sold already, JDD33 has a platform in Parts for sale threads.

And, A gen 2 SN platform should be the same width as a tique, 54"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Skinnwill Skinnwill wrote:

my doghouse has no interior on it, is there a company that makes coves for these?

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Your motor box was not upholstered unless some PO did it and mucked it up so you have to cover it. If the fiberglass is in fine shape, just leave it.

William,
Larry is correct on the upholstered dog house. Since you plan on doing some work on the boat, I suggest you take some time and utilize the resources of CCfan. The reference section is fantastic for taking a look at what was original even though there are some minor inconsistency's. The other great resource is the diary section.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic